TOURIST LICENCE 12763/AL Villa in Carvoeiro, Western Algarve, - One of the finest locations in Carvoeiro and within walking distance of the village and beach
12763/AL:: This stunning villa is on three levels and is set in extensive grounds. Four en-suite bedrooms (3 in main house and 1 in completely separate apartment) private gated pool, fantastic location within easy walking distance of Carvoeiro and beach, spectacular sea views, extensive tropical gardens. Situated in a very peaceful location, less than a ten minute walk to the village of Carvoeiro and beach (uphill on the way back!) where there are shops and bars and you are spoilt for choice of restaurants. As the village is so close, a car is not essential, but advisable if wanting to explore other beaches and many areas of interest. Plenty of taxis are available in the village too.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
I just wanted to say that we all had a fantastic holiday and the Villa was really beautiful and spacious.
5 based on 26 holidaymaker reviews
Well what can i say, this villa is fabulous. We came to this resort last year as well, but stayed in a smaller villa. This year both our daughters brought their boyfriends and as it was so big we didn't feel like we got under each others feet. It was lovely and clean and there were plenty of seating areas around the villa for you to escape, if needed. The pool was great and we ate a few of the oranges from the garden which were better than the supermarket ones, they were so sweet and juicy. We love Carveoiro and there are so many nice places to eat. Fernanda, the maid is so sweet, she is so quiet we didn't even know she was there. We really enjoyed Primavera, Taste, there is also a great Indian on the right as you walk up the hill, the staff are so friendly. The villa was only a 5 to 10 minute walk from the beach where ours hired a kayak for an hour, which was 20 euros. They also went to the water park, which they really enjoyed. That cost them 29 euros each and included the bus fare. I really hope we can return again, we enjoyed it so much. It was also in a nice quiet area.
six adults and two children stayed at the villa and it was suitable for all of us. The children, 3 and 5 year old, loved the pool and the fact it had a locked gate made it very safe. Plenty of space for the older adults if they needed a bit of me time. Very well furnished and all mod cons. The maid was delightful even though she got a fright coming across a toy snake left by the pool. Would recommend this property to anyone.
Favourite Family Holiday
Everything at the villa was perfect yet again. We have just returned from our 4th visit to CDSA. As usual we had a wonderful holiday with our children and their partners, a holiday full of fun and new experiences. The main reason for returning to this wonderful villa is its tranquility and the lovely space it has to offer. It is located in such a peaceful location and has all the necessary facilities for a relaxing stay. The villa is within walking distance to the beach and has numerous restaurants and bars in the town a perfect balance for us. Fernanda the maid does an excellent job of keeping the villa clean and is very friendly. Even though the average temperature was 35 degrees we found the villa to be cool and airy. We all look forward to hopefully return next year.
Fantastic family holiday in a wonderful setting
A wonderful property ideal for large groups. The villa is of an older style but this gives it a lot of character. The gated pool really appealed as we have younger children and this gave us peace of mind. There are lots of secluded seating areas outside so plenty of chances to escape for a few minutes to enjoy a cold drink in the sun. The villa is at the top of the hill so there is a short (ish) but steep walk to and from town but we didn't find it too bad. There are plenty of small supermarkets and restaurants within walking distance so a car isn't essential. The weather was amazing as it usually is (at least it has been for us for the 6 or so times that we have been to the Algarve). Fernanda the maid is wonderful although a lot of sign language is needed if you aren't fluent in Portuguese. Overall, a fantastic time was had in a wonderful villa. The semi-outdoor eating area is great and it has lovely sea views. Highly recommended.
