SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS: Shepherds Cottage in Kishorn, Lochcarron. Luxury accommodation in remote area of stunning natural beauty.
From the floors to the roof, the electrics to the plumbing, everything is brand new and the Owner spared no expenses on the highest quality and attention to detail.
Brand new fabrics and furnishings and the very latest media and entertainment options - the cottage is of the highest specification and the perfect combination of ultra-modern with traditional classic.
For those wanting to get away from it all in a unique and remote setting, Shepherds Cottage is one of a kind. Surrounding you are hills and Lochs and the deer graze right down by the house while the river bubbles past. You can fish from the banks of the Loch for native brown trout and you can walk for miles and see nobody. The only neighbour within several km’s is Glasnock House (same owner / also holiday rental).
Top Traveller Review
Luxury escapism in a true wilderness
About the Owner
With the help of architects and interior designers I wanted to turn Shepherds Cottage into a luxury retreat, a sanctuary for people like me who love to get away from it all but who want to do so in a luxurious environment with all the benefits of modern technology.
Shepherds Cottage is the ideal getaway for guests looking for peace and tranquillity in a brand new modern home.
Rebecca purchased this cottage in 2014
Why Rebecca chose Scottish Highlands & Islands
I completed the build of GLASNOCK HOUSE (the only neighbour) in 2011 and when Shephards Cottage went on the market I couldn't resist another project.
I love spending time here, far away from my hectic lifestyle and I think this house would appeal to anyone wanting the same from their holiday.
There is so much to do in the local area - gorgeous deserted beaches, excellent hiking trails, or fishing and stalking.
Otherwise, make the most of the masseuse who lives nearby, or Alison the Chef who will come and cook at home (or deliver delicious home-cooked goodies). You don't even have to leave the serentiy of the cottage if you don't feel inclined!
What makes this cottage unique
(9 traveller reviews)
Luxury escapism in a true wilderness
Shepherd's Cottage was an absolutely wonderful home from home. It is obvious from the moment you walk through the door that the owner is very passionate about the place and has put a lot of love and effort into making it the perfect holiday cottage. It is so secluded and yet so luxurious. You have everything you could possibly need there and it is often difficult to drag yourself outdoors. When the weather was not behaving, I spent many hours curled up by the wood burning stove enjoying a good read. However, the setting is just stunning, with the surrounding area so beautiful and walks abundant from just a few minutes drive away. The owner could not have been more helpful and her enthusiasm for the cottage and the area itself is infectious. If you are looking for a true get away in a wonderfully secluded and peaceful location, then this is the cottage for you.
Perfect peaceful getaway
The magnificent hills make a fantastic location for a peaceful getaway from the hustle and bustle of everyday life. The house has everything you could wish for and more. You could sit in front of the fire or choose to go out and explore the amazing views that the nearby walks offer. We couldn't recommend this cottage any more to groups of friends or families.
Wonderful cottage in stunning location
Shepherd's Cottage has the perfect combination of remoteness and beautiful scenery with all the comforts of home - and good wifi! Everything was immaculately clean and well-maintained. There's so much to do in the local area and walking right from the door. We wouldn't hesitate to recommend the cottage.
A SLICE OF PARADISE
Shepherds Cottage is the most beautiful home, and a true home it is. With gorgeous brand new modern interior, everything from the sheets to the towels is perfect and the cottage so lovingly and thoughtfully renovated - nothing is missing, it is utterly luxurious.
The surrounding countryside is spectacular and we truly had the most fabulous family holiday exploring the area. We'll certainly be back and would book Shepherds Cottage again in an instant!
Exceeded all our expectations
Myself and my husband got excited the moment we saw the stunning secluded location of Shepherd's Cottage and as soon as we walked through the door we knew we were going to love it.
We were not disappointed. The views from the cottage in every direction are wonderful and the cottage has every amenity that you could think of.
The interior is beautifully designed and maintained plus it is exceedingly comfortable.
However there is more to it than that, the cottage is a very special place and has been created with a lot of vision, determination and love.
We live in Scotland and we enjoy walking but we were not prepared for the dramatic scenery of the local area. As keen travellers it made us realise that you don't need to travel great distances to be amongst breathtaking scenery. We couldn't have wished for a better start to New Year.
