Villa in Takaungu, Kilifi, Kenya - Peaceful Location, Direct Access To The Sea
The house is situated on the north side of takaungu creek in a very peaceful setting. The house is very attractive, but the view is more so. Considered to be on one of the best locations on the Kenyan coast.
About the Owner
This house is newly built. .it has been done with the utmost love. .i spent some time in India collecting doors and furniture to decorate the house. We have also used local Swahili and doors to make the house look more authentic.
I live near Mount Kenya but spend a lot of time on the Kenyan coast which I love.
Guestbook comments from the owner
From the Owner
“This house is set on one of the best locations on the Kenyan coast. . The owner of the immediate area sold off sea front plots and has kept the rest of the farm. . In order to get to the house one has to drive through this beautiful farm. Even though the house is far removed from the madding crowd, kilifi town is about ten minutes drive away, making shopping a very accessible experience. The staff are extremely well trained and our cook, Danson, is the best.”
Activity and Interests
The house has direct access to the beach/ sea
Malindi or Mombasa airports. Driving distance is about an hour from these airports. Hiring a car is recommended.
Kilifi town, where you can buy almost everything is about ten minutes drive away. If you want to go into Mombasa, that is about an hour away. . The same if you want to go to Malindi or watamu.
There are a few good restaurants to visit in the area....kilifi boatyard, open every day for lunch serves good seafood. Nautilus is a lovely house boat/restaurant situated in kilifi creek.. Serves great sea food.
Mnarani hotel is on Kilifi creek. Hiring of boats, skis can be done at the hotel. The club is about 7 minutes away from the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
16 Jan 2015 - 15 Jun 2105
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A 20% deposit is required on confirmation of booking and balance to be paid at least two weeks before arrival.
Refunds of 100% can only be given if cancellation is made one month before intended date of arrival. Otherwise deposit/full payment is forfeited. . Option to change bookings to a later date is possible.
Changeover date. . One full day of no occupancy is required to clean up the house and change linen etc.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“One can take a flight either to Malindi or MOMBASA...either way it is about an hours drive to the house. It is necessary to hire a car during your stay so that you can see the local area and do all your shopping. There are a few interesting things to do during your stay. Snorkelling at kirawitu about half an hours drive south of kilifi. The Gedi ruins to see just south of watamu... there is a golf course about twenty minutes south of kilifi on Vikings ridge.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Each bedroom has an en suite bathroom, with shower, basin and wc
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Each bedroom has a double bed. There is a single bed on the upstairs verandah adjoining the master bedroom.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Although there is Internet access, it is poor and can only be accessed from the upstairs section of the house Outside: There are four sun beds, a relatively small swimming pool in front of the house. Heating of the pool is not required as the outside temperature is quite hot.. The pool is private Utility Room: There is no washing machine, but laundry can be given to the staff. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included. Depending on the length of stay the linen will be changed at the beginning and end of your stay. In the case of long stays, the linen will be changed once a week and towels at guests request.