Cottage in Mewith, High Bentham, Yorkshire Dales, Yorkshire, England - Peaceful And Private, Dog Friendly, Cosy But Pefectly Formed With 3 Peaks Just On The Doorstep
This converted detached holiday cottage stands in a quiet rural location on the edge of the National Park. It is an idyllic setting, enjoying peace and quiet with only the sound of the nearby stream. It really makes a wonderful home from which to walk direct from the front door in the surrounding countryside. The Dales and the Lakes are both readily accessible, the market town of High Bentham is only 1.5 miles whilst Kirkby Lonsdale with its lovely selection of individual shops (ranging from antiques to designer clothes and jewellery) is 8 miles. Ingleton and its caves are 5 miles. Alternatively dine alfresco and take in the view and the tranquillity. Also within easy reach of the Three Peaks. Shop and pub 1.5 miles.
Please see ebay for last minute deals or special rates. We provide bed linenand towels and two easy start logs. Clients are asked to bring their own logs etc if they wish to use the log burner.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
Beautiful cosy cottage. Wonderful location. Will definitely return. Mr & Mrs Johnston & Prince
A wonderful weekend. Cottage is amazing a perfect base to explore. Jasper our dog loved the beach in Silverdale, what more could we ask for! Lottie, Andy & Jasper
A lovely week. Loved log burner and wet room. First holiday without children in 25 years. Tranquil and peaceful. Will definitely return. Jane & Tim
4.5 based on 6 holidaymaker reviews
Lovely little property
Overall great property, suitable for a couple with a lovely fire. But the bathroom is small and awkward
Great little holiday cottage
Overall the cottage was lovely, clean and cosy with a great kitchen. It has a wonderfully peaceful garden which was great for relaxing in the morning with a coffee or taking in the sunshine at lunch. The location is great but was a little difficult to find with just the postcode and a satnav as it takes you to the wrong place and the sign for the cottage is no good when it's dark. I recommend using google maps (link on the property details) as this is much better! Great location for all sorts of walks, as well as visiting nearby villages.
When we arrived, albeit later than expected and in the dark, we tried to get the key from the key safe but the owners had only given us 3 of the 4 digits required to open the safe and when we tried to call we couldn't get through (could have been bad reception). We were a little frustrated by this but managed to figure it out in the end. The final negative point, which I feel that I have to mention, is the bathroom. The bathroom has a great shower, but it is very small and even just using the toilet would be difficult for a lot of people which is why I think it would be better to put a photo of the bathroom on the website. I hope this review doesn't sound too negative because I think it was a great little cottage for a nice, relaxing weekend away for two. I would recommend this place and would return.
Lovely little cottage with everything you need for a short break
My partner and I stayed at this lovely cottage mid week at the end of August and we really enjoyed it. The cottage sits alone surrounded by a lovely little tranquil garden, where there is room to sit outside. The property is in a really quiet location with only the occasional passing car. Inside the cottage has everything you need and was wonderfully clean. It is ideally placed with many walks, villages and local attractions nearby. We would definitely recommend a stay here!
Adorable, perfect for a short break away with the dogs.
This cottage was adorable, everything was clean and fresh with a new tastefully done finish. Everything we needed for our short break with the dogs.
We loved it.👍
Great little break away
Lovely cottage, very homely and tranquil in every way. Was in the middle of no where which was perfect, you could just hear the river running at the back which was so relaxing. The only downside was the size of the tiny bathroom which was tiny but does what you need and that's all that matters! Loved our break away in every way!
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Walkers you are in the right on the edge of the 3 peaks. Lots of beautiful walks from the easy right trough to the challenging.
Silverdale and Arnside are only a 40 minute drive. Perfect for walking, eating out or good old fashioned Fish and Chips by the coast!
We are only 20 minutes from the M6. The nearest city is Lancaster, Kendal is the next largest town. Harrogate, Skipton are also close by for a day out.
High Bentham is only 1.5 miles whilst Kirkby Lonsdale with its lovely selection of individual shops (ranging from antiques to designer clothes and jewellery) is 8 miles. Ingleton and its caves are 5 miles.
High Bentham has a selection of small shops. Settle and Kirkby Lonsdale have a wider selection and Booths supermarket. Lancaster and Kendal are the nearest towns with large stores and supermarkets.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
23 Dec 2016 - 27 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
Book by calling us via telephone or email us.
Once we have confirmed booking a £50 deposit is required (non refundable). £20 supplement per dog.
24 hrs before your arrival we will contact customer with key code for the cottage
Flexible change over days however usually Mon and Fri.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Small yet perfectly formed compact wet room with space saving WC, space saving corner sink, shower and towel rail. Fully tiled with electric shower. Hand soap provided. Please read carefully: The cottage is equipped with a wet room. As we are in an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty therefore due to planning regulation WE CAN NOT EXTEND THE BATHROOM! Tall, larger clients or those with mobility issues please be aware of the limited space between the toilet pan and the wall in front. The wet room is perfectly proportioned in relation to the rest of the cottage and meets all your needs.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Spend long lazy mornings in the snug double bed whilst grazing on breakfast - it'll be lunchtime in no time! With no light pollution and only the stars in the skylight and the occasional hoot from an owl, you'll sleep like a log.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Ground floor: Living room with double bed/dining room/kitchen with beams and tiled floor. Small wet room with space saving suite and shower. Woodburner in living room (initial fuel included). Electric heaters, electricity, bed linen and towels included. Freeview TV. DVD. Electric cooker. Microwave. Enclosed lawned garden with patio and furniture. Parking (1 car). No smoking. Outside: Garden to all sides of cottage, mature hedges and trees, attractive planting and patio area to the rear. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Fluffy towels and cosy bed linen included along with plenty logs for fire! Other: Walk out to the private terrace where you're surrounded by open countryside and abundant wildlife. You'll also be most welcome to enjoy the enclosed garden. Relax until the sun goes down and be transported into the magical world of stargazing.