A wonderful holiday cottage
This is a fabulous cottage. To use a cliche word, it is 'bespoke'. Everything has been thought of and as such it is lovely place to chill out. We explored the local area but also explored further afield. The countryside here is stunning - mountains, lochs, sea, gardens, little villages, castles.... In the evening, we curled up in front of the log-burning stove, which sounds bad for June but was actually totally perfect! Now we want to move to Scotland!!
From the Owner
“I completed the build of GLASNOCK HOUSE (the only neighbour) in 2011 and when Shephards Cottage went on the market I couldn't resist another project. I love spending time here, far away from my hectic lifestyle and I think this house would appeal to anyone wanting the same from their holiday. There is so much to do in the local area - gorgeous deserted beaches, excellent hiking trails, or fishing and stalking. Otherwise, make the most of the masseuse who lives nearby, or Alison the Chef who will come and cook at home (or deliver delicious home-cooked goodies). You don't even have to leave the serentiy of the cottage if you don't feel inclined!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Without doubt this part of the Highlands is one of the most beautiful and remote wilderness areas on the west coast of Scotland. The area is famed for excellent hill and coastal walks and there is a wealth of field sport activity nearby with stalking and shooting and both loch and sea fishing in abundance.
Many activities in the nearby area, including:
Sailing, Canoeing, Kayaking, Fishing (salmon and trout), Horse Riding, Deer stalking, Mountain biking, Walking / Hiking, Climbing, Golf course.
Art courses available at BRYNAPORT close-by.
Shepherds Cottage is situated in a beautiful and peaceful location on the Lochcarron Estate, Ross-shire, Scotland.
It is less than a 2 hour drive away from Inverness Airport, with the Applecross Peninsula 45 minutes away, and 5 km away from the nearest neighbour.
The 1 km private track leading to Shepherds Cottage must be driven with care - a 4x4 vehicle is preferable but not essential (depending the time of year!)
The village of Kishorn is approx. 4 miles away and has a small shop and seafood restaurant with a further selection of services available in Lochcarron which is 9 miles away.
The village of Applecross is 12 miles away and has two restaurants well worth a visit, The Walled Garden and The Applecross Inn.
Further North there is the beautifully located village of Sheildaig with its ancient pines and sea loch and beyond that the beautiful range of the ancient sandstone mountains of Torridon
NOTE: The cottage renovation was completed in October 2014. The entire contents, including all furnishings, is brand new.
The Owner's other property is GLASNOCK HOUSE (www.glasnock.com), the 2 properties can be rented in in conjunction at special request.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2017 - 30 Nov 2017
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£300|
£300 Security Deposit Requested (Refunded on departure)
Owner prefers Saturday to Saturday bookings, 1 week minimum stay.
Notes on prices 2017:
LOW SEASON (January & November, excluding New Year period): £1,000 per week
HIGH SEASON (all other times): £1,190 per week
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large bathroom downstairs with full-sized bathtub, with shower above & WC. Upstairs to 2nd bathroom with shower & WC. Both bathrooms have heated towel rails and are equipped with luxury towels & products.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom (King bed) is downstairs with adjoining bathroom (full-sized tub & WC). Upstairs to 2 more bedrooms: 1 Double (Queen bed), 1 Twin (2 single beds), these rooms share a bathroom (shower only & WC).
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The store room outside will have various extra toys and equipment and tools and DIY kit. Woodpile for guests use. In the summer months a BBQ will be provided for guest use. Outside furniture. Outside: Set on the vast Lochcarron Estate, the cottage is down a 1km track and the private plot is enclosed with full deer fencing allowing the garden to be completely dog / child proof! You can walk for miles all day and not see another soul! The cottage boasts magnificent views over the mountains of Applecross to one side and the Torridon mountains to the other, also overlooking Loch Loin. Outside furniture (& BBQ) provided. Parking for up to 6 cars. View of the mountains and the burn running in front of the house. Also partial views of the Loch from bedrooms. Utility Room: The Porch/Utility Room doubles up as a perfect dog room and is designed for leaving your wet wellies and jackets to dry (tumble dryer in here) Plenty of pegs and places for drying out boots and coats etc, large cupboard as well as a fitted bench. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: High quality bed linen & towels provided (+ luxury bathroom products) Chef is available if you would like some meals in the freezer or alternatively will come in to cook for you. Prices available on request. A local masseur is also available. Other: In addition there is a beautiful summer house / outdoor pavilion with fitted cushion seating, rocking chair, camp beds and board games. The ideal place for the kids and adults to have some extra time out from each other!