Apartment in Aldea Blanca, Puerto Banus, Marbella, Costa del Sol, Spain - Peaceful location in subtropical gardens with 4 swimming pools, walking distance to Puerto Banús
Our flat, Casa Feliz, is located in Aldea Blanca, a quiet and elegant, yet very cozy urbanization within short walking distance from the shops and restaurants of Puerto Banús and 7 km from Marbella. The port, beach and sea front promenade are approximately 15 minutes’ walk away; the nearest commercial centre, Centro Plaza, only 5 minutes. Pick-up service at Malaga airport is available upon request. All this means that a car is not really needed. However, if you want to explore the surroundings and/or make use of the many nearby golf courses, we recommend you to rent a car; there is plenty of safe parking space, reserved for the residents, within the gated community. The urbanization consists of low, (4-5 floors) white terraced houses with lots of green space and beautiful gardens between them. It has in total four swimming pools which can all be used by the residents. The nearest pool is just a few steps from our front door and has a shallow part for small children and a jacuzzi beside. The flat, which is on the middle floor, is very bright and spacious and consists of two bedrooms with connecting bathrooms, one living room, a dining room and a separate kitchen. There are three south- and west oriented terraces offering sun from mid-day until sunset and nice views of the pool and the surroundings. The terraces and rooms are comfortably furnished in a fresh-looking Scandinavian style with a pinch of Andalusian flavor. The whole flat has to the season 2015 been refurbished with e.g. new kitchen and bathrooms as well as A/C. A CD-player and free internet access is available. At the pool are two sun loungers belonging to the apartment available.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
We are a Swedish couple (Staffan, 62, It-consultant, and Carina, 52, art curator) with two teenage twins. We made our first acquaintance with Andalusia 17 years ago, shortly after we had met, and immediately fell in love, both with each other and with southern Spain. In 2014 we returned to create a second home here.
5 based on 7 holidaymaker reviews
just returned from the most fantastic holiday i or my family have ever had a beautiful large spotlessly clean well equipped apartment with three balconies very comfortable beds and tastefully furnished this apartment is a credit to the owners .Set in sumptuous grounds in a peaceful location we could not have asked for more .All i can say is see you again next year Staffan.
Lovely apartment, beautiful urbanization, great location, fabulous holiday!
My wife, 5 year old daughter and I really enjoyed our stay at Staffan's apartment from the 17th to 24th of June 2016. We found the apartment from our web search and we choose the apartment as it was in a location that we liked and also the description and pictures looked good.
* Was the listing description accurate regarding the location, layout, amenities, etc.?
-Yes, very accurate. In fact the pictures didn't do justice to the urbanization. The larger pools were really lovely and in particular the large pool area was very suitable for our 5 year old daughter. It really wasn't very busy and there was also a lifeguard on duty. The apartment was great and contained everything that you could need.
* Was the property clean and well-maintained?
- Yes the apartment was spotless and very well maintained. All facilities including the air-con worked really well.
* Did the owner provide good customer service?
- Yes, Staffan was great. There was a small oversight initially, on arrival, the bed for our 5 year old was not made up and there were no sheets or duvet covers available. I emailed Staffan to inform him and he called me shortly after to agree on a suitable time for someone to rectify the problem. This issue was sorted out very quickly. The booking process was very simple and efficient.
* Would you recommend this property to your friends or relatives?
- Absolutely. This apartment would be suitable for couples, families and people of all ages. The location is also great as it is close to supermarkets, shops and restaurants. Puerto Banus is only a few minutes by car.
* Would you return?
- Yes, we would love to return to this apartment and the only improvement we could make would be to stay for longer!
Excellent apartment and surroundings
We have just spent a week in this apartment and had an absolutely fabulous time. Not only is the apartment relaxing, clean and comfortable, it is very spacious and has everything you need for a relaxing family holiday.
The pools are clean, quiet and surrounding gardens are beautiful within walking distance to the centre, harbour and beaches. A car is not needed, however there is so much to see within a 40/50 minute drive, it is worth hiring a car for the sights...Ronda is a must see along with Marbella old town. Thanks Staffan and family for renting your apartment.
Close to perfect
If we had to be "really picky" we would have preferred an awning rather than a parasol to main terrace ... and for any Brits visiting access to UK TV would be a big plus especially out of season stays when weather not "No. 1" on the agenda.
That said we would not hesitate for one second to re-book ... the apartment is a credit to the owners ... and the bed is one of the best we have ever slept in
Our haven in the sun!
We had a very enjoyable and relaxing week here. We actually elected not to have a hire car for this holiday which meant both ‘drivers’ could have a drink extra (or two) at the chiringuito if we chose to :-)
Practically not having a car meant a few walks into the Port area (1.5km) for sightseeing/shopping although there are two largish supermarkets and plenty of eating places very close to the apartment. There was also the option of a taxi to/from the Port/Centre which was quite reasonable though we happily walked most of the times we visited.
