Converted Luxury Barn with 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms and pool near Cordes sur Ciel
La Belle Vue is a spacious gite, with rooms and terraces overlooking the beautiful valley near Cordes. The barns have been converted into a stylish modern home whilst retaining many original features. There is a cool well-equipped kitchen with French windows which open onto a covered outdoor eating area, 4 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, a living room, a games room, a large garden and a terrace with a private BBQ by the pool. All the rooms have been simply decorated with hand-painted furniture and colourful accessories, all all have a fan. We have tried to created a spacious and luxurious house so our guests can enjoy all home comforts away from home in an environment which is typically French so you do feel you are away! We provide a simple welcome pack with essentials for your first day, which includes a bottle of wine from a local vineyard. The area around Cordes sur Ciel is beautiful. There are forests, fields of sunflowers and vineyards on our doorstep. Explore the dramatic castles and old bastide towns in the area. Have an adventure and canoe down the Gorges of the Aveyron River in St. Antonin Noble Val. Zip wire in the forests of Najac. Admire the Cathedral in Albi. Enjoy the sunset and an apero at the local vineyard. Shop till you drop at the local markets or just sit by the pool, pretending to read, and soak up the sun! There is a folder with local information and maps in the gite, which includes a booklet of circular hikes in the area for those who enjoy a ramble.
Top Traveller Review
Glorious views, gracious hosts
About the Owner
We bought the property because we loved the French countryside of hills and vales, castles, the old towns and markets. It is a lovely holiday destination and we enjoy being part of the local community.
Guestbook comments from the owner
What a pleasure to stay in your gite! The views are spectacular, the wildlife interesting! The gite is so comfortable and your taste is immaculate. Perfectly situated for Cordes. Lots of local produce - food and wine delicious!" Nick and Kate from London, UK
"Thank you for a truly special week that we have spent in the gite. An amazing view, beautiful scenery and countryside and lots of lovely places to go and see. Very much looking forward to our return!" Melanie and Cormac from Ireland.
"Thank you so much for an incredible week! The house is absolutely stunning. All the activities and day trips will make amazing memories. The museums in Albi, canoeing, Cordes, Najac! The pool is amazing and the views are spectacular- you are so lucky to live here." Lucy from Bath, UK
2 holidaymaker reviews
Glorious views, gracious hosts
We loved the stunning views which changed by the day and hour, depending on the light and weather. The pool was refreshing and relaxing after days spent hiking, shopping at local markets, and exploring nearby historical towns and castles. La Belle Vue is situated in a peaceful village close to Cordes Sur Ciel. It is delightfully comfortable and has everything you'd think you may need for a home away from home. The owners are gracious, welcoming and accommodating, and have more wonderful ideas for entertainment and adventure than there will be time for in your visit. The food is incredible, we never ate at a place we wouldn't want to go back to and, don't miss the local wine!
A true taste of France - in style!
This is a great find. The family loved it - everything from the swimming pool to the games for all ages. Lovely renovation which keeps the character of the ancient buildings. There's nothing like the combo of old stone and a perfect power shower! Really well-equipped and everything just as the info said it would be. There wasn't anything that the house lacked - very comfy beds, lovely linen, geraniums. It's way more tasteful than my house!
The owners live next door which is really handy for getting tips on where to go and what to do. They're English and very welcoming and also speak French for those moments when you don't know what to ask for. We didn't have any problems but I am sure they would have sorted them out if we did.
We did horse riding, high wiring (well, I wimped out), canoeing, picnicing, wine tasting, wandering and eating. And lots of castles... the space museum at Toulouse is great for a not-so-sunny day. And loads of swimming and walking. The countryside is beautiful and it really is la belle France round Cordes. The market is a must and there's a cool café next to the market for coffee and a cake from across the road.
Just hang out on the terrace with a glass of something local (loads of vineyards) - it's perfect.
From the Owner
“The views are amazing. The first thing that strikes you are the stunning and ever-changing wide views. We fell for that view straight away, and the house wasn't so bad either! The area is beautiful and varied with vineyards, mountains, forests and rivers. The local towns are interesting and offer everything from good quality local markets to cinemas and theatre. Although we are living the very rural life, you don't feel cut off. Its not London or Paris obviously but then, they are only a small flight away from Toulouse.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
We are planning a weeks itinerary of hikes around local places of interest in May/June and Sept/Oct when the weather is pleasant for walking. This will include meals and picnics. If you are interested in finding out more, please email us directly.
The nearest beaches are on the Mediterranean coast, about 3 hours away.
Toulouse and Rodez are both 1.15 hrs away.
Cordes sur Ciel 4km/3mins
Albi 24km/25 mins
Castelnau de Montmiral
St Antonin 20km/20mins
Cordes (4km) has several small supermarkets and a Saturday market. For a bigger supermarket we recommend you go to Gaillac, 25km away.
Cordes has a variety of restaurants, including bistros and pizzerias.
Cordes has several banks with ATM machines.
Canoeing in St. Antonin and Najac.
Zip wiring and forest adventures in Najac.
Castles in Penne and Najac.
Bastide towns of Castelnau de Montmiral and Puycelsi.
Markets nearly every day of the week in various local towns.
Albi has a Cathedral and the Toulouse Lautrec Museum.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Apr 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
3 Sep 2017 - 31 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please email us for booking instructions.
Dutch, French and English spoken.
Changeover day is Saturday. Arrival is at 4pm, and departure is at 10am.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The best thing about this holiday home is that you can relax and just enjoy the splendid views and laze by the pool all day, but there is plenty to do within easy reach if you want to. Sophisticated shops and museums in Albi or a day on the river in St Antonin. As a holiday destination we think its hard to beat!”
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Shower Enclosure
- Bedrooms 1 and 2 both have an ensuite. Bedrooms 3 and 4 share a bathroom.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8/10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, and 2 singles on the mezzanine. Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with 2 singles Bedroom 4 with double bed All bedrooms have a chest of drawers, hanging space and a fan.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The barns were lovingly converted into a comfortable holiday home in 2014 by local artisans. There are many features like stone walls, beams and quirky nooks and crannies. Yet is has all the comforts of a modern home. Free Wireless Internet access is included All our kitchen equipment, washing machine, dishwasher, microwave, ovens and smaller apparatus have been newly purchased for the gite. We provide toilet paper and cleaning products, including tablets for washing machine and dishwasher. The bedrooms are simply decorated and all have hanging space and a chest of drawers. The bedding is all fresh, with new mattresses and mattress toppers to ensure you have a good night's sleep. We provide a non-fitted sheet for those hot nights when a duvet is just too warm. The bathrooms are spacious and modern with twist (we have renovated old briars and ladders into towel rails for example). There is plenty of hot water all day. Outside: The covered outdoor eating area is outside the kitchen. We have a pair of binoculars ready for you to spy on the wildlife in the valley. There is a private terrace with BBQ (with a bag of charcoal for you) in the garden. The 12m x 6m pool is shared with the owners only. We do try and keeps this to an absolute minimum. Our grown up daughters might be there on occasions, however, they are excellent babysitters! There are areas outside the pool as well with extra sun loungers. There is a large parking area. The owners live on-site. The houses are both private and separated by gates and plants. Utility Room: There is a downstairs toilet. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen is provided and includes an extra sheet for hot nights when duvets are too warm. We have extra pillows available. Bathroom towels are provided. Please note we do not provide pool towels. Other: The games room has a table tennis table and a variety of toys for our younger guests, such as a doll's house, dolls, Lego, Duplo, and dressing up clothes.