Set in approximately one and a half acres, the house enjoys wonderful views across fields
Sulhamstead is a small village set between the towns of Newbury and Reading. It is a quiet Hamlet twinned with Ufton Nurvett and enjoys all the peace and tranquility of a Berkshire village yet is close to all major roadways and rail links.
The two properties for letting are in the gounds of the house, one, a stand alone two bedroom bungalow and the other, the Annexe, is attached to the main house but totally seperate in all other ways.
Details for holiday farmhouse The Annexe, 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5, 1 Bathroom
Attached to the main Farmhouse, this annexe was added to the property 20 years ago. It is a spacious and very nicely decorated two storey building with a conservatory enjpying views of the gardens and the fields beyond. The triple aspect bedroom is a large L shaped room with either three singles or a double and one single bed. The bathroom, which comes directly off the bedroom has a large shower, corner bath with shower and toilet and hand basin.
A moder Tv is in the lounge with big comfy sofas, one of which converts to a really godd, properly sprung double bed, should you need more bedspace.
Outside the large gardens (apx and acre) have many areas to enjoy including a vegetable garden with pond, two pergola areas and the pool with Summer Kitchen.
About the Owner
We are Sue and Duncan and have lived at Field Farm, House for 15 years. Two of our three kids still live with us, Georgia and Ross (19 yrs and 23 yrs) and Presley our 2 yr old Show Cocker.
We love the house and the fact that, if you didn't know it was there, you'd drive right by it as the house and gardens are totally secluded from the roads by mature trees and hedgerow.
Sue is an accountant and Duncan works in Media, Georgia is a carer and Ross is in construction. Sue enjoys keeping her chickens, walking Presley and looking after the family and the house, whilst Duncan is a keen musician and can most weekends be found either out playing a show or somewhere in the garden.
We think of ourselves as a strong and loving family and with a fairly easy going nature.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful, and a charming and warm welcome always, I use it for when staying over on business- Mark Boyland
Fantastic accommodation and location. Really well finished and really comfortable. I live in Spain and always stay when visiting - Alan O'Brien
We always use the annexe, there are four of us in couples and it easily copes, brilliant. - Michelle Pipon
From the Owner
“We fell in love with Field Farm House about halfway through the show around. We'd bought it, re decorated and moved in by the time we left after the first visit, it just felt immediately right for us and our then, young family. Large gardens and a swimming pool sold it to the kids and the access to M4 London, Heathrow, Windsor, Newbury etc etc was the icing on the cake. Sulhamstead has a really good community spirit too and the many events and charity raising parties all add to the fun of living there.”
Activity and Interests
Heathrow 30 mins by car
Reading 5 miles, Newbury 8 miles, Basingstoke 8 Miles, Oxfrod 13 miles
Newbury 8 miles
Basingstoke 12 miles
Windsor 18 miles
The local pub serves great ales, some local, along with a first class menu of chef prepared meals and excellent wine list. it's a ten minute walk which is a perfect journey to work up a thirst on the way there and settle the constitution on the return.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
19 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
Booking is preferred and full payment is required 8 weeks in advance, although late bookings can be organised if available.
Please contact owner
Immediate deposit balance 8 weeks prior to arrival
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Parking, pool, summer kitchen, views, canal walks.......”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Large en suite bathroom with very large shower and separate large bath, two windows overlooking garden
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Large 1st floor bedroom with triple aspect windows comprising 1 large double bed and full size single bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: The large upstairs bedroom is L shaped with the main double bed occupying the one leg of the shape and a full size single bed the other. It has built in wardrobe facility. The room enjoys lots of natural light due to its triple aspect windows. Should you require extra beds, the lounge has a full sized bed pull out facility with proper sprung bed beneath. This is a very comfortable bed in itself and easily takes two adults. Outside: The annexe is set in the large gardens of the house with its own pool, and Spanish styled BBQ area. There are other areas to sit and enjoy the garden both overlooking the pool under a pergola, or in the raised bed vegetable garden overlooking the fish pond under the vines growing on the pergola there. It is possible to dine in three different outdoor locations in the garden for breakfast, lunch and dinner. There is plenty of off road and secure parking. Utility Room: Washing, drying etc can be easily arranged in main house. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen provided Other: Conservatory 12'x8' attached to lounge. perfect for dining, sitting or painting. Opens out to west facing garden which enjoys views of fields beyond and the sun setting behind the oak tree.