House in Inverkirkaig, Nr. Lochinver, Scottish Highlands, Scotland - Sealladh Na Mara, Close to the Seashore and Set in Nearly an Acre of Wild
Sealladh na Mara (pronounced Shall-ah nah Maa-rah and Gaelic for ‘View of the Sea’) is a spacious, modern, detached house comfortably accommodating eight people. Close to the seashore and set in nearly an acre of wild, partly wooded garden, there are stunning views across Inverkirkaig Bay to the Assynt mountains and the Inverpolly National Nature Reserve. There are four good-sized bedrooms: a king-size, with a balcony overlooking the sea, and two twin-bedded upstairs, and a double downstairs. The upstairs bathroom has a whirlpool bath and there is a shower room with power shower downstairs. The well-equipped kitchen and adjoining dining room have polished hardwood floors, as do the lounge and hall. Double doors lead from the dining room to a verandah overlooking the sea. There are freeview/freesat televisions in the lounge and dining room, and WiFi broadband is provided. The house is centrally heated and double glazed.
For further details please see owner's website: www.sealladh.com
For low season short break enquiries please contact us.
2-person discounts available - please contact us.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Inverkirkaig is a small community two and a half miles south of Lochinver, where there are many facilities including shops, restaurants, cafes, fuel, tourist information centre, leisure centre, post office, bank and health centre. Ullapool, fifty minutes’ drive to the south, is the ferry terminal for crossing to the Isle of Lewis, and has a supermarket, leisure centre, swimming pool and gold course, as well as post office, shops and eating places. Highland Stoneware Pottery is based in Lochinver and Ullapool. Inverkirkaig itself has a good bookshop and tearoom, approached along a scenic lane beside the River Kirkaig.
The surrounding area is famed for its wildlife; otter, seals, red and roe deer, pine martens, golden eagles and divers may be seen. There is a wealth of plant life, including many arctic-alpine species and orchids. West Sutherland is popular with walkers, mountaineers, geologists and anglers. Mountain bikes and kayaks can be hired in Lochinver. Close by there are fine white sand beaches.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
Price includes central heating, electricity, initial supply of fuel for stove in winter, bed linen and towels.
Winter: November, December, January, February: £495 - £550; Christmas and New Year: £925.
Spring: March, April, May: £575 - £750; Spring Bank Holiday: £875.
Summer: June, July, August: £750 - £925.
Autumn: September, October: £550 - £695.
- Available arrival
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom: whirlpool bath. Downstairs bathroom: power shower.
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1: 1 king-size. Bedroom 2: 2 twin beds. Bedroom 3: 2 twin beds. Bedroom 4: 1 double bed.
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The house is well stocked with books, maps, toys, games and tourist information leaflets. Wifi Payphone Cot with bedding, high chair and baby bath Level parking for up to four cars Storage for bicycles in large shed behind the house. On arrival a small welcome pack of Scottish produce awaits visitors. Outside: Ample garden furniture. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen & towels provided Other: WiFi broadband is provided. The house is centrally heated and double glazed.