Kincraig, Kingussie, Near Aviemore - Peaceful country location within easy access of Kincraig village, Aviemore and Cairngorms
Elegant, traditional stone built house located upon the hillside with vast, panoramic views across the valley, village of Kincraig and to the Cairngorm mountains. This is a spectacular setting with magnificent countryside walks right from the doorstep. There is a comfortable lounge with open log fire. Kitchen with dining table for 8 guests. 2 bedrooms downstairs and 2 bedrooms upstairs. There is also a bathroom downstairs and a bathroom upstairs.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
This property has spectacular views, which are commented upon by everyone who has visited. For many years the house was exclusively available to a German holiday company. They have always enjoyed their stay with many returning in later years. This is a very peaceful area with a magnificent garden, views, wildlife and country walks on the doorstep. If you would like any further information about the area then please let me know.
With kind regards,
Frances purchased this house in 1996
(19 traveller reviews)
A lovely large country house with lots of room. Lovely and warm and beautiful views!
Perfect location. Ideal for large family gatherings!
I would happily return
Beautiful house and surrounding countryside
We had a fabulous stay at Kincraig House. Amazing sunrises every day and views of the mountains. House was large and cosy. Would definitely stay again.
Spacious, kid and dog-friendly!
The house is very large and only a short drive to Aviemore, Loch Morlich and surrounding areas for outdoor fun! As I read in other reviews, the house is not updated nor pristinely clean but it was perfect for us as we had 4 children under the age of 5 and a dog along with us. Our favorite part of the house was the cozy lounge with fire place. The kitchen is large but not very well equipped. We had a great time, felt comfortable and would definitely go back again!
Very comfortable, spacious country house. Beautiful view & very handy for Aviemore
We had a fantastic weekend at Kincraig House, a lovely & spacious house which was perfect for our 50th birthday celebrations. Although it is a large house it was nice & cosy & extremely comfortable. There was everything you needed for a family break & Aviemore was handy for picking up groceries. Fantastic walks nearby including Loch Insch & Loch An Eilean.
A few of our party were taking part in the Aviemore running festival so it was a perfect location for that too!
Great fun...especially for kids who like hide and seek
Yes, the place is a bit run down here and there but it's clean, well located (close to Aviemore, and very close to the Highland Wildlife Park) and great fun. The rooms are large and with the layout of the house it's perfect for wee ones to hide (not too big that they get lost, but enough for fun)....mine had a blast. We'd happily go back. Thanks.
Activity and Interests
Nearest airport is Inverness - 40 minute drive (north)
Edinburgh Aiprport - 2 hour drive (south)
The use of cars to access this property and surrounding area are essential.
Kincraig Village - 1 mile distance (east)
Aviemore Town - 5 miles distance (north)
Kingussie Town - 5 miles distance (south)
Cairngorm Mountains - 10 miles (north east)
Aviemore is an all year tourist attraction with banks, supermarkets, shops, restaurants, Cinema, Petrol station. Kingussie has shops, supermarket, banks restaurants. Kincraig has a village shop with good produce and a post office.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Housekeeping & Laundry||£300|
Changeover day is usually Saturday which can be flexible depending on existing bookings.
Arrival time is after 4pm
Departure time is before 10am
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Cancelled bookings will not receive a refund.
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- ski lift pass
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Bathroom with shower located upstairs Bathroom with shower located on ground floor
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, Sofa, writing desk, wardrobe,
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Sofa, wardrobe, dressing table
- Bedroom 3 - 2 Single Bed, Seating area with 2 chairs, wash hand basin
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Sofa and 2 chairs, wash hand basin, wardrobe, drawers
- Description of sleeping capacity: 8 people within a 4 bedroom house Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 (ground floor) Large double bedroom with seating area Bedroom 2 (upstairs) Large Double bedroom with spacious seating area and wash basin Bedroom 3 (upstairs) Large Twin bedroom with spacious seating area and wash basin Bedroom 4 (ground floor) Large Twin bedroom with seating area.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Grass lawn with two picnic tables overlooking the spectacular views. Utility Room: Washing machine with tumble dryer. Ironing board with iron. Child's high chair, cot. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and linen are included. The property is cleaned after each stay.