Sunny and quiet location - next to the Bünda valley ski lift, the cross country slopes and walking paths. Train, bus and Parsenn in walking distance.
The apartment is well appointed and would suit families and small groups equally. The apartment would suit beginners with a really good two stage nursery slope outside the front door. So effectively we are ski in/ski out for children and beginners.
Children can be watched on the nursery slope from the apartment or from the nearby Bunda hotel restaurant.
The ski school meeting point is just across the road.
There are 10 apartments in our half of the block.
The bus and railway station is 200metres away and the local bus fare cost is included in the tourist tax.
The buses take you to just about everywhere in the town including Rinerhorn, Jacobshorn and Pischa Mountains, ice skating and ice hockey stadium (Davos has a seriously good team), swimming pool, museums, casino, cinema, shopping, horse riding, sledging etc.
Nice quiet location yet convenient for all that Davos can offer. Horse drawn sleigh rides outside the apartment.
A car is not required from our apartment as most things can be reached on foot or by free bus.
Many English DVDs, some English books and games.
Barbara Schneider, our agent in Davos, knows the apartment very well, has an office nearby and will deal with any problems.
Please see pictures to get a better idea of the interior and setting.
Top Traveller Review
Great base for a skiing holiday
About the Owner
I am a Swiss national physiotherapist married to a Brit and living in England.
I learnt and our children learnt to ski in Davos (on the Bunda!) and the apartment has served us well since 1994.
We come to the apartment as a family every Christmas and New Year and again in the summer for walking and (hand) cycling.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"My son was just beside himself when we found CBBC's on the TV."
"A perfect stay, so quiet and relaxing".
"Lovely rooms - so nice to have some space".
"We left our skis and boots in a (heated) ski locker up at Parsenn - that was easy".
1 holidaymaker review
Great base for a skiing holiday
Stayed here with friends. Really well positioned to take full advantage of the whole area. Very comfortable accommodation - and well appointed. Looking forward to returning.
From the Owner
“We bought this apartment mainly because my parents lived here and my brother has a house here - plus it has all the downhill skiing, cross country skiing and hiking we all enjoy. Our two children learnt to ski here (outside the front door) and they still come back here though they roam the main mountains now "looking for powder". In summer the property is surrounded by meadows and mountains. A car is not necessary when staying in our apartment as it is possible to get to most things on foot or by the free bus. In the winter there is so much the non-skier can do. This was a town before skiing (popularised by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle who was here with his wife for TB treatment) and plenty to offer beyond skiing.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Lots and lots of hiking trails, many linked across the Alps using mountain huts. You can walk a different trail everyday. Excellent signposting, many timed as well. Lots of maps in the apartment.
Mountain biking has really taken off in recent years, so much so that there are almost as many signposts for bikers as walkers.
There also many old mountain restaurants open only in the summer (May to October) along these trails. These are old coaching inns really and have the same origins of some of our old pubs.
There is also the option of windsurfing and sailing on the Davos lake about five minutes walk away.
Opening 1st June is the Farich Adventure Park for children and adults with tree walks, belaying and cycle tracks. Check the Davos Klosters website http://www.davos.ch/en/experience/summer/adventure-park-faerich.html.
Zurich is approximately a two hour drive or a two hour train journey changing to the narrow gauge mountain (Rhaetian) railway at Landquart (fabulous trip).
Basel is about a 3 hour drive.
There are late night shops about 5 minutes walk away, a couple of Pizza delivery restaurants, and of course the Bunda restaurant is just outside the door (can just have a drink also).
FREE SERVICES WITH THE DAVOS KLOSTERS GUEST CARD (Tourist tax pays for this card)
• Free travel with all open cable cars in Davos and Klosters (from 1.5.2014): Schatzalp (incl. evening operation), Rinerhorn, Madrisa, Jakobshorn, Parsenn Davos Klosters.
• Rhaetian rail: Free travel (2nd cl.) between Klosters Dorf, Davos and Filisur.
