Farmhouse in Casalguidi, Pistoia, Tuscany and Florence, Italy - Villa With Spectacular Views Set In Its Own Large Grounds Within 40 Minutes Of Florence And Lucca
The house was completely renovated in the late 1990's. set in its own grounds of 8 hectares on the top of the Montalbano hills. Easy airport access 40 minutes to Florence, 50 minutes to Pisa. Set in 8 hectares of secluded grounds with a private pool and spectacular views over the valley below.
About the Owner
in 1993 we bought the land and a ruin and set about rebuilding a house in the character and style of the farmhouse that had been there before.
We have created a family home and a place that we love coming back to year after year. The house is very comfortable and furnished as a home rather then as a rental proposition.
Over the past decade have let the house very little chiefly because we have used it over large chunks of the summer.
From 2015 we will be letting the house for a few months each year.
From the Owner
“we have always loved this part of the world and the location of this house ticked many boxes very easy access to two airports proximity to many cities close to golf and tennis and yet the house is isolated and tranquil with incredible views over the valley floor”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
A national cycling team base themselves at San Baronto (10 minutes from the house) and the region provides excellent and extensive cycling
There is a good tennis club in Casalguidi (10 mins down the hill) with 2 clay and 1 synthetic courts. Coaching in English is available.
The Italian Riviera is 1 hour and 15 minutes away by car although there are many other beaches a similar distance away but driving further south. the biggest resort area is:
Forte dei Marmi where there are excellent restaurants and clubs on the beach and all kinds of shopping
A car is essential for this villa and there are numerous rental firms at both Pisa and Florence airport
Florence airport 35 minutes
Florence railway station 40 minutes
Pisa airport 50 minutes
Pistoia railway station 15 minutes - trains to Florence / Pisa
I have often driven from the UK to the House and the distance is approximately 1400 kms from Calais
San Baronto -4.4 kms - 8 minutes
Casalguidi - 5kms - 9 minutes
Montecatini - 15kms - 30 minutes
Pistoia -9 kms - 14 minutes
Lucca - 34kms - 35 minutes
Florence - centre 45 mins
Sienna - 109 kms - 1 hour 30 minutes
San Gimignano - 89 kms - 1 hour 15 mins
Pisa centre -70 kms - 60 minutes
Forte dei Marmi - 80 kms - 60 minutes
Shopping - there is a supermarket in Casalguidi and a large supermarket in Pistoia
there are excellent markets in Pistoia
Clothes shopping - Florence or the out of town fashion outlet discount stores [Prada, Gucci, D&G, Todds, etc]
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
26 Sep 2016 - 27 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£178|
Payment 25% on booking, 75% 1 month before
Deposit 200 euros on arrival
the changeover date is normally a Saturday but may be changeable by arrangement
On the day of departure it would be appreciated if guests could vacate the house by 11.00a.m Arrival in the early afternoon ideally after 1.30 p.m. earlier by arrangement.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Air Conditioning
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- bathroom 1 - ensuite to bedroom 1, shower, bath, wc, washbasin bathroom 2 - bath, shower, wc, washbasin bathroom 3 shower, wc, washbasin All bathrooms are white tiled with terracotta floors
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 9
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 9 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: bedroom 1 - double with ensuite bathroom and a/c bedroom 2 - double bedroom 3 - twin with a/c bedroom 4 - twin bedroom 5 - overflow single bedroom
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There are two double bedrooms and two twin bedrooms that can be converted to doubles if required One of the Double bedrooms and one of the twin bedrooms are air-conditioned the other two bedrooms have fans Outside: the house is situated at the top of hill overlooking the valley that leads to Florence, the Montalbano hills are principally mature chestnut, pine and oak woodland but they also contain the most northern Chianti DOCG vineyards in Tuscany. The house used to be surrounded by a working farm until the 1950's when it was abandoned and only restored in the late 1990's. It is is in a secluded position at the end of a track and sits on its own surrounded by 8 hectares of grounds. Some of the terraces have been put back and a few olive trees planted. At the back of the house there is a large loggia with stunning views over the valley floor which during the spring to autumn serves as a sitting area with two 3-seater sofas and and chairs and a dining area that seats 10 The pool (11mx5m) is surrounded by a large tiled sun deck and is completely fenced in with a lockable gate for added safety There is a gas BBQ adjacent to the loggia Utility Room: second fridge freezer laundry room, ironing board etc Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning twice a week or more often by arrangement Linen and bathroom towels and pool towels provided