House in Seaford, Sussex, 2 b/rooms. Peaceful Location, 3min walk to beach, Close to Town Centre Amenities and Transport Link
A modern townhouse in a location you will love. Light and airy, with comfortable beds, well-equipped kitchen, lounge with good entertainment facilities, bathroom with shower and bath, utility room and a south-facing patio. Seaford is popular with visitors for it's stunning beach, countryside, surrounding villages and pubs. There are some great places to eat nearby too if you want to eat out
Top Traveller Review
You enjoyed your stay and it worked out well for you.
You are most welcome to stay again if you are working in
With kind regards,
About the Owner
Hello and thank you for visiting my profile.
I am self-employed and work as a Training Consultant, Counsellor, Coach and Marketing Affiliate. I live in Guernsey, Channel Islands and would like you to feel most welcome in either of my holiday lets.
I am offering my home for holiday accommodation. There are not many self-catering homes in Seaford and mine is in such a great location.
A brand new apartment, recently fully kitted out for holiday lets. Situated in a lovely traditional Spanish town.
If you have any special needs, or there is anything else you would like to know, please ask.
I hope to hear from you soon.
Guestbook comments from the owner
August 27 at 10:45pm.
Just had most refreshing time in this place. Everything as stated below and more. The Seven Sisters Country Park is within walking distance. The white cliffs are spectacular and made for wonderful hiking. Would love to visit again.
3.6 based on 8 holidaymaker reviews
I was working in Seaford and Very much enjoyed staying at the house and would highly recommend anyone stay.
While in a very good location it does seem as the property requires a bit of updating.
Great location and helpful owner. However there were issues including none of the beds being made for our arrival, and the washing machine being filled with what I can only assume may have been towels meant for our stay. The cleaner issue does need to be resolved. The garden is advertised with the property but is in no fit state to use as it is filled with rubbish and no real useable furniture. The propert does need some running repairs in a few minor areas and unfortunately these can take away from what is overall a lovely house ideally located within the town and right next to the seafront. Overall a nice property in need of some care and attention.
I hate to nit-pick but some of the items in the kitchen and bathroom are YEARS out of date (tea/coffee/medicines) and the fridge was mouldy to say the least.
Also a guide to work the TV or switch to the PS2 for DVDs (we figured it out) would have been a great help.
Like I say, I hate to nit-pick because it's a beautiful home (we hated to leave) in a pleasant, friendly town with the sea, dining out and shops literally minutes or seconds away.
Great location, unreliable landlady
This house is excellent in terms of location, perfect for amenities in and around Seaford. Unfortunately it suffers from no local housekeeper and an unprofessional landlady, which is why -- although we liked the property -- we will not be staying here again. If you want personal service or an immediate response, this is not the place to rent. We experienced numerous problems (incorrect code to key box so we couldn't get in house, mail piled up on floor when we did get in, electricity deficit upon arrival although promised a credit, gas credit ran out while we were there -- for which she still owes us reimbursement). This was made more frustrating by not being able to easily reach the distant landlady by phone and having no local agent to act on her behalf. If it hadn't been for one neighbour and my coincidental history with the area, I don't if we would've ever got into the house in the first place. After a long journey, it was very disappointing. Too many loose ends, not professionally managed. Lesson learned.
Summer Vacation in Seaford
Very nice anf well equipped cottage. Everything as described. Ideally situated for beach and sea lovers (5 minutes walk). Morrison's supermarket just across the street. Ideal for a trip to London: only 5 minutes walk to the station. 1 1/2 hours trip by train to London Victoria Station. There were also always interesting activities in Seaford. We had such nice weather that we got a sunburn and could use the patio, which could be pimped a bit. Communication with the owner was oerfect. All in all we were very happy and can recommend this property.
Lovely place to stay, comfy beds and decent