Apartment in Frigiliana, Costa del Sol, Spain - Central 'Old' Town Location With All Amenities On Your Doorstep
This warm and welcoming ‘home’ is situated in the heart of the historic old town just below the famous Calle Real. El Capricho 'Frigiliana' is a top floor 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom, 1 W.C. apartment, it boasts a magnificent private terrace with breath-taking 360 degree views of Frigiliana’s stunning mountain backdrop, village setting and coastline below. With an abundance of tropical plants the terrace is a delightful haven in this beautiful village. The apartment is furnished and decorated to exacting standards, with high quality cream furniture and some unique pieces to show its true quality. The apartment has a real luxurious feel and is a true home, as opposed to a standard holiday rental property and this is shown through the care and attention to details. The property has a large private terrace which makes this property so unique as very few offer such a central location combined with such a large private outside space. The property also has access to the El Mirador communal swimming pool.
Top Traveller Review
Absolutely 5* apartment
About the Owner
Scott and I both live and work in the village of Frigiliana. Scott is Spanish by birth and is originally from Nerja where we both previously lived. He has a Spanish mother and English father allowing him to have the advantage of both cultures. I am English and relocated to Nerja at the beginning of 2010 which is when I met Scott. I came to Nerja for many years on family holidays until every year I found I was spending more and more time here and finally I made the decision to move permanently. We both work in the local area and really enjoy the culture and lifestyle that Nerja & Frigiliana have to offer.
5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Absolutely 5* apartment
Had a fantastic week in this amazing apartment fabulous views overlooking frigilianna immaculate throughout.Rachael and Scott are always on hand ready to help nothing too much trouble well worth a visit
Fantastic apartment, beautifully furnished, good location for the village amenities. Rachel and Scott great hosts, couldn't have asked for a better, more relaxing week. Highly recommended
5* apartment with amazing views
What an amazing apartment with views you could never grow tired of, either from the exceptional and expansive roof terrace or from both balconys. One off the gorgeous living room and the other off the 2nd bedroom. The apartment is beautifully decorated throughout and the lay out is fantastic with everything you could possibly need to have a great relaxing holiday! The owners Rachel and Scott were very helpful. Booking was so easy and Scott welcomed us when we arrived explaining everything and recommending some excellent restuarants in the village, which we tried and thoroughly enjoyed. The village is beautiful and we loved the peace and tranquility, although there is plenty places to explore just outside the village, making our holiday very enjoyable!
Just returned from our holiday in this wonderful apartment. We were met by the lovely owners Rachael and Scott, both very friendly and helpful and always at hand if we should need anything. The apartment is beautifully decorated and has a fantastic roof terrace offering amazing views. It is very well equipped and in a central location. We have been to Frigiliana numerous times and this apartment is the best we have stayed in. I would highly recommend it and we will definitely book again when we return. Thank you Rachael and Scott.
Dai & Kathryn Roberts
Fantastically comfortable property in a beautiful village. Recently returned from a family holiday in this apartment and can't recommend it highly enough. Spotless tastefully decorated and well equipped it met all our holidays needs. The roof terrace was very spacious and we were able to entertain friends comfortably there before moving on to local restaurants. The Mirador was a favourite both for lunch and dinner. Rachael and Scott organised taxi transfers from Malaga to the apartment and due to our late arrival were very accommodating in doing a basic shop for us.
Great Time / Fabulous apartment
We've just returned from a fantastic 11 day break in El Capricho, Frigiliana. The apartment was first class accommodation - well equipped and beautifully presented in a comfortable, contemporary style. The roof terrace was a delight. It was very spacious, well furnished and afforded wonderful views over the countryside to the sea. After a gruelling day on the beach or strolling round the village it was a delight to return and relax on the terrace.
The apartment is ideally located in beautiful old village and very convenient for enjoying all that Frigiliana has to offers.
A special thanks to Rachael and Scott who met us on arrival and for their preparation of this wonderful accommodation. We loved the apartment and the village and hope to return in the very near future.
