Cortijo in Nijar, Nr. Cabo de Gata, Almeria Andalucia, Spain - Set In A Tranquil Location Overlooking Lemon, Orange And Olive Groves, 30 Mins From The Sea
The Cortijo is typical of the traditional building style in the area. It has been sympathetically brought up to date, but retains an attractive period fireplace and moulded wall which is typical of the traditional building style in Almeria.
You can stroll amongst the olive groves, read peacefully in the shade of a pergola and cook on the barbeque which is adjacent to the Cortijo. The kitchens were recently installed, each with a small stove and are fully equipped with olive oil produced locally for your use. This part of Spain is well known for the good weather, the olive oil, and artisan crafts with the locally made pottery being the best known. Beaches are 30 minutes drive away with boat trips being available as well as horse-riding and the chance to visit a spaghetti western film set. Granada is a mere 1 1/2 hrs drive away with the Alhambra, one of the seven wonders of the world, to see there.
** Ask us about renting one of the apartments - available from £30.00 per night.
About the Owner
I am a history and philosophy enthusiast, I love plants and flowers.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Lovely house outside the village. Perfect for a calm stay, enjoying the view! You can easily visit the beautiful beaches in the national park. Thanks!!
Linda, September 2014
Rural house maybe 15 minutes from Nijar. Very tranquil, no one living nearby. Car road isn't too difficult, a bit of gravel road. Very well furnished house, everything perfect. Recommended!
Justin, August 2014
From the Owner
“I have lived in Spain for many years and know Almeria very well. It is a peaceful, unspoilt and beautiful part of Spain, being lesser known than other regions and consequently under-populated with huge beautiful and deserted beaches and the Cabo de Gata (Spain's largest national park) 20 minutes drive away.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
This house can be rented for yoga / pilates lifestyle courses as we can accommodate up to 26 guests by using our other house alongside the cortijo which is 100 metres away. The other house has a large and airy hall for indoor yoga as well as 3 areas outside which are perfect for yoga / pilates matwork.
There are several very pretty beaches about 30 minutes drive away, two that are worth visiting are Aqua Amarga and La Iseleta.
We advise you hire a car as public transport is sketchy and the Cortijo is in a rural location.
The nearest airport is Almeria (Easyjet and Ryanair fly direct here, BA flies via Madrid) which is 25 minutes away; Murcia and Alicante are 1.5 hrs and 2.5 hrs drive and Malaga is circa 3 hours drive.
The Cortijo is based 2KM from Nijar, a pretty white village with several small supermarkets, some pottery shops and several tapas bars.
Almeria has a pretty old part of town, this is approximately 30 minutes away from the Cortijo.
You can also visit the site of where Blood Wedding was filmed at Tabernas which is 30 minutes drive, this is where many spaghetti westerns have been filmed. There is a volcano museum to visit locally as well.
Nijar has several small supermarkets for every day essentials as well as 2 ATMs and several tapas bars. There is a large Mercadona supermarket at Campohermosa, 20 minutes drive away, which is very well stocked.
Nijjar is not an especially gastronomic destination although there is a pizzeria on the way in to Nijar from the motorway (Restaurant Mirador).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Please email us with your inquiry, we will send you a booking form which serves as your contract.
There is a two night minimum stay for the Cortijo.
Payment is made in 2 installments; two payments of 50% of the total rental price plus a fully refundable security deposit.
We are flexible regarding arrival times. The Arrival time is after 1600, and we ask you check out by 1000 so that the Cortijo can be cleaned for the next guests.
Notes on prices:
Should you wish to rent a flat, rather than the entire cortijo please let us know as this would be available for £30.00 per night.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The tranquility, unspoilt countryside yet ease of being near to Nijjar and the motorway with good communication links to Almeria.”
- Away From It All
- Air Conditioning ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 1 with bath / shower over, wc, basin Bathroom 2 with walk in shower, bidet, wc, basin Bathroom 3 with walk in shower, wc, basin Bathroom 4 with walk in shower, wc, basin Bathroom 5 with walk in shower, wc, basin
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - double bed, en suite bathroom Bedroom 2 - single bed, en suite bathroom Bedroom 3 - double bed, en suite bathroom Bedroom 4 - double bed, en suite bathroom Bedroom 5 - single bed, en suite bathroom Bedroom 6 - double bed, en suite bath
- Boat ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: Please ask us about renting one of the flats in the Cortijo. Outside: There is a pergola adjacent to the Cortijo for sitting out underneath and enjoying the peace and tranquility. There is a newly landscaped garden behind where the cars are parked to sit and relax in. There is a BBQ area with shelter and and several areas around the building where it is possible to sit out and enjoy meals or peacefully read. Do be aware that the Cortijo is set back from a dirt track leading to another house so you will occasionally see cars go past. Utility Room: The washing machine is located in bathroom 2. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are included in the price. The property is cleaned before and after each rental, it can be cleaned during a rental with prior notice and for an extra charge.