• Public transport operated by Davos district (VBD): Free travel on the VBD local network. The following routes are excluded: Line 8 (Clavadel - Sertig), line 10 (Glaris - Monstein), lines 12/13 (Dischmatal from the "Büelen" stop), line 90.183 (post bus Davos Platz- Wiesen) and line 90.331(post bus Davos Platz - Flüelapass - Zernez)
• Local bus Klosters-Serneus: Free travel on the entire network. (Line 6: Between Mezzaselva and Küblis the standard RhB tariffs apply)
• Free entry: Alpinum Schatzalp / open-air artificial ice rink Davos / Madrisa-Land Klosters
• Davos Klosters Active: Various leisure activities according to sep. programme
• Ball games, football and athletics: Free use of the facilities in the Klosters and Davos sports centres
• Internet access: 15 minutes of free internet access in the tourist information offices in Davos and Klosters
DISCOUNTS WITH THE DAVOS KLOSTERS CARD
• Adventure Park Färich Davos: Discount on the entry prices
• Outdoor tennis facilities: Half price at the Klosters sports centre and in the Davos tennis hall.
• Klosters swimming pool: Half price.
• Davos art association (KGD) and Klosters cultural society (KGK): Discounts on theatre, concert and film productions organised by the KGD and KGK (exception: Davos cinema arcade).
• Färbi sports hall Davos: CHF 2.00 discount for indoor tennis, squash and badminton. Outdoor courts half price.
Some other discounts see Guest Card.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Linen and towels pp||£15|
|Stay tax||£4 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 12 years.|
Please contact Barbara, our agent in Davos, by email or phone.
Saturday is changeover day.
Apartment may be available for short stays i.e. less than 7 nights.
Check in for 4pm. Check out by 10am.
Notes on prices:
We are currently working on 1.35 CHF to £1.00 as at 29th March 2015 and we tend to use Marks and Spencer's travel money rates.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The apartment is quite spacious even when we are all here. There is plenty of kitchen equipment, crockery, glasses etc to entertain. The Bunda trainer lift is a real bonus. It suits beginners and children alike and has two stages to facilitate progress. Even non-beginners will use it because it is steep enough at the top to practice something - especially in bad weather because the runs are surrounded by trees which improves the visibility so much. There are also two "in the trees" tracks for the adventurous to take on. In the summer there is also sailing and windsurfing (and classes) on the Davos lake which is about 5 minutes walk away. My brothers children all learned to windsurf in Davos. There are lovely narrow gauge mountain train journeys to had also. Over 150 years old it is full of history and there are many trips to be had.”
- Lift ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- city centre
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- golf pass optional
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- ski pass optional
- 115 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Hairdryer
- Shower room 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Hairdryer
- Shower room with basin and wc. En suite bathroom to Bedroom 1.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 twin bedded bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 : Twin beds, side tables with lights, en-suite bathroom (shower in the bath), small balcony. Bedroom 2 : Twin beds, side tables with lights, wardrobe, long mirror. Bedroom 3 : Twin beds, side tables and lights, large wardrobe and desk.
- Balcony ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Sorry no smoking inside the apartment. Plus, pets not currently permitted - sorry. Outside: Apartment has two balconies. Balcony from living area provides access via gate to a grassed area weather permitting! Apartment block is linked with the Bunda Hotel and Restaurant next door so there is an underground passage including a wheelchair platform lift. It is very convenient and good for dining or just a hot chocolate watching the children at ski school. In summer the restaurant has a small childrens playground. Davos lake is five minutes walk away which has windsurfing and sailing schools in summer. You do not need a car from our apartment to most things everything is reachable on foot or by free regular bus. (Wheelchair accessible too.) Utility Room: Main utility room in the basement (reached by stairs or lift) for washing and drying - excellent large room, rarely busy. Apartment has an iron and an ironing board. (Lucky you) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Extras - sorry not easy to include fairly - Cleaning, CHF 140.00 /£96 - Linen and towels, CHF 20.00/ £14 per person - Daily guest tax, adults and children over 12, CHF 5.90 (Winter) and CHF 4.60 (Summer) [Tax pays for buses need Guest card] Other: Includes parking for 1 car in heated basement car park plus parking outside. The linked (underground walkway) Bunda Hotel/Restaurant (http://www.buendadavos.ch/en/ ) has a sauna and small gym. There is a lockable ski room, a ski locker and worktop.