Barn in Horton, Nr. Bristol, England - A Fantastic Rural Setting At The Foot Of The Cotswold Hills Short Walk To Great Golf Course
A charming Cotswold development around its own courtyard. Situated deep in the countryside in an area of outstanding natural beauty yet close to Bath, the Cotswolds and less than two hours from London from. Beautiful converted stables that can sleep 2 in one double bedroom but with the option of a double sofa bed in one of the two reception areas. It is 800 metres from the Cotswold way national trail and an ancient 1100 acre common with full access. It is 2 miles to the market town of Chipping Sodbury with a good selection of pubs and restaurants.
About the Owner
Hi I'm Elle, my parents developed these apartments for my brother and myself and I furnished them in the style I love. We loved living there but business has taken us into the city so we would like to share this lovely property with others. Its an amazing property with a fabulous feeling about it. Whether you would like a nice break in the country walking the Cotswold way or to tour around bath and Bristol, its great. Give me a call and I will let you know all the details of this great holiday property.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great location for a girlie get together, provided everything we could need. Would love to come back in the summer to make the most of the courtyard. Cherie, Helen, Heather and Jo.
Wonderful place, relaxing, chilled holiday exactly what we wanted, brilliant local dog walks. Yvonne, Charlie and Millie, Derek Burt and Baxter.
A great place and great people, a wonderful stay thank you, back here next year to visit the spots we missed.
We have been blessed in so many way. Thank you. Every Blessing.
Bryan and Cynthia
From the Owner
“Well I've always lived there but my mum and dad looked for years to find this property so close to Bath, Bristol and the Cotswolds yet deep in the country. Whilst I enjoy city life I just love coming home to the peace I feel here. It definitely a place where you can forget about the real world, relax and just enjoy.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Car racing at Castle Combe. We can provide secure trailer storage and under cover working space for racing cars for an extra cost. (Must book well in advance)
A 45 minute drive to Weston Super Mare and Burnham on sea. The south coast is one hour and a half with Lyme Regis to Torquay easily accessible.
Bristol airport is the closest airport but Heathrow and Birmingham airports are only one hour and a half away. Bath, Bristol and Yate railway stations are close by. Use of a car is necessary.
Two miles from the ancient market town of Chipping Sodbury with a huge slection of pubs and restaurants. Westonbirt Arboretum and Tetbury are within 12 Miles. The Badminton estate is within walking distance. Less than fifty minutes drive is the Cotswold water park with its boating, fishing and sailing. Prince Charle's house, Highgrove, at Doughton is only 12 minutes drive away. Castle Combe race track is fifteen minutes away.
We are close to superb walks including the Cotswold way, close to Westonbirt and Tetbury. 17 minutes from Bath and Bristol. We are also a short walk from a major woodland area of national scientific interest with its hidden valley, micro climate and rare bird life. The walks all around us are superb. Dog walking is fabulous from the cottage with some superb woodland walks in secluded areas. Castle Combe race track is fifteen minutes away. The wildfowl trust at Slimbridge is only twenty minutes.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£100|
Please call our phone number and we will give you all the details. Alternatively contact us by email. A small deposit will be taken on as a deposit, then full payment required a week before arrival.
Notes on prices:
Bank Holidays and Half term : High Season rates.
A small deposit be required to secure booking with full payment one week before arrival. We take a damage deposit of £100 cash/cheque which will be returned upon inspection on departure day.
We take a £200 deposit up front to secure the booking with final payment sent a week before the stay.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The benefit of staying here is the great feeling of space. The apartment is really big, the courtyard is big enough to have great barbecues yet when you go out the front gates and walk one hundred yards you are on a fabulous open common with cows and horses grazing freely. What is also really good is the ease I can get to Bath or Bristol for a night out, it is less than 20 mins drive to both. If you love golf there is a course on the common and it is a short stroll to Chipping Sodbury golf club where we have negotiated a discount for our guests. Come and stay with us for a great feeling of peace and relaxation.”
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Table Football
- Long-term Renters Welcome
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Lovely En-suite bathroom that is also accessible from the corridor. Bathroom has a large bath and a separate shower.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom and 1 sofa bed) Notes on bedrooms: One Large double bedroom with one double bed. Large enough to accommodate a cot (cot not provided) . One sofa bed that can be used in one of the reception rooms.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Notes on accommodation: One large bedroom. A separate lounge and dining area. An enormous kitchen games room with a big wood burning stove that is a great hit with all our guests in winter which also opens directly onto the courtyard for real al fresco living during the summer months. Outside: You have use of a large sunny courtyard with a coal barbeque and a gazebo permanently built out of wood. It also enjoys the use of a front garden and a tennis court by arrangement. The property is one hundred yards from an 1100 acre ancient common and a short walk to an excellent golf course. There is secure car parking off road. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All Linen & Towels and welcome pack provided. Other: The Kitchen also doubles up as a games room / TV room and has a TV, DVD player, Table football, piano and a brand new wood burner that you can warm yourself around in winter.