Holiday Home Nr. Great Torrington, Devon, England - Spacious Accommodation Suitable For Group Parties
The property is a very spacious converted stone barn set in the grounds of a working sheep farm. It is in the same grounds as Weirmarsh Farm Restaurant. (If you wish to book the restuarant this should be done in advance of your stay; the restuarant has its own website). The property gives easy access to beaches as well as the National Parks of Exmoor and Dartmoor. The beautiful River Taw is within walking distance, across two fields.
There are 4 en-suite bedrooms upstairs and one bedroom downstairs with a toilet but no shower. the bedrooms have beds to sleep up to 16 guests. there are two sitting rooms, one with TV and a very large kitchen diner which has a table that will seat 16. a high chair and cot are provided.
Outside is a patio area and a small enclosed lawn. the outside space is totally enclosed and can be secured by a gate. Two large picnic tables are outside with bench seating for 16. There is a bbq outside.
Attached to the house is a building which houses a hot tub, a table tennis table a pool table and darts board.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Phillipa may
Pip and John live in Umberleigh in the Taw valley 1 mile from the barn. We have run the barn since it was converted from a mill in 2005.
Why Phillipa may chose North Devon
The barn is very spacious, having been converted from a large stone milling barn on the family farm. It is very spacious with large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms.
It is in the picturesque Taw valley with riverside walks.
there is large playroom which houses a hot tub, a table tennis table, a pool table and darts board.
What makes this barn unique
The property is on a sheep farm in the Taw valley, giving access to river walks along the Taw.
Driving to the barn is easy along the A377, or the nearest rail station is 1.5 miles away in Umberleigh.
The barn is on the same site as the renowned Weirmarsh Farm restaurant if you wish to eat out,and is close to good pubs.
(4 traveller reviews)
Stayed here over Christmas with 8 adults and 6 children all facilities were good would highly recommend. Need the know that you should ignore sat navigation as the house is about a couple 100 yards further along main road.
Made our weekend!
I booked this barn for a group of 13 of us to spend the weekend for some birthday celebrations and it exceeded all of our expectations. We had a great space and the communal areas were made to feel very homely. The facilities available were great especially the hot tub. Despite being a little further from the beach than we would have liked, the barn is surrounded by lovely walks. And for the price, we received a lot more than anticipated. Thank you for such a great weekend!
the barn was excellent in every way
The barn was fantastic very large and spacious which is what my family needed very well equipped and clean the owners were very helpful we all had a great time
What a lovely house. The weather was rubbish but it doesn't matter when you have such a lovely house to kick about in. Kids and adults loved it.
From the Owner
“The barn is very spacious, having been converted from a large stone milling barn on the family farm. It is very spacious with large bedrooms with en-suite bathrooms. It is in the picturesque Taw valley with riverside walks. there is large playroom which houses a hot tub, a table tennis table, a pool table and darts board.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Salmon fishing can be bought in the river Taw, although the property has no private fishing rights.
The beaches at Saunton, Croyde, Woolacombe and Westward Ho are all within a 20 mile radius with Instow being the nearest at 13 miles.
The barn is 40 minutes drive from junction27 of the M5, or from Exeter. It is 1.5 miles from Umberleigh station.
The nearest shop is a Murco garage near Umberleigh which is 2.5 miles away. Towns with supermarkets are about 8 miles. All supermarkets will deliver to the barn.
Weirmarsh Farm restaurant is on site. Bookings must be made separately (phone 01769 560338)
There are plenty of pubs and restaurants within 3-5 miles.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
30 Mar 2017 - 7 Jul 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
8 Jul 2017 - 22 Jul 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
23 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings can be made by e-mail or by phone.
Phones 01769560602 or mobile 07966794113 or 07971164282
Friday or Monday
Notes on prices:
It may be possible to negotiated different lengths of stay if availability allows. Prices will then need to be negotiated over the phone.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“The property is on a sheep farm in the Taw valley, giving access to river walks along the Taw. Driving to the barn is easy along the A377, or the nearest rail station is 1.5 miles away in Umberleigh. The barn is on the same site as the renowned Weirmarsh Farm restaurant if you wish to eat out,and is close to good pubs.”
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player ...
- Game Room ...
- Games ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Pool Table
- Stereo ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 3 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Bathrooms are en- suite to bedrooms 1-4. One has a bath plus shower all others have showers. The is an extra downstairs toilet, next to bedroom 5.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 16
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Single Bed
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps up to 16 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: The 4 upstairs bedrooms have en-suite bathrooms. Bedroom 5 is downstairs and has an adjacent toilet Bedroom 1:- A very large room with a super king bed and two single beds. Bedroom 2:- Has a king size bed and a single. Bedroom 3:- Has a double and a single bed. Bedroom 4:- Has a double and two singles. Bedroom 5;- is downstairs with a double bed.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Tennis ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- Max. occupancy: 16
- non smoking only
- pets considered ...
- children welcome
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Outside is a patio area with barbecue and an enclosed garden area. There is a hot tub and games room and another open barn room with table and bench seats for eating outside. Utility Room: The utility room has washing machine and dryer as well as a large Belfast sink and drying rail. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are provided. The property is thoroughly cleaned after every change over and all linen and towels are changed.