Perfect summer home from home
As usual, everything in the villa, which is very well equipped, ,pwas of a very high standard. Kevin and Denise have worked very hard during the year with the changes they have made. The villa is fabulous. It is exceptionally clean and spacious with plenty of relaxing areas to enjoy. Fernanda the maid carries on with her work quietly as does the gardener and pool man. We have just returned from our 3rd stay at CDSA. It is situated in a perfect location for us as a family as nobody wants to drive. We enjoy the peace and tranquility the villa offers. More often than not we walk into town once or twice a day and don't find the hill much of a problem. We enjoy our daily fix of coffee at Matabixo and have our favourite resteraunts that we visit yearly. We can recommend Primavera, Taste, the Indian and Elle and Ella. However, we always book as there are normally 7 of us. Our children (19, 20 and 26) and friends enjoy the nightlife around Mungo's, Round Up and Rascals. They normally bump into friends that they have made over the years! We would definitely, recommend the villa to our friends and we hope to return in 2016 and for years to come. Thank you.
A great holiday
Just back from a great holiday at Casa Dos Arcos. The villa was fabulous and so spacious, the gardens were brilliant so many areas to relax loved the pool. Great communication before an during holiday. The maid was so lovely, pleasant and helpful. I would recommend this villa and would return in the future. Thanks for sharing.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For tennis players, Carvoeiro Tennis Club is 5 mins drive away, has many courts and offers coaching and several open sessions per week. Non-members are very welcome, and there is a pool, restaurant and gym.
Carvoeiro beach is 10-15mins walk from the villa. It is a very clean, sandy beach with very clear water. There are sun loungers and umbrellas for hire if needed, and several cafes and restaurants very close by.
The nearest airport is Faro. As it is about a 45 minute drive to the villa, there is no noise from aircraft using the airport.
Car hire is not essential, as there are inexpensive transfer and taxi services to and from the airport. Also, there are some local supermarkets and many restaurants within walking distance.
However, car hire is recommended as there are many places in the Algarve to explore, and the nearest large supermarkets are 10 mins drive away.
Carvoeiro, 10 mins walk
Lagoa, 10 mins drive
Portimao, 20 mins drive
Ferragudo, 15 mins drive
Lagos, 40 mins drive
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Jul 2017 - 15 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
16 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 8 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
A deposit of £400 is required with the final balance being due 8 weeks before departure.
Unfortunately we cannot accept a Saturday changeover
Flexible, however a Saturday carries a surcharge and a Sunday changeover is not possible.
A deposit of £400 is required on booking with the final balance being payable 8 weeks before departure.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- water parks
- horse riding
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 : WC, Bath with shower, Separate shower enclosure, His & Hers basins Bathroom 2 : WC, Bath with shower and Bidet Bathroom 3 : WC, Bath with shower Bathroom 4 : WC, Shower enclosure Cloakroom: WC and basin
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 bedrooms in main house and 1 bedroomed separate apartment Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 King size double bed Bedroom 2 2 Single beds Bedroom 3 2 Single beds Bedroom 4 2 single beds (apartment)
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The villa is in an established residential road and has plenty of privacy and many different outside areas to relax in. It is a perfect location for easy walking access to the beach, and the large number of restaurants bars and local shops in Carvoeiro. Accommodation: The top floor holds the fabulous master bedroom suite that has a huge sunny terrace with magnificent panoramic views of the sea and Carvoeiro. The middle floor has two further bedrooms, sitting room with great views, kitchen, conservatory and guest cloakroom. The apartment is on the lower floor at swimming pool level. The property has an alarm system, the garden is fenced and there are electric gates to the driveway. Outside: The villa is approached through the electric gates, down a long sweeping driveway, past the orchard, vegetable and ornamental gardens into a large courtyard with double covered car port and ample parking space. The one acre garden contains many different areas and levels and a large variety of tropical plants. Guests are welcome to help themselves to oranges, lemons, figs, and almonds when in season. There is a large private "gated" swimming pool (kidney shaped, approx. 10m x 5m). There is a covered area, poolside bar with fridge and sun loungers for 8 guests. The pool area is walled and the gate is lockable for children's safety. There is also a walled courtyard with brick built barbecue adjacent to the covered eating area. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Maid Service : Three times per week. Regular pool maintenance and gardener twice a week. A local English run company manages the villa Other: There is a large covered outdoor eating area adjacent to the dining room. This seats 8, has lovely sea views, and opens onto the walled courtyard with brick built barbecue.