Apartment on Alto Golf & Country Club, Alvor, Western Algarve - Peaceful location near the driving range with communal pool, 5 minute walk to the beach
A well-maintained and comfortable ground floor apartment (2 bedroom, 2 bathroom) set in beautiful gardens and close to the ‘Henry Cotton’ designed Alto Golf course. This quiet location provides peace and tranquility whilst still allowing you easy access to the beautiful nearby beaches, and many excellent restaurants in nearby Alvor and Portimao. The apartment overlooks the communal swimming pool, and the apartment benefits from WiFi and a private terrace for relaxation, sunbathing and dining.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
2 holidaymaker reviews
We stayed for 16 nights in this fantastic apartment.The facilities in the apartment are excellent and the apartment itself is comfortable, spacious and very clean.We enjoyed use of the pool with our 3 girls which is on your doorstep and perfect for kids and adults .the apartment is set on beautifull grounds in a lovely quiet area and yet there is a beach only 5 min walk away and alvor a short drive.We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this property.
Amazing Location, Peaceful and Sparkling Clean!
My partner and I stayed in this apartment for a long weekend and we had such a wonderful time. The apartment is spacious and nicely decorated, with a private patio and a completely equipped kitchen - it was such a nice touch to have really high quality kitchen utensils and a new dishwasher.
We were thrilled to find that the beach was only a 5 minute walk away. We talked to Richard, the owner, and he told us how to get to a quiet natural beach. We went there and there were no tourists, just Portuguese enjoying their weekend.
The shared pool was big and really nice. We also managed to get a game of tennis in and had a go on the driving range.
Portimao and Alvor are a short drive away where we enjoyed barbecued sardines and a bit of shopping.
Richard was a pleasure to deal with and answered all our questions, I would fully recommend this apartment to everyone, whether you're a couple, friends or with children.
Y para los españoles, muy recomendable y buen de precio. La playa es una playa natural, sin edificios y turistas. Precioso!
Activity and Interests
The beautiful Vau beach is a 10 minute walk from the apartment.
Alvor is a 40/45 minutes drive from Faro airport. Car hire is available from the airport; alternatively car hire can be arranged at discount prices from Alto Club reception. A regular bus service is also available from the airport. Cheap flights may be obtained on the Internet from Easyjet and Air Lingus, Flybe and other airlines.
The busy fishing port of Alvor is a five minute drive from the apartment, with modern shops and top class restaurants offering international cuisine at affordable prices. The colourful and busy daily market, situated in the centre of town offers freshly caught fish daily, together with meat, poultry, fruit and vegetables. You need to be there early! Relax at the waterfront cafes and enjoy the view of the harbour where you can book boat and fishing trips or visit the town sports centre.
The resort, with landscaped subtropical gardens, pools and waterfalls, overlooks the bay of Lagos. The resort is located in West-Central Algarve within easy access of Portimao and night life in Praia da Rocha.
Alvor has much to offer, tours and boat trips can be organized as well as many activities to include surfing, kite surfing, cycling, sailing, horse riding... and many more. The wonderful boardwalk around the estuary and running parallel to the beach is a a great way to see Alvor at its best.
The mountains of Monchique are worth a visit to either walk amongst the cork trees or simply stopping for Chicken Piri Piri at one of the many restaurants with spectacular views.
- Booking Notes:
A deposit of 30% is payable at time of booking
Balance must be paid one month before travel.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- The en-suite bathroom room has a full sized bath with over head shower, toilet and bidet. The shower room has a shower, toilet, bidet.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) + a sofa bed (if required) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: double bed, large dressing table, sliding glass doors (with fly screen) to patio. Bedroom 2: Twin Beds, bedside tables, window with fly screen. Both bedrooms include chest of drawers, wardrobes, tiled flooring and rugs, and ample power points
- Golf ...
- Outside: There are large, beautifully maintained gardens, which are over 300m in length. A large swimming pool with a shallow children’s section, for the exclusive use of owners and guests, is located at the end of the gardens, with a deck area complete with sun loungers and parasols, toilets, showers, and large barbecue. The Apartment has its own patio furniture consisting of table chairs, lounger chairs. The Golf Clubhouse which is 5 minutes walk from the Apartment and has the following facilities. 1. Restaurant. 2. Bar. 3. Terrace. 4. Change Rooms/Toilets. 5. Free internet WiFi access. Utility Room: A hallway cupboard houses an iron, ironing board, clothes airer and cleaning materials. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is an ample supply of towels (both beach and bath), and bed linen. The towels and linen are changed weekly. The apartment is cleaned prior to guests arrival, and is cleaned once per week for stays longer than one week. Other: Basement car parking.