House in Rudyard, Leek, Staffordshire - Peaceful Location Directly On The Lake With Beautiful Views
Hideaway was one of the original wooden holiday chalets built on the banks of Rudyard Lake and has recently been rebuilt to provide a modern, efficient and comfortable retreat, retaining it's ability to blend into it's secluded and beautiful woodland surroundings.
Reacliffe road forms part of the Staffordshire way which is a popular walking area. Hideaway is within walking distance to Rudyard Lake visitor centre with its tearoom, pleasure boat and small passenger steam train. Many attractions within the Staffordshire Moorlands are close, including Alton Towers and the Peak District.
The house is built over three levels. There is off road parking for three cars, adjacent to Reacliffe road, where the property is entered by the front door which leads into the second floor hallway. There are two bedrooms, two bathrooms and a cloakroom on this level.
Stairs then lead down to the first floor where there is a large open plan kitchen/living room with log burner, a further bedroom and bathroom. The large wrap around balcony is accessed from this level.
A second set of stairs lead down to the ground level. Here there is a games room with a second kitchen area, forth bedroom and bathroom.
From this level, French doors lead out onto the garden area where there is direct access to the jetty into the lake. Guests can enjoy using the lake for fishing (rod licence needed), boating, canoeing or just watching others sailing. The outdoor area also has an under balcony covered area where there is a large dining table, BBQ and Hot tub for 6 persons.
Hideaway has been decorated to a high standard that has been influenced by the natural beauty of its surroundings. Every bedroom and living area enjoys views of the lake.
For your entertainment, there are TVs in every bedroom, a TV in the games room and a Smart TV in the Living area. There are 4 DVD players in the property. In the games room there is a pool table and Hi-Fi. Wi Fi is available throughout the house.
As the property is within a sensitive area, all cleaning products are eco friendly and these are all provided and all included in the rental price. The property is equipped with everything to provide a luxury holiday whether staying for a week or short break.
Please note that short breaks are strictly either Friday to Monday or Monday to Friday, both at the same cost.
Full week stays are strictly Friday to Friday.
Due to the quiet location, the property is not suitable for groups who would like loud house parties, e.g. stag and hen parties.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Jayne Chadwick
I have always lived in Staffordshire and love the Moorlands area.
Jayne Chadwick purchased this house in 2008
Why Jayne Chadwick chose West Midlands
Loving Rudyard Lake, we were fortunate enough to purchase this property in 2008. We have lovingly rebuild it with the help of local craftsmen, to the highest possible standard.
It is a dream to own this house in such a unique setting.
What makes this house unique
Peace, Relaxation, Tranquillity.
(19 traveller reviews)
Meeting with friends
A few times a year we meet up with our friends, we all live in different parts of the country.
my husband found this place and it was great!
from arriving and meeting Jayne to staying in a greatly kitted out place, bedrooms were lovely, pool room was fun, hot tub great, kitchens well kitted out too, all in all a great place!
would happily stay again, many thanks Jayne for sharing your holiday home.
Amazing house with ever-changing lake views from every window.
An immaculate, well-equipped house with picture windows and excellent outside space. The hot tub and little boat at the end of the floating jetty completes the delight.
Hideaway is a truly stunning property set in a magnificent location.. The boat was an unexpected bonus!!
An amazing home in a fabulous location with every attention to detail given by the owners. We had a superb long weekend at 'Hideaway' and would highly recommend it to anyone.
A truely stunning place in an idyllic setting. The attention to detail makes it spectacular!!
From the moment we stepped into Hideaway we were blown away as were all our friends who visited us there for my 40th birthday. The property is beautifully presented and immaculate. It was the perfect place to relax and enjoy the beautiful surroundings and wildlife.
Jayne (the owner) really goes above and beyond as everything you need is provided and the attention to detail makes it so special. The balcony made it perfect for hosting a small party and socialising, it is set away from other properties and offers privacy. The hot tub was a huge hit and was so relaxing and well deserved after an exciting day on the lake. The Hideaway was just perfect!
From the Owner
“Loving Rudyard Lake, we were fortunate enough to purchase this property in 2008. We have lovingly rebuild it with the help of local craftsmen, to the highest possible standard. It is a dream to own this house in such a unique setting.”
Activity and Interests
The use of a car is recommended to take advantage of nearby attractions.
Rudyard village is within walking distance. Rushton Spencer and Leek can also be reached by dedicated walking paths.
The nearest supermarket is Sainsburys, Leek - 3 miles ( 8 minutes by car)
Leek also has many shops with a regular weekly market.
There are many lovely walks around Rudyard, but more can be found in the nearby villages of the Peak District.
There are many places of interest close to Hideaway. A few of these are;
Alton Towers - 15 miles
Trentham Gardens - 13 miles (also includes monkey forest)
Gladstone Museum - 12 miles
The Potteries Centre - 10 miles
Tittesworth Resevoir - 5 miles
Wedgewood Museum and factory - 15 miles
Emma Bridgewater - 10 miles
Waterworld - 10 miles
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Jan 2017 - 6 Jul 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
7 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Sep 2017 - 21 Dec 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
22 Dec 2017 - 28 Dec 2017
6 night minimum stay
for 6 nights
New Year 2017
29 Dec 2017 - 3 Jan 2018
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
To secure a booking, a deposit of £200 for a full week and £150 for a short break is required. Full payment will be required 6 weeks prior to the holiday start date.
Full weeks are from Friday to Friday.
Weekend breaks are Friday to Monday. This is a minimum stay of 3 nights for a weekend break
Mid week breaks are Monday to Friday. This is a minimum stay of 4 nights for a midweek break.
Notes on prices:
Off Peak; £1,200.00 per week or £750 for a short Break.
Short breaks are strictly Friday to Monday (3 nights) or
Monday to Friday (4 nights)
Peak; £1,400.00 per week. There are no short breaks during this period.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Peace, Relaxation, Tranquillity.”
- Away From It All
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Freezer ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room
- Games ...
- Pool Table ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Second floor -En-suite with shower, sink and toilet. Bathroom with Chromatherapy bath, sink and toilet. First floor - Shower room with shower, sink and toilet Ground floor - Shower room with shower, sink and toilet.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 + 2 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 -Master bedroom with King size bed and en-suite Bedroom 2 - Zip and Link bed to provide two singles or one Super king. Bedroom 3 - Double bed Bedroom 4 - Zip and Link bed to provide two singles or one Super king. Games room - double sofa bed
- Balcony ...
- Boat ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Included in the rental price is the supply of; All logs and kindling for the log burner Gas for the BBQ Small complimentary toiletry pack Luxury bedding and towels Full use of the electric Hot Tub for 6 people Toilet and kitchen rolls All cleaning liquids including washing powder, washing up liquid etc. Welcome pack with tea, coffee, sugar,milk, bread, butter, preserve and cakes. Central heating and electric. Please be aware that all bookings should be confirmed by telephone before making any payments to the owner. This is to ensure that there is no chance of any fraudulent activity. I would be pleased to talk directly on; 07964 417751. Outside: To the front of the property there is parking for three cars. There are slate steps to the side of the house that lead down to the first floor balcony and then to the ground floor garden area. The balcony is accessed from the living area and first floor bedroom. It has outdoor rattan furniture for 8 people and views across the lake. The ground floor stone patio area has a large outdoor dining table, BBQ and Hot Tub for 6 within a secure fenced area. Through the gate at this level, is direct access to the lake via the jetty and an area of astro turfed garden. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bedding are provided. Other: The games room is a large open plan room with pool table to the rear. The front area has a kitchen with a dining table for 4 and a double leather sofa bed.