Farmhouse in Farndale Kirkbymoorside, North Yorkshire, England - Totally tranquil setting , wonderful walks on the doorstep, great pubs within a 5 minute car ride
For a self catering Holiday Cottage in North Yorkshire, why not come and stay at Olive House, a five bedroom holiday cottage located in the picturesque valley of Farndale, near Kirkbymoorside in North Yorkshire.
Set on the edge of the North Yorkshire Moors, this Holiday Cottage in North Yorkshire will comfortably sleep ten people and makes an ideal base for for people seeking a break away from it all and particularly good as a base for walking. Olive House is a five bedroom traditional farmhouse in a tranquil setting. This is a pet-friendly cottage so feel free to bring your dog. Famous for its unique show of wild daffodils in the spring, Farndale is undoubtedly one of the most attractive Olive house is a 116 acre working farm lying within Farndale Nature Reserve. The River Dove winds along the bottom of the fields, some of the land being classified as a site of special scientific interest; a haven for rare wild flowers and birds. There are numerous walks and bridleways (stabling is available) and there is also trout and grayling fishing available on the lower reaches of the Dove at Sparrow Hall. Olive House has an adjacent car parking area. There is a lawned garden to the front where you can sit in the evenings and enjoy the special views together with a glass of wine looking across areas of the North Yorkshire Moors National Park.
Olive house is heated by a multi-fuel stove which is the heart of the house. There is also an open fire in the living room. All fuel is included in the price. Bedding and towels are also included. There is a land line as there is no mobile phone connection. There is however free Wifi and Sky T.V.
About the Owner
Sparrow Hall is a mixed farm, and I run it with the help of friends and my daughter, since my husband died two years ago. I am passionately interested in sheep and cows, and all the wildlife around the farm which at the moment includes nesting barn owls and their chicks! Visitors can engage as much or as little as they want with the farm: all are welcome to enjoy the delights and downfalls of Sparrow Hall Farm!
From the Owner
“Olive House is rented from the Barratt Estate. The Barrett family own a large part of Farndale, and the properties have traditionally been leased to Tenant farmers within the Dale. My husband particularly love Farndale, and we leased the farm in 2008 with the agreement that the Farmhouse could be let for Holidays, while we farmed the land using traditional farming ways. Thus, we use the land mainly for summer grazing, half the herd of Suckler Cows move from Sparrow Hall (5 miles away, where I live) and Cheviot breeding sheep are transported back to the hillside after they have lambed downcountry. My Husband David died in 2012: Olive House was a favourite place for him, and is very special to me.”
Activity and Interests
25 miles Whitby
3 miles from Kirkbymoorside 23 miles Scarborough 37 York
Tescos Online delivery available to this address
see local info online at www.welcometoyorkshire.co.uk
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
email/ telephone bookings
Friday changeover sometimes flexible in low season. 11.00 dep 3.00 arrival
By cheque one month in advance, or bank transfer
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The benefit of Olive House is its unique peaceful tranquility within a real, unspoilt as yet, working Dale. The people are fantastic, the countryside breathtakingly wonderful.”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom on first floor with Bath, WC and Wash Basin. Shower room on ground floor with Shower, WC and Wash Basin
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: One double, one familyl two twin bedded one single Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, double bed and a futon and a cot; Bedroom 2 a double bed, Bedroom3 2 singles, Bedroom 4 a single bed, Bedroom 5 (attic)two singles
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Utility Room: Also called the "Boot Room" there is room to store walking gear.. a larder freezer and a small chest freezer are in here. Also high chair ironing board iron.. and Hoover! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are provided. Other: This house is not suitable for wheelchair users, but the stairs to the first floor are wide and the steps shallow with a firm handr rail so it would be all right for the less mobile.