From the Owner
“After having living in Frigiliana ourselves for the last 18 months we were itching to purchase our own little piece of the village when we came across this lovely penthouse. Happy in our current property in the village the penthouse was the perfect investment for us and we enjoy renting the property to other lovers of Frigiliana on a holiday basis. The penthouse could not be in a better location and perfectly placed for easy access to the old quarter of Frigiliana.”
Activity and Interests
6 Kilometres to Nerja and its beaches
Malaga airport to Frigiliana is just 70 Kilometres (50 minutes by car).
An abundance of local supermarkets, shops, restaurants and bars are on your doorstep in the heart of Frigiliana.
A major large supermarket can be found just 5 Kilometres away.
Frigiliana is located just 6 kilometres inland north of Nerja and lies at an altitude of 435 metres. Situated in the foothills of the Sierra Almijara mountain range, Frigiliana is an extremely pretty village which has received several awards for conservation and beauty. It enjoys spectacular countryside as well as wonderful sea views and good access to the coast. The population is around 3,000.
The village is a tangle of narrow cobbled streets lined by whitewashed houses, their wrought-iron balconies filled with planters of brilliant red geraniums. Small plazas provide shady seating while the village bars are popular with visitors who come here to taste the locally produced wine. There are also several excellent shops selling pottery and ceramics, including decorative plates with their distinctive Arab design. Frigiliana is best explored by foot.
Due to its unrivalled charm Frigiliana attracts a vast number of tourists during the summer months. Sunny summer days can be spent enjoying a light refreshment in one of its numerous bars and cafes, taking in the sights of some of its enduring processions and fiestas or exploring the area by taking a walk through olive groves, avocado plantations and lines of almond trees.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
November & December
1 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
* Refundable £200/200 Euro security deposit required.
* Air Conditioning/Heating is charged as an optional extra at 90.00 Euros/week.
* Minimum stay of 7 nights * High & Mid Season months entry and exit on Saturday’s only.
Notes on prices:
NB: Prices may be subject to change at the owners discretion.
A 25% reservation deposit is paid at the time of booking via bank transfer and the balance is then paid in cash on arrival to the property.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The village itself has an abundance of a lovely restaurants and tapas bars, whilst also offering many pretty little shops selling local produce and crafts. The village has a real charm and quality, and for a relatively small place has a vast array of local festivals and holidays where in our apartment you often have front row seats :-)”
- Air Conditioning
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- naturist beach
- water parks
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- The bathroom has been fitted to a very high standard, with full size bath tub & overhead shower, toilet, basin and bidet. The separate W.C. has a toilet and basin.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom with double bed, extensive fitted wardrobes providing plenty of hanging space leading onto a balcony. Vanity units & mirror. Air Conditioning unit for hot and cold. Second Bedroom also with double bed and ample fitted wardrobes for storage.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Air conditioning units producing Hot or Cold in the lounge/dining room and master bedroom are available as an optional extra of 95 euros per week. **Communal pool is open from June - September only** Hairdryer, Ironing board and iron available for use. On street parking. El capricho Frigiliana is strictly a non-smoking apartment, ashtrays are provided for smoking solely on the roof terrace. No pets. Maximum 4 persons in the apartment. **Frigiliana Feria 11th - 14th June 2015 & 3 cultures FESTIVAL 27th - 30th August 2015** Guests will experience noise at the apartment during this time. The apartment is rented on a Saturday to Saturday basis only in high season months. Outside: El Capricho Frigiliana has a wonderful large private roof terrace of 100 square metres which is reached from an internal staircase from the living accommodation. There is an abundance of tropical planting creating that ‘Garden of Eden’ paradise you would want on your holiday. With its elevated position the terrace boasts stunning views of the coastline and mountains, and with its central street side location you really are in the heart of the town. There is Dining chairs and table to seat 4 people. Sun loungers with cushions for sunbathing on, Extra-large parasol, a beautiful 'chill out' Zone with Arabian style curtains and cushions, pretty lanterns and candles to transport you to Souk! The terrace also has its own lighting to create that perfect evening ambiance. Utility Room: High quality washing machine, clothes airer and pegs. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: For reservations of more than one week a linen and towel change is provided. Other: The lounge offers a flat screen TV with Spanish channels and English UK Freeview channels, DVD Player. Air-Con unit for hot and cold. WI-FI is provided free of charge.