House in St Ives, Cornwall, England - Convenient Yet Peaceful Location, in the centre of St Ives town. No steep hills to climb!!
No4 Skidden Gardens is a charming Georgian town house built of Cornish granite with lots of character and outside space (a rarity in St Ives!) Recently refurbished it offers light and airy accommodation on three floors. Extremely convenient for the beach and exploring the town and harbour there are 4 spacious double bedrooms, ( one with a large balcony overlooking harbour with fabulous sea views) a large family bathroom, large open plan lounge / dining room, fitted kitchen. WC. Private courtyard from kitchen to rear with outside hot/ cold shower. Lovely south facing garden to the front. WIFI. There are steps down to the front door but rear access to courtyard is on the level making it suitable for the less able. Please read more info in our owners profile.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Happily married with four wonderful children
Live in Shropshire but my heart is in St Ives Cornwall
Spent most summers of my life in St Ives and would rather be there than anywhere
Love ; My Family, St Ives, Paris, property, nature, antique dolls, art and life
And always try to live life to the full
4.8 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
We have had a wonderful holiday in this very clean and lovely decorated house, there are 4 really comfortable double beds and very good size bedrooms, there is plenty of room for all the family to stay, 8 of us had no problems with only one bathroom as the shower was so easy to use and having a second toilet was a great help , the outside shower was a big bonus when the family came off the beach in their wetsuits , Claire is such a helpful person nothing is to much trouble and she is always available to get hold of by phone, we would recommend this house , and hopefully if the family want to come to St Ives again we would definitely stay here again, Thanks Claire for letting me stay in your house for the week we requested much appreciated Ken and Julie (Gloucestershire)
Very central, clean & full of charm
Firstly, contact with the owner was good. We had several occasions when we needed help and a response was immediate. Also, the accomadation had been vacated early the previous week so we received a message from Claire to say we could take the accomadation as soon as we arrived, this was very thoughtful since we had travelled down from Yorkshire overnight.
On arrival the accomadation was clean and well presented. The property is very traditional and full of charm. Parking for offloading isn't easy but this is to be expected for StIves, the town was never designed to cope with the traffic that comes to visit. Having said that the trade off is a very central location, so hopefully you park up & forget the car for the week. We parked up at the leisure centre car park for the week which cost approx £45 for the week.
The cottage is well equipped & beds are comfortable. My only comment is the bedrooms require thicker curtains, the quality of light in StIves is truely stunning but I didn't appreciate been woken up by it quite so early in the morning.
We had a wonderful holiday, StIves is beautiful and the cottage is just the icing on the cake
Thank you Claire
fantastic in every way
Brilliant location, well laid out accommodation, clean and fresh. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and can not recommend it highly enough. Thank you
Gorgeous house in great location
We (3 adults and 3 teenagers) very much enjoyed our stay at 4 Skidden gardens. The property was beautiful - immaculate when we arrived with lots of lovely touches and art work. We particularly liked the outside spaces, the layout of rooms worked very well for us and the whole house and particularly the beds were very comfortable. The location was wonderful everything within an easy walk, quiet and
stunning views. We felt very well looked after and would definitely stay again. Leslie Holmes
Greatly situated, well equipped,comfortable and convenient for everything.We had a wonderful time staying at this property,we know St Ives very well and have stayed at a great number of different locations over the years .We will definitely use the property again.
Superb holiday letting in wonderful St Ives
We have recently returned from a wonderful week away, staying in the very lovely 4 Skidden Gardens. 2 x families, 4 adults and 4 children.the property was the perfect size for our party of 8, with the added bonus of us adults being able to enjoy the two beautifully decorated bedrooms on the top floor, and the balcony with sea views.
Our booking was made easy and enjoyable ( Thank you Claire!) and when we arrived, the property was spotlessly clean and welcoming, light and airy and in a great location.
Unloading the cars needs to be swift, so as not to disrupt traffic flow, but as long as you plan for plenty of hands to grab bags and get the cars moved as quickly as possible, it's manageable.
The Outdoor shower was handy when returning from the beach with sandy children!
