Cottage above Llanfrynach, Nr. Brecon, Powys, Wales - Spectacular views, in heart of Brecon Beacons.
Located on the steep hillside, the house is one of the highest in the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains National Park, offering dramatic, breathtaking panoramic views over the Usk Valley to the Black Mountains, Hay Bluff and the border country.
This is a unique, private, secluded cottage with warm family-home ambiance as far away from the madding crowd as you can get. Lived in for over 200 years, the house retains many of its classic characteristics including an impressive natural stone inglenook fireplace with an old bread oven, open oak beams, a hand cut flagstone floor and an original stone spiral staircase.
The interior is beautifully decorated with an exciting mix of Asian antiques and modern facilities. Although extremely remote in its location, the house benefits from being less than 5 miles from the market town of Brecon, which has good facilities including a leisure centre with swimming pool, a theatre, cinema and variety of shops including supermarkets. Accessed by driving up one of the least visited lanes, the secluded position is enhanced by outstanding scenery and magnificent views. Positioned on the hillside of the Beacons themselves, with farmland below, the house offers a fantastic location for all ages.
The region enjoys some of the most impressive and distinctive upland formations in Britain, with the National Park covering an area of 520 sq miles (1347 sq km). The local flora and fauna is extensive with particularly prolific bird-life. There is a huge selection of mountain and valley hiking options, accessible directly from the house itself. Whether you head straight up to the northern ridge to Fan-y-Big, then across to Cribyn and Pen-y-Fan, or follow the deserted valley track to the nearby upland streams & waterfalls.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the manager
“Excellent house with superb facilities…” David Mathis
“We loved the new Garden Studio – a perfect escape” Martin Jeffreys
“We have had a brilliant break… I could stare out of the kitchen windows all day…” Lisa & Pablo Kingston
From the Owner
“It'll change your life .. and you'll want to return time and again.”
Activity and Interests
Three hours drive from London, Birmingham and Manchester. Access to a car is essential.
The house is a 2½ hour walk to the top of the highest mountain Pen-y-Fan and a gentle half an hour walk Llanfrynach (2 miles) where there is a beautiful church with tower dating back to 1855 and a friendly pub, The White Swan, with excellent food. The canal tow-path leading through to either Brecon (5 miles) or Pencelli (3 miles) is a short walk away.
The vast Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains National Parks enjoy dramatic landscapes and offer an exciting variety of local flora and fauna. The rural areas have changed little over the years, making it easy to understand why writers, poets and artists have long found inspiration here.
There is something for everyone: dramatic castles, glacial showcaves, museums, ancient hill forts, country fairs, festivals, remote pubs, excellent restaurants, a welcoming and friendly community and just about every outdoor pursuit imaginable.
The historical and cultural diversity of the area is extremely exciting. The options range from landmarks of the Industrial Revolution (including Big Pit where you can explore a coal mine guided by miners) to the world famous Brecon Jazz and Hay Literature Festivals.
Activities include climbing, abseiling, hiking, cliff scrambling, valley walks, mountain biking, canal cycling, narrow boats, sailing, swimming, clay shooting, mountain climbing, high wire and dry wall climbing, archery, caving, golf, land carting, kayaking, canoeing, white water rafting, birdwatching, farm visits, horseriding, nature excursions, the Brecon Mountain Railway and a variety of children’s activities.
General Information: www.visitbreconbeacons.com
Powys Tourist Board: www.tourism.powys.gov.uk
Taff Vally Buggy Trails: www.adventurewales.co.uk
Black Mountain Activities: www.blackmountain.co.uk
Wye Valley Canoe Centre: www.wyevalleycanoes.co.uk
Paddles and Pedals: www.canoehire.co.uk
Greenman Mountain Boarding: www.greenman-mountainboard.co.uk
Cradoc Golf Club: www.cradoc.co.uk
Bikes and Hikes: www.bikesandhikes.co.uk
Cantref Riding Centre: www.cantref.com
Tregoyd Mountain Riders: www.tregoydriding.co.uk
Red Line Boats: www.redlineboats.co.uk
Brecon Mountain Railway: www.breconmountainrailway.co.uk
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Full details - www.llwyn-y-fron.com
When making a rental booking guests are asked to complete, sign and return our Booking Form. A deposit is due, with full balance due ten weeks before the rental date.
Weekly Rentals - start/finish on a Friday
Short Break Rates (for three nights) (Friday/Saturday/Sunday).
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“The perfect luxury escape for those seeking solitude, wilderness, outdoor activities and dramatic mountain scenery. Excellent birding, cycling, trekking opportunities with extensive variety of local upland and lowland flora and fauna. Positioned high on the hillside the house enjoys dramatic views, with unique direct access to the Brecon Beacons mountains.”
- Away From It All
- Farm Holidays
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fitness Room / Equipment ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite bathroom to bedroom 1, with bath, WC, wash basin, large airing cupboard En-suite bathroom to bedroom 4 (garden studio) with shower, WC, washbasin Separate shower room with WC and wash basin in main house
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Master Bedroom with en suite Bathroom
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, Double or Twin (with in Main House)
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, Double (within Main House)
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Double/Twin with en suite Bathroom (Garden Suite Studio)
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with super king size bed (twin bed option), en-suite bathroom and WC Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with double bed (twin bed option) Bedroom 4 (in garden studio) with king size doubel bed (twin bed option), en-suite shower room and WC
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Outside: Extremely remote at the end of the mountain Road. Views to die for. There is a gravel driveway and room for several cars, a flagstone patio, a large sloping garden with two lawns, a BBQ, a shed with electricity and lock up facilities for bicycles, a separate wood shed, a 'sundowner' bench, and wooden table and chairs for outdoor dining, from where you can enjoy the spectacular views. Utility Room: Offers a facility for hanging coats, storing shoes/boots, and a storage cupboard housing a washing machine, cleaning utensils, ironing board and iron. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and towels are included, and are changed every week. The house and studio are cleaned weekly. Other: Beautifully decorated in Moroccan style, this smaller sitting room allows for a separate ‘chill out’ area with sofa, comfortable chairs, additional TV, a deep stone-lined window and a thick curtain over the door.