3 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms, fabulous hilltop village location, peaceful yet central
Herret Village House is a pretty home from home, gorgeous pool, lovely garden, views, comfortable house with satellite tv, bbq and charming vine covered terrace overlooking pool. This is an old village house which has been restored very stylishly yet simply reflecting the owner's good taste, even down to a great collection of books and dvds and a lovely garden to catch the sun at all times of the day.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
The house has always been popular with small families who find it ideal. This is our first year advertising with Owners Direct so we have no reviews to show you but previous reviews have been 5* glowing!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walking, cycling, gastronomy!
Canoeing is 10 minutes away in Beaucaire
Horse riding at riding school on outskirts of next village
Wine tasting, fois gras tasting, Armagnac tasting,
12th Century Abbaye de Flaran 3 miles away with outstanding art collection including a Monet, Picasso, Bonnard etc.
Lake at Castera-Verduzan
Super family sports lake with all facilities, little cafe, paddling pool, rafts, pedaloes, slides etc.
Toulouse is the nearest airport 1.5 hours away
Bordeaux, Bergerac and Pau are all about 2 hours away
2 miles to village of Valence-sur-Baise with bars, restaurants and supermarket
3 miles to Condom, big local town, more supermarkets, weekly market, bars etc.
15 miles to Cathedral city of Auch
Herret is centrally placed for exploring this part of historical Gascony, surrounded by chateaux, vineyards, duck farms, each village with its own bar restaurant and charming local fete throughout the summer.
The neighbouring village of Beraut just a mile away has a large melon farm selling lots of local produce.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
We will send you our booking form with details of how to pay the 50% deposit at time of booking to reserve your holiday.
Changeover day is normally Saturday during high summer season.
We can be more flexible during mid season bookings
Notes on prices:
Please ask for a special deal if you'd like to stay longer than 2 weeks in high season, or if you'd like to stay at the house for longer during mid or low season.
For off season rentals, electricity will not be included.
We can discuss this.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- pets considered
- smoking allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, This is ensuite with master bedroom but access for Bed 2
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Downstairs walk-in shower room is ensuite with Bedroom
- Family bathroom has bath, shower, bidet, sink & WC The family bathroom is ensuite with master bedroom but there's access to the bathroom for the upstairs twin-bedded bedroom Downstairs ensuite shower room has bidet, walk in shower, sink & WC this shower room is ensuite with the downstairs twin-bedded bedroom. It's also convenient as a downstairs loo.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom has king size bed with small dressing room/nursery and en suite family bathroom+bidet +wc Upstairs twin bedded room with access to family bathroom with bidet & wc downstairs twin bedded room with en suite large shower room with bidet & wc
- We can arrange for outside catering. Please let us know your requirements. Outdoors living with an outside dining table plus 6 chairs leading off the kitchen via French doors. There's a barbecue area around the corner on a second terrace. Across the swimming pool to catch the last rays of the sunset is the perfect cocktail hour table and 4 chairs. The swimming pool has a wide sunbathing area with 4 sunbeds and a parasol. The swimming pool is fabulous! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and sheets provided. Please bring pool towels. Linen changed every week for fortnight bookings. Property will be cleaned before your arrival. Please leave the property as clean as possible for the next guests. Cleaner can be provided at extra cost. Other: Entrance lobby/hallway has ancient Gascon stone sink, old inglenook fireplace leading to second spacious hallway area. There's also a lovely terrace leading off kitchen for outside dining