House in Maisonnais-sur-Tardoire, Nr. Rochechouart, Haute Vienne, Limousin, France - Peaceful Location
This newly refurbished 2 bedroomed cottage, sits in a quiet hamlet in the Haute Vienne, about 45 minutes from Limoges airport. It has two bedrooms, a bathroom, lounge/diner and fully appointed kitchen. Outside there is a patio and a large private garden.
About the Owner
We have owned our house in La Borderie since 2010, and now we can share this beautiful area of France with you, when you stay in our cottage.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We found the cottage very well maintained, with good decoration and in pleasant and peaceful surroundings, with a nice orchard as part of the garden, which also included a washing line.
The cottage is surrounded by lawn and greenery.
The location of the cottage is a beautiful area near St Mathieu, convenient for petrol and shopping at the supermarket.
We highly recommend this accommodation, and we wish to return there next year. The owners are very helpful if you have a personal requirement.
Marjorie & Alan, South Devon, UK.
From the Owner
“This is the place to get away from the stresses and strains of life-a place to relax and unwind. Set in a small beautiful hamlet, with rolling countryside all around, but still close enough to shops and other activities when you want them.”
Activity and Interests
Whilst we are about 2 hours away from the coast, there are two leisure lakes which are a short drive away-Saint Mathieu and St Estephe -both have sandy beaches and are a lovely place for a stroll or to just watch the world go by.
The property is about 45 minutes drive from Limoges airport which is served by a large number of UK airports, and is also easy to access from Calais (7 hours), Caen (5.5 hours) or Le Havre (6 hours)
Use of a car is essential due to the rural location.
There are a number of car hire firms operating from Limoges airport-especially useful for a short break.
The town of Saint Mathieu is about 5 minutes drive away and this has a supermarket, bakeries, bar and restaurant. There are larger towns with more choice and amenities 25/30 minutes drive away.
The large local, and typically French market at Piegut Pluviers is about 15 minutes away, and is there every Wednesday-this is one not to be missed.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
|Notes: Rates are based on 2 guests; add £7 per night, per additional guest|
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please contact me about booking the property. We require a 25% deposit at the time of booking, with the balance due 6 weeks before your stay.
A refundable deposit against breakages or exceptional cleaning costs of £100 is payable when the balance is due. This is refunded after your visit.
Booking is only available between April and October.
We will always strive to be as flexible as possible on changeover days as we are aware that mid week prices can be much lower.
We would request that you arrive after 4pm and depart by 10am, however we will also try to be flexible on these if required.
Notes on prices:
The price quoted is for 2 people. This increases to £325 per week for 3 people and £350 for 4 people. For stays of less than a week the price is calculated on a prorated basis.
Please contact me to discuss payment terms
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Staying here will really take you away from the hustle and bustle of everyday life.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Library ...
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- scenic drives
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Small bathroom with toilet, sink and shower. Includes a heated towel rail.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1-double bedroom with wardrobe, bedside cabinets and chest of drawers, plus stores the iron, ironing board and the hair-dryer. Bedroom 2-twin bedroom with wardrobe and chest of drawers, plus additional storage space.
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Notes on accommodation: No pets accepted No smoking allowed Outside: There is a large secluded and private garden, which includes a patio table and chairs, a bench, barbecue and wooden deck chairs. There are a number of mature fruit trees and shrubs, nothing like picking your own fruit fresh from the tree. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Price includes towels, tea towels and linen, and changes are supplied if you are staying for more than one week. Also included is the cost of electricity, water and gas. A welcome pack, with a few essentials is also included in the price.