Bungalow in Portpatrick, Nr. Stranraer (Rhins of Galloway), Dumfries and Galloway, Scotland - Quite Private Location 5 Minutes Walk To Seafront, 2 Minutes Walk To Dunskey Golf Course
Ocean Wynds is a luxury holiday home ideal for all ages and disabled friendly. Has a large enclosed garden ideal for children and dogs. It has a large family kitchen, dining room, sun lounge, dining room, large lounge, 3 bedrooms, large family bathroom and 1 en suite bedroom.
About the Owner
I live on a Farm three miles from Portpatrick with my Husband and three children. Portpatrick is situated in South West corner of Scotland looking over the Irish Sea and is a picturesque fishing village. It is close to the famous Botanical Gardens, Castle Kennedy Gardens and Mull of Galloway the most southerly point of Scotland with views to Ireland, England and Isle of Man. Just a few minutes walk away are some beautiful beaches. Our region also has the Galloway Forest Park and there are several 18 hole golf courses, Dunskey Golf Course is a few minutes walk away.
From the Owner
“Ocean Wynds was owned by a family member and we decided to buy it as we knew it had great potential as a holiday home, as it had been recently refurbished to a high standard, and would be family and disabled friendly. It is also walking distance to the seafront, beach, local village shops, play areas, Golf courses, and the start of the famous Upland way.”
Activity and Interests
The seafront/harbour and small beach is 5 minutes walk from Ocean Wynds.
local secluded beach is 15 minutes walk.
large coastal beach is an hour walk but is only 10 minutes drive away.
Various other beaches with in local area that you can drive to
Prestwick Airport - 1 hour 30 minutes drive
Glasgow Airport - 2 hours drive
Stranraer Train Station - 8 miles from Portpatrick 10 minute drive
Local Taxi available 24hrs from Stranraer
Local Bus service from Portpatrick to Stranraer
P&O and Stena Ferries Irish crossings from Belfast and Larne - 15 miles from Portpatrick, 20 minute drive
Stranraer is nearest main town - 8 miles away (bus route)
Portpatrick - bakers/sholp, post office/shop, gift shops, tea rooms, various pubs, restaurants, park and play area.
Stranraer - Main supermarkets, larger shops, cafe's, restaurants, leisure centre (pool, childrens play area etc)
Also in Stranraer is main Hospital, dentists, vets etc
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
5 Nov 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Christmas & New Year
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Once a guest wishes to proceed with a booking we ask for half of the full amount for deposit and the rest 6 weeks before their arrival date. Once deposit has arrived full confirmation will be sent with booking details and guest policies.
Please feel free to ask for special offers in Low, Mid or High Season.
Changeover day is flexible we can take short and long term breaks.
Arrive time is 3pm onwards
Departure time is 10am
Notes on prices:
Prices are for up to 6 guests however the property can accommodate up to 11 people but at an extra cost.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Ocean Wynds is a luxury holiday home ideal for all guest of all ages and disabled friendly. Located in the village of Portpatrick it is just walking distance to the seafront, beach, harbour, shops, pubs, play areas and Putting green. Dunskey golf course and the famous Southern Upland way are just a few minutes walk away. Ocean Wynds has a large enclosed garden ideal for younger children and dogs. It is an ideal location for families, friends, golfing parties and other groups to relax and enjoy short or long term breaks. There is also private car parking for up to 4 cars.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large family bathroom with large bath/shower & toilet/sink Bedroom 1 has en suite shower/toilet/sink
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 11
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 but extra guests can use sofa bed Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 - Double bed and single bed (can be made into 3 single beds) with en suite shower Bedroom 2 - 2 Double beds (can be made into 4 single beds) Bedroom 3 - 1 Double bed (can be made into 2 single beds)
- Golf ...
- Outside: Ocean Wynds has a large private enclosed child friendly garden also ideal for dogs. It has patio areas as well as large grassed areas. There is outdoor furniture ideal for eating outside. Utility Room: Washing Machine, Tumble Dryer, Hoover, outside washing line. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen and towels are included in the price - extra can be arranged at an extra cost. The house is cleaned after each guests leave but if guests wish extra cleaning to be done this can be arranged at an extra cost. Other: Sun lounge with a sofa bed that opens up to the lounge, with attached dining area, large hall that links to the bedrooms giving an open plan feeling of the living areas.