The accommodation is very spacious and very comfortable. It also has three balconies so you can play ‘chase the sun’ or ‘chase the shade’ according to your preference :-) The facilities provided in the apartment lacked nothing we could think of. We woke every morning to a lovely filter coffee courtesy of the machine available.
There is a pool very close which was useful as we could allow our 10 year old a quick extra swim in the morning/evening whilst we overlooked from the balcony. The pool was generously open until 10pm. In addition, there is a large pool just a short walk away within the enclosed community. Both pools had a lovely temperature and not too busy considering it was peak season.
The owners were very helpful and organised in all aspects.
The development was a gated one with security guards and felt very safe. More importantly though it felt like a haven all of its own with its beautiful landscaping and charming buildings… each time we returned we could not help smiling.
In summary we would recommend this apartment and its environs for sure!!!
Tips: (1) Make sure you read the owners folder on arrival to avail yourself of lots of useful information. (2) Take one of the ‘community’ keys (provided) with you if any of the group decide to temporarily split-up. (3) If you like seafood then try the clams which are available quite widely… our favourite and sadly lacking in many parts of our home area.
Amazing holiday apartment so much space
I can't recommend this apartment enough, the apartment is so spacious and comfortable it was an absolute pleasure to stay there. The urbanisation is great the pool and all other area are of a very high standard, we were there in August and no where felt too busy or crowded. I really didn't want to leave and hope to be going back...
From the Owner
“We appreciate Andalusia for its rich cultural heritage, its beautiful sceneries, its wonderful climate and abundance of activities. No matter what your interests are, there is always a lot to do here: excursions to fascinating towns and places, golf, hiking, skiing and all kinds of watersports. Puerto Banús is the ideal starting point for all these activities, as well as for shopping, fine dining, beach- and nightlife if you want. The urbanization we have chosen, Aldea Blanca, has charm and style; it is elegant, yet very cosy. It´s like an oasis, far from mass tourism. The flat itself is comfortable and has all you need for a relaxing holiday. We don´t talk about luxury, but let the images speak for themselves. As long as you appreciate the combination of peaceful surroundings and nearby services and you share our taste for interior design, we are sure you will love it here. For our own part, we have already got extremely attached to Casa Feliz: this is not just any rental flat, it is part of our Life dream.”
Activity and Interests
The nearest beach is in Puerto Banús, approx. 15 minutes walk from the flat. From there wonderful beaches stretch all the way to the neighbor towns Marbella (7 km) and San Pedro de Alcántara (2 km).
The nearest airport is in Malaga, approx. 50 minutes drive away. Public shuttle buses are available; personal transfer service from/to the airport can be arranged at an extra cost upon request. Thanks to the favourable location of the flat, a car is not needed, however recommended for anyone who wants to explore all the beautiful and interesting sights in Andalusia and/or play golf. Free parking is available just outside the flat.
A colourful local market offering all kinds of goods except food takes place every Saturday morning next to "our" commercial centre, Centro Plaza, which is only 5 minutes walk away. The neighbour towns all have their own local markets on different days of the week.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
18 Dec 2016 - 8 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
11 Jun 2017 - 10 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Changeover preferably on Sundays, but may be discussed. Arrival- and departure time is flexible upon agreement.
Notes on prices:
If you rent for more than 1 week, we give 10% discount on additional weeks.
Deposit of 30% payable upon booking. Balance 1 month prior to arrival. Payment via bank transfers.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Air Conditioning
- Hair Dryer
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker ...
- Kitchen ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- wheelchair inaccessible
- gambling casinos
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
Sports & Adventure Activities
- water skiing
- 136 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, Shower, double hand zinks, hair-dryer and good storing space
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, bath tub with shower, double hand sinks, good storing space
- Bathroom 1 is en-suite with the master bedroom and has a WC, shower, double hand sinks, a hair-dryer and good storing space. Bathroom 2 is located next to the second bedroom and has WC, bath tub with shower, double hand sinks and good storing space.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has one double bed (160 cm), direct access to terrace 1 and 4 big wardrobes with lots of space to store suitcases, golf bags etc. Bedroom 2 has two twin beds (90 cm) that can easily be put together to a double, and two big wardrobes.
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: For reasons of severe allergy in the family, this flat is available for non-smokers only. No pets. Outside: The urbanization has four shared pools, of which the second largest (with a jacuzzi beside) is just below our flat. All around the urbanization there are wonderful and very well kept sub-tropical gardens with palm trees, banana plants and lots of flowers spreading lovely fragrances in the evening. Safe, private parking is available in the street outside the house. All parking space is reserved for the residents, however not with a specially assigned space for each flat. The community is gated, with 24 hours security guard. Utility Room: The utility room next to the kitchen has a washing-machine, a laundry-stand, a flat iron and an ironing board. Here you also find all kinds of cleaning material if needed. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen and in-house towels (not beach-towels) are provided. Departure cleaning is included in the rent. Other: The flat has three lovely south- and west facing terraces: one for coffee/reading/sunbathing etc, one dinner- and barbecue terrace, and one for relaxing/socializing. There are 4 extra chairs that can easily be moved around for a more flexible seating.