Villa in Ovacik, Olu Deniz, Aegean Region, Turkey - Easy Short Walk To Restaurants, Shops & Buses. 10 Min Bus Ride To Olu Deniz Beach. Welcome Pack
Private Villa in Peaceful Area with Pool and Large Patio area and Garden. Panoramic Views of Babadag Mountains. In a peaceful setting with easy access to Restaurants, Shops, Water Park and Beaches. Gas BBQ.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Paul Duncombe
My wife Theresa and I (Paul) live in a small town just north of Cambridge. We have four children (all of whom have also enjoyed visiting here) and three grandchildren. I work as a medical researcher for a pharmaceutical company and Theresa, works in the community. For the last 3 years we have spent the entire summer holidays out here, as well as visiting once or twice at other times of the year. Unfortunately, due to a change in job, we cannot do this any more and so have decided to share our Turkish home with others.
Paul Duncombe purchased this villa in 2011
Why Paul Duncombe chose Lycian & Turquoise Coast
We had been on holiday to a number of places in Turkey and always enjoyed our time over here, especially the people, atmosphere and the weather. Then we visited Olu Deniz and fell in love with this area. Ovacik, in particular, has the advantages of holiday destination, good food, value for money, plenty to do and great weather and none of the disadvantages of many areas. As we were walking past one of the (many) estate agents I saw a picture of this villa and thought how beautiful it looked. So, we came up to Ovacik to look it over, and a few others to make sure; before we went home we had put a deposit on it! Very scary at the time.
What makes this villa unique
Villa Oleander is near to the main road between Hisaronu and Fethiye; it takes just a few minutes to walk to local shops, restaurants and dolmus stops, with no steep or long hills to navigate, so suitable for older guests who do not want a serious hike to get anywhere. One of the great things about this plateau is that it has a less oppressive summer climate than some of the surrounding beach-side locations. One of the many things to do if you enjoy walking is to go on the Lycian way (a breathtaking walk)
(1 traveller reviews)
This was my fifth visit in as many years to this area and we have stayed in a number of villas and without doubt this villa was perfect for a relaxing stay in spotlessly clean accommodation. The spacious villa is well equipped and has a large pool area. I am quite fussy about where I stay and research endlessly to find the right place, so if your like me I will save you the time and recommend that you book this villa as you wont be disappointed. Booking is easy and everything went smoothly as the owners Paul & Theresa were easy to communicate with.
From the Owner
“We had been on holiday to a number of places in Turkey and always enjoyed our time over here, especially the people, atmosphere and the weather. Then we visited Olu Deniz and fell in love with this area. Ovacik, in particular, has the advantages of holiday destination, good food, value for money, plenty to do and great weather and none of the disadvantages of many areas. As we were walking past one of the (many) estate agents I saw a picture of this villa and thought how beautiful it looked. So, we came up to Ovacik to look it over, and a few others to make sure; before we went home we had put a deposit on it! Very scary at the time.”
Activity and Interests
Olu Deniz beach is around 15 minutes and Fethiye harbour 20 minutes by local bus.
Nearest airport Dalaman is around 1 hour way.
Fethiye harbour is 20 minutes away by bus.
Cars can be hired locally in Ovacik, if required. We can arrange this in advance from a local, reliable company. Car hire is not essential as the bus (dolmus) service is very frequent and stops not far from the villa.
Ovacik shops - short walk
Hisaronu with more shops, Monday market, bars and night club - 5 mins by bus
Olu Deniz & Blue Lagoon - 15 mins by bus
Fethiye (main town) - 20 mins by car
Rhodes - Day trips from Fethiye
Welcome Pack on Arrival
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
Just £200 secures your booking. The full rental amount is required 8 weeks prior to departure together with a refundable £200 security deposit which will be refunded within 14 days of your return, subject to no damage or abuse of facilities occurring.
On receipt of rental payment, the initial deposit becomes a security deposit, refundable within 14 days of rental end in the event of no damage or abuse of facilities, including electricity, occurring.
Departure by 10.30am and arrival after 3.30pm. Depending on times of previous and subsequent bookings, times may be flexible. Please just call us to discuss, although we may not be able to confirm flexibility until very close to your stay.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Villa Oleander is near to the main road between Hisaronu and Fethiye; it takes just a few minutes to walk to local shops, restaurants and dolmus stops, with no steep or long hills to navigate, so suitable for older guests who do not want a serious hike to get anywhere. One of the great things about this plateau is that it has a less oppressive summer climate than some of the surrounding beach-side locations. One of the many things to do if you enjoy walking is to go on the Lycian way (a breathtaking walk)”
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Video Games ...
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- near the sea
- water parks
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- jet skiing
- bay fishing
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1 has large shower & wc. Main bathroom has bath, shower & wc. En-suite bathroom to bedroom 2 has shower & wc.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1st Floor Bedroom 1 : Super-King Bed, Dressing Table, Small Safe, a/c plus En-suite 1st Floor Bedroom 2 : Double Bed, a/c and balcony 1st Floor Bedroom 3 : Double Bed, a/c and balcony 2nd Floor Bedroom 4 : Twin Beds, Sofa, a/c, plus En-suite
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Notes on accommodation: Villa Oleander is suitable for families and couples looking for a relaxing holiday in the sun. A small safe is provided and the doors and windows have security bars. There are mosquito nets on the windows. Please advise us if you require a high chair or cot, as these are not left at the villa otherwise. You must take out your own insurance as the owners accept no responsibility or liability for any personal injury, accidents, loss or damage to personal belongings however caused during your stay. Strictly no smoking inside of the villa. IMPORTANT: The pool is the same depth throughout – it does not have shallow area. Outside: The Dining area opens onto a very large patio area offering shade later in the day and early full-sun for the lobsters amongst you. There is also a large dining table and 8 chairs. You take two steps down onto another large patio area that surrounds the 32m2 pool. There is an outside shower beside the pool. Eight sun-loungers are provided together with four umbrellas and tables. The pool has built in lights for that late swim (clothes optional). The gas BBQ is for use outside – it is wheeled for mobility so that you can do your caveman thing in the sun or shade, as you prefer. The living area opens out onto a small patio area which has a rattan dining table plus 4 chairs; great for a morning breakfast in the shade or a cocktail as you watch the sun finally go down. There is a grassed area for ball games; there is also a washing line and a folding clothes drier. There is green screening around the house offering extra privacy. Utility Room: Washing Machine and Linen Basket. Ironing board and Iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The property will be cleaned prior to your arrival. Mid-stay cleaning will be done for stays of two-weeks. Fresh Bed linen and Bathroom towels are provided but not beach towels. Additional cleaning can be arranged during a longer stay at a small expense. Other: Separate Dinning Area with Large Table and 8 Chairs