San Vittorino, award winning delightfully sunny house near Gubbio - Award Winning Project Within An Exceptionally Peaceful Estate In An Undisturbed Natural Setting
Chiaro is a delightfully sunny property, with the main terrace facing to the west. It has a large grassed private garden, fully irrigated, and the property has wonderful views from all of its windows. Gubbio, its surrounding area, and San Vittorino in particular offers a combination of tranquillity, history, culture and activities and, importantly, a slice of true Italian life. Should you tire of the views at San Vittorino, then the communal swimming pool and tennis court and extensive estate provide active alternatives. Despite being less than 15 minutes from the center of Gubbio, San Vittorino is exceptionally peaceful with views over unspoiled countryside and an entirely undisturbed, natural setting. Rome, Florence, Assisi and Perugia are all easily accessible for day visits, and you can reach the lovely beaches of the Adriatic coast in a little over an hour. The property is managed by people who originally lived in England, so language will be no problem. We can arrange for your fridge to be stocked on arrival if you wish, and also for mid-week cleaning.
About the Owner
Ever since I drove to Italy for the first time long ago, I knew I wanted to own a place like Chiaro someday.
During my search, one beautiful day in the late spring of 2011, I discovered San Vittorino.
Was it the colours, the scents, the sound of the woodpecker and the owl, the mysterious olive tree, the peace, the views…I just knew this was it.
My wife and I manage a dual career, taking care of our 3 very lovely and very busy teenagers, and this is where we come to be peaceful, either alone, in couple, in parent-kid(s) quality time or with the whole family.
The best part is my first cup of coffee in the early morning on the patio. Unbeatable.
In 2013, we decided to bring a young couple of locals back home to Belgium: Zuzzurelone and Aurelia, 2 beautiful Maremma dogs.
From the Owner
“In simple terms: "Classe non è acqua". Umbria is the green heart of Italy, still unspoiled and quiet enough to enjoy the beautiful views, the excellent food and wines, the unmatched historical treasures of the surrounding cities: Gubbio claims to be the nicest medieval town in Italy and is a 10’ drive, Perugia, Assisi, Spello, Bevagna, Montefalco are less than one hour away, Rome and Florence are about 2 hours’ drive. Gubbio is famous for its Ceri and tartufo fests and hosts a myriad of restaurants for each budget. And if you believe in legends: rumor has it that the crusader who was the first owner, buried a solid gold statue of a horse on the grounds…. San Vittorino is also the "Winner of CNBC Property Award for Best Redevelopment Italy 2008 and Best Renovation Italy 2009".”
Activity and Interests
The lovely beaches of the Adriatic coast can be reached in a little over an hour's drive from San Vittorino. Lago Trasimeno, the largest lake of the Italian peninsular, is a 40 minute drive from San Vittorino. Here there are beaches, wind surfing, superb views and other aquatic opportunities. There are ferries to the islands on the lake where you can explore the spot that St Francis spent time fasting in 1211. The restaurants here serve the local fish from the lake among other dishes.
The nearest airport is Perugia (30 minutes drive from San Vittorino) yet Ancona, Rimini and Bologna, are serviced by Ryanair from Stansted and both about one and a half to two hours drive; or Rome and Pisa, both just over two hours drive away. A hire car is essential.
The beautiful medieval walled town of Gubbio is a 10 minute drive from San Vittorino which offers a wide selection of medieval architecture, excellent restaurants, shopping facilities and amenities.
Rome and Florence are reached in approximately 2 hours driving time. Assisi, Urbino, Perugia and many other places of interest are within 30 minutes drive.
In the bookcase of the living room, you will find ample tourist information to plan your day-trips. There are a wide selection of places of interest and leisure activities within a 30 minute radius including fishing, horse riding, golf and cooking classes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
4 Sep 2016 - 1 Apr 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
2 Apr 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
A deposit will be asked upon reservation. Detailed requests on arrival and departure times, laundry and cleaning services can be made by email directly to the owner.
There are no specific changeover days. However, during the high season it is recommended to arrive on Saturdays.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- The master bedroom has an en-suite bathroom with walk-in rain-shower, 2 wash basins, toilet and heated towed rack; the second bathroom has a bath/shower, 2 wash basins, bidet, toilet and heated towel rack
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master bedroom with double bed, 2 bedrooms with twin beds
- Outside: Chiaro has a nice terrace overlooking the large grassed and fenced private garden, fully irrigated, and the property has wonderful views from all of its windows. Outdoor furniture (table and 6 chairs) and a movable design shade are provided on the patio. Sunbeds are provided for a nap under the ancient olive tree or fig-tree. The communal grounds are 125 acres, and available to explore. San Vittorino has a large communal swimming pool with sun loungers. It has stunning views over the Umbrian hills and Mount Ingino, a small mountain of the Apennines on which Gubbio was built. Tennis rackets and balls are available for use on the communal tennis court. Utility Room: Boiler, storage rooms, vacuum cleaner, hand vacuum cleaner, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen are provided and changed weekly or more often if required. Maid service is available by the local team.