Farmhouse in Buxted, Nr. Uckfield, Sussex, England - Peaceful Location, Close To The South Downs National Park
This 5 bedroom, 2 bathroom spacious Sussex Farmhouse is located towards the end of a quiet country lane. The lane, part of the Vanguard way footpath, has far reaching views over towards Ashdown Forest. The Hurstwood is a very special pub close by with wonderful dining and cosy fires. Buxted itself has beautiful walks in Buxted Park and on the many footpaths. The South Downs National Park is 12 miles south at Lewes. Glyndebourne opera house is 10 miles away with year round performances.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Andre Zlattinger
We are Family of five with three active young boys and have lived in Sussex for many years. The boys love the space at home, they bike up and down the lane, we have a large field behind the house, where the boys have an original Tipi for camping. Plenty of trees to climb,a swing, climbing frame, sand pit to also keep them occupied. There are also a number of fishing ponds close by.
Andre Zlattinger purchased this farmhouse in 2012
Why Andre Zlattinger chose Wealden
What makes this farmhouse unique
peaceful and secluded location at the end of a no through lane. Fantastic clear skies with amazing stars. No noise from traffic and very friendly neighbours.
(1 traveller reviews)
My family and I had a fabulous time at this beautiful property. Set down a no through lane, the house was fantastic for letting children have a little bit of independence going up and down the lane on their bikes and taking our dog (who was also welcome )for a walk. The kitchen is the hub of the house with a welcoming aga and underfloor heating. The beds were comfortable and cosy with the addition of a plentiful supply of hot water bottles. We had a fabulous christmas and stayed for two weeks! We have stayed in numerous properties in Sussex but would commend this for its authenticity and great location equidistant to Lewes, Tunbridge Wells and the added bonus of Wilderness Wood just down the road.
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
Gatwick Airport is 45 minutes away. A car is essential here. The train from Buxted to London Bridge is 1 hr 10 mins.
Tunbridge Wells is 15 miles north. Brighton on the south coast is 20 miles south and Uckfield or Heathfield for everyday shopping are 3 and 7 miles respectively.
There are local banks, cafés and restaurants at both local towns. Cinema in Uckfield. Theatres in Brighton, Eastbourne and Tunbridge Wells.
There are four chickens that provide fresh eggs daily but need looking after if you wish, otherwise they can be moved.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£750|
50% deposit at booking and full payment before arrival. Damages deposit before arrival. Rental price does not include cost of heating.
Notes on prices:
Looking to Let the house over the summer holidays 30th July until September 3rd. House will also be available over the Christmas holidays from 16th December until 2nd January.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“peaceful and secluded location at the end of a no through lane. Fantastic clear skies with amazing stars. No noise from traffic and very friendly neighbours.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 has a shower, double ended roll top cast iron bath, basin and WC, Bathroom 2 has a bath and walk in shower. There is a further separate WC upstairs and another WC downstairs.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 bedroom with double bed, bedroom 2 with twin beds, and 3 single bedrooms. If requested a single bedroom could be made into a double.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 8
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Outside: There is a lovely big, 4 ft, fire bowl in the garden, lovely for chestnuts and marshmallows ! This is a 6 acre site. Plenty of space for children. Utility Room: There is a back hall for boots and coats, dogs ! There is a small room off here with a washing machine and tumble drier. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are include if desired, cleaning can be made available weekly if required. Other: The playroom with glass doors separating it from the sitting room has a large floor space for games and a TV/DVD player.