Cottage in St Andrews, Fife, Central Scotland - Peaceful Location Close to Beach, Town and Golf
Quality one bedroom cottage kitted out to a high spec and close to all amenities. It is a short walk into town where there is a selection of individual shops as well as a wide range of restaurants and bars. There is something for everything from country walks and botanic gardens to tennis, golf and swimming. Weather permitting, you can relax in the courtyard after a day of sightseeing. Overall a great base for a fun filled or relaxing holiday.
Top Traveller Review
Home from home!!
About the Owner
About Sandra Johnston
A a family we have lived here for the past five years. Growing up I spent many a happy holiday in St Andrews so we decided it would be a great place for family life. When the house was being extended the brick garage was converted into a one bedroom cottage and we felt it would be nice to rent it out and hope that others would enjoy St Andrews too.
Sandra Johnston purchased this cottage in 2009
(12 traveller reviews)
Home from home!!
Absolutely perfect stay!! We spent a few nights here when we went up for a friend's wedding in St Andrews. It was perfect from start to finish. Beautiful accommodation. Big spacious living area; wonderfully comfortable bedroom in a glorious roof space; and a fantastic modern boutique hotel standard bathroom. Great value for money too. We really cannot recommend enough.
A great find
My husband and I had a great week here. The cottage has everything you need, sheer luxury, from the welcome pack to toiletries to comfort. If you
are looking for piece and quiet this is the place to be. We will definitely be back.
This was an amazing cottage to stay in. My boyfriend and I stayed here for a long weekend and it was perfect. The cottage had everything you would need from washing powder to Tupperware boxes and more! We loved the welcome package and all the little touches around the cottage made it feel like home. The property was very clean with great utensils and facilities (Everything we needed was there) the cottage in real life is even better then in the pictures. Sandra was very helpful and gave us all the information that we needed! I have already recommended this cottage to friends and family and plan to visit again myself! The location was perfect roughly 3 mins- £4.60 in a taxi or only a 10 minute walk into St Andrews.
Thank you Sandra- We will be visiting again
Quiet cottage in a nice area. Comfortable and clean and with all appliances available. And the welcome package most appreciated. The Lades Braes walk into town was picturesque and a delight.
WONDERFUL PROPERTY, FABULOUS LOCATION, GREAT HOST
Unbelievable find in St. Andrews. Sandra is a really thoughtful home owner who wants her guests to enjoy their stay in her exceptionally peacefully cottage. It is conveniently located and you can walk everywhere within minutes. The attention to detail in the cottage is outstanding. Everything you could want and more is there. It is so well equipped; from the basics to seating for outside in the garden. What makes it so special is that Sandra had put out provisions for us and after an 11 hr journey you really appreciate that gesture. She also provided a voucher for a famous ice cream parlour in the town. There were even lovely toiletries in the bathroom. Just so many unexpected surprises. It is all about attention to detail and she really has that sorted. Whats interesting it could be used by any one from single people, honeymooners to families. It is very flexible accommodation. I've rarely slept this well - comfy bed and blackout blinds marvellous. It was exceptionally clean and I am lost for words.... We have been to visit our daughter at uni. and stayed in various places. To be honest we wouldn't go any where else now.
Second time we have stayed and will be back again. It was our first anniversary, location is excellent and all the touches from the owner were perfect.
Activity and Interests
20 minute walk to West sands and 30 minutes walk to East sands, with Tentsmure a short drive away.
Travel by rail to Leuchars or Dundee, airports Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
8 Mar 2017 - 30 Jun 2017
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
1 Jul 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£50|
£100 deposit at time of booking and full balance 6 weeks prior to arrival.
£50 returnable deposit for any breakages during you stay.
Normal changeover day Saturday but will try to flexible on changeover day and length of stay.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- non smoking only
- wheelchair inaccessible
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room with large shower. Wash hand basin, mirrored cabinet, toilet and heated towel rail.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 2
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 2 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: Super king-size Bed, fitted wardrobes, bedside cabinets with bedside lamps and blackout blinds.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Cosy one bedroom cottage situated in a quite location but close to St Andrews town centre, the beaches and the golf. 10 minutes walk will take you to the town centre where there are plenty of shops, cafes, restaurants and bars. The golf courses are within a 20 minutes walk, as are the West Sands Beach. Great historical buildings and ruins to visit. Staying at the cottage gives access to East Neuk of Fife by car with plenty picturesque villages to explore. This cottage is situated beside the owners house but has it's own private courtyard with drying facilities. There is parking outside the cottage. Travel by rail to Leuchars or Dundee, airports Glasgow, Edinburgh or Dundee. Outside: Private courtyard. Parking. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels provided. Full clean after changeover or weekly if staying longer. Starter pack and if required a food shop can be arranged in readiness for your stay just send an email with your requirements a week prior to your stay. No smoking.