We adore St Ives, and go every year if we can, and this is a real gem of a house to stay in, great location, and we 're glad we've found it.
Hoping to return again. Many thanks :) x
From the Owner
“I have spent most summers of my life in St Ives and since a child always dreamt of buying a house there. This dream came true in 2011 and I'm never happier than when I'm there. 4 Skidden Gardens is our precious family holiday home. A light and spacious Georgian town house built of Cornish granite located right in the centre of St Ives and only 100 metres from the sea! We have so many happy memories of our holidays in this wonderful old house in its great location and one day hope to live in it permanently, but until then we would like to share it with you . St Ives is magical . The light and atmosphere is so special ..like nowhere else , with it's five beautiful white sandy beaches and the sea a stunning azure blue and so clear .. It is truly unique !”
Activity and Interests
Only 100 metres from the sea and Westcotts Quay beach and a three minute walk to the famous Porthminster beach
All five wonderful Beaches in St Ives are only a stroll away!
Both Train and bus stations are less than 5 minutes away
Right in the centre of St Ives town
Everything is on your doorstep
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Oct 2016 - 28 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 2 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Booking by email to ourselves
25% deposit on booking, balance to be paid two months before holiday date
By bank transfer or cheque
Preferred changeover day ; Saturday
But can be flexible . Please enquire
Departure by 11am
Arrival not before 3pm
Notes on prices:
A fully refundable damage deposit of £100 is required
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We love the fact that the house is so convenient for everything...in the very heart of St Ives yet located in a quiet row just 100metres from the sea!! It benefits from having its own lovely south facing garden to the front ( a rarity in St Ives so near to the sea) and an attractive courtyard to the rear with an outside hot/cold shower for use when returning from a good day at the beach. It also has a fabulous balcony with wonderful harbour and sea views. Westcotts Quay is just 100 metres from our doorstep and the famous Porthminster beach is just around the corner and on the very special days, when the tide reveals even more of St Ives' beautiful white sands, You can walk from here to Smeatons Pier over the harbour beach and to Porthminster without leaving the beach (please see photos)”
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- family bathroom - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- outdoor hot/cold shower - Outdoor Shower
- Large,light,family bathroom , white suite. Bath with shower over , WC, bidet, basin, radiator, large window , glass shelving, two mirrors Separate cloakroom with WC, basin, mirror, window
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: All four lovely bedrooms are spacious and light. they all have ornate double cast iron beds , wardrobes and chest of drawers, radiators and large windows. No 4 has a wonderful balcony overlooking the harbour and bay with wonderful views
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Love the fact that the house is so convenient for everything. . . In the very heart of St Ives yet located in a quiet row just 100metres from the sea! it benefits from having its own lovely south facing garden to the front ( a rarity in St Ives so near to the sea) and an attractive courtyard to the rear with an outside hot/cold shower for use when returning from a good day at the beach. It also has a fabulous balcony with wonderful harbour and sea views. Westcotts quay is just 100 metres from our doorstep and the famous Porthminster beach is just around the corner and on the very special days, when the tide reveals even more of St Ives' beautiful white sands, you can walk from here to Smeatons pier over the harbour beach and to Porthminster without leaving the beach (please see photos taken on such a day ! ) the bus station is just a minutes walk away and the the train station just 3-4 minutes walk.take in the spectacular views on the famous coast path from Porthminster beach Outside: Lovely landscaped south facing garden to the front planted with cornish palms and architectural plants patio area under pergola by front door with table and chairs rear private courtyard with pots architectural plants and glass artwork on walls outside hot/ cold shower out side tap/ belfast sink . Table and chairs retractable clothes line / pegs Rear access porthole door and Covered area for hanging wet costumes to dry Lovely balcony with wonderful sea views with table and tie chairs, palm Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: White towels and 100% cotton linen are supplied and cleaned after each departure Property is cleaned throughout after each departure Other: Painted white throughout with original Jo Downs artwork and numerous mirrors NB..4 Skidden gardens is a period character cottage with Cornish granite walls which characteristically have natural staining due to the granite absorbing salts from the sea air