Chalet Bungalow in Winterton-on-Sea, South Norfolk, England - Quiet Location At End Of Culdesac 5 Minutes To The Beach Walking Down Private Steps
Eastview is in the village of winterton-on-sea arguably the prettiest old fishing village on the Norfolk east coast.Just 5 minutes walk from the village centre it has been completely reconstructed and modernised within the last three years. A new German design central heating system was installed in October last year providing controlled heating to each room. At the end of a culdesac with a gate to the path to the village it is quiet and only has traffic from residents of bush road and delivery vehicles. The dunes, beach and sea are just below and from the rear garden you view them from a commanding position.
The garden has been completely redesigned to include mainly grass and boarders with roses and a few fruit trees to separate the grassed area from the patio. You are separated from your immediate neighbours by fences and hedges so that you are completely secluded without destroying your views. Your neighbours are quiet and private people not interfering in any way. You can sit on the patio enjoying your barbecue and the views without interference.
The Winterton parish church has the second highest tower in the county, it is said by 'one herring' from its rival Cromer. An access gate,next door to the old light house, as featured on TV, will take you to the village centre. The light house is now a private house but it can still be seen for miles. Its owners visit rarely so it does not feature lights shinning out to sea. The top appears to be a viewing gallery.
Walking down the steps from the garden you are immediately on the dunes some 200 yds from the beach. This is triple SI territory and they are full of wild life if you can spot it. Mostly rabbits,foxes, deer and many others types. There are rare birds amongst which are the marsh harrier and on the beach the little tern. Both protected and watched over by rangers.
Winterton is a dogs paradise, there are no restrictions on their freedom and they can run for miles. Discipline is only required in consideration of other visitors and to make sure that they don't attack the wild life. In the winter the seals come ashore to have their pups and each year the numbers increase, 500 plus pups this year. Certainly a sight to be seen. Dogs on leads please near the seals and pups. This period is from November until February.
Our local pub is well known throughout the County and provides good food and pleasant company.We have a post office, two shops for general goods and a fish and chip shop.
The front garden at Eastview is laid to grass with a parking area of concrete and gravel. It is surrounded by trees and a border bed given over to shrubs and roses.
Walks in and around the village are excellent and can be from 2 miles to 15, depending on your inclination and fitness. One has been recently chosen as the 7th. best in the country. You have easy access to the broads and fishing, golf, riding, all within a short distance. Fancy a day's racing then great Yarmouth has an excellent course? A day out in superb Norwich with its medieval streets and cathedral. The 'Time and Tide' museum in Great Yarmouth is internationally famous and has won many awards. A must in my view if the weather is inclement.
By providing a wood burning stove, for those who like it, you can be snug and warm on a winters evening by the fire. The insulation in the chalet is excellent so few if any draughts and the heat remains in the building. In the fall you can witness the superb flight of many water birds flying in formation to their feeding grounds. The logo on our literature features this.
We in the village are restoring our old life boat and starting to build a reconstruction of its old shed, this is behind the toilet block near the café. It will be open to the public. There is always lots to do in the village. Local events include parades, church fetes, open gardens, but you may prefer to remain at Eastview in the garden relaxing and watching the ships go.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Christine and I moved to Winterton near the Church four years ago. A move we have never regretted. I am a Retired Engineer, A County Councillor and Chris is a Parish Councillor. We therefore take an active part in local affairs. We have lived in Norfolk for 15 years. We particularly enjoy the friendly atmosphere in the Village, The beach, Dunes with the dogs and the rare wild live which includes Marsh Harriers, little Turns and seals with their Pups in the Winter.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We have a visitors book with many complimentary entries. Our previous agents gave us a 95 percent rating over the three years we have been letting Eastview. Most of our visitors are repeats
1 holidaymaker review
If you want an excellent holiday base you need look no further than Eastview, it is a truly stunning quiet location, 5 minutes walk at best for the local pub and resturant, 10 minutes or so to village centre and beach. Eastview is immaculately clean, everything in it you need, wonderful views, private steps down to the dunes, am definitely going back, oh and the garden is sublime, totally enclosed and private for little doggies, the view from the upstairs window with the supplied binoculars is worth staying there alone, watching the tankers go by... Wonderful
From the Owner
“Cliff top with superb views. Central heating, private steps to the dunes and beach. Now with infinite WIFI either wireless or direct. Five minutes from village Centre. Fully equipped with no extras. Dogs welcome”
Activity and Interests
Beach 5 minutes walk down private steps
miles of sandy beaches in both directions. See the seals. Beach about one hundred yards wide a high tide
Norwich airport 20 miles.
you need a car staying at Eastview
but some visitors use buses and taxis from the station. Nearest Great Yarmouth 7 miles
Norwich 20 Miles
great Yarmouth 7 Caister 4
broads At Horsey 2
Winterton Centre 400yds.
Yarmouth Racing 5
Please Ring For Advice About Restaurants. They Change Every Year.
Aldi,lidl,Tesco,Asda And many more. Great Yarmouth.
smaller Types Of Tesco, Aldi. Caister
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We Ask For About 25 Percent Deposit And The Full Remaining Amount 6 Weeks Before Arrival.
your Holiday Will Be Confirmed When We Receive The Deposit.
It is Essential That You Telephone To tie Up Details And Agree Charges And Dates Before You Book. Prices Quoted Are Only Approximate but you Will be Given a Price On The Day, depending On Numbers, dates And Time Of Year.
Usually a Friday in after 3.00pm leave before 10.00am on final day
this is not cast in stone. Please talk to us about your requirements.
Notes on prices:
special offer includes: central heating and electricity.
See the seals, pups and wildlife
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Superb views, WIFI infinite. Private steps to dunes and beach. Triple Si walks. Easy access tothe centre village with shops and well known Pub.”
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Ensuite bathroom in bedroom one with wc and hand basin. Downstairs bathroom with shower over and wc and hand basin
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one: with double bed and 2 zbeds. bedroom two: double bed. bedroom three twin beded room
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: Dogs are welcomed however please keep them off the beds. Children are always welcome but please supervise their safety particularly in the kitchen. the garden is fully enclosed in the back so will keep in any dogs but the gate to the steps does not lock, it is a latch so please make sure young children don't try to open it without supervision . useful information is contained in the file on the desk .Please read it. the garden shed contains a few extra chairs and equipment. Children like to imagine this as a castle! This is fine but please make sure they don't hurt themselves on any equipment therein. the upstairs radiator is wall mounted and will operate instantly when turned on. Heated towel rail switch by the bed. Outside: Outside you have an enclosed back garden mostly given over to grass with a patio and two tables with chairs and a brolley to one table. Trees and borders to the sides giving you privacy from your neighbours. Who incidentaly are quiet and will not disturb you .You have a barbeque provided and a bench seat. In the front garden you have a concrete drive with surrounding gravel which accepts three cars. The rest is grass, trees and shrube with roses. There is an automatic light which comes on (heat sensative) when you come in in the dark. This will help you find the key hole! the garage is not in use accept for storage and the electric metres. Utility Room: Washing machine,iron and ironing board,hand dryer, vacuum cleaner and brushes. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen and towels provided and changed every week. Chalet cleaned every week. Garden tidied every week and grass cut borders weeded and edges trimed as necessary Other: Hall with cupboard and electric radiator controlled temperature in hall built in cupboard holds water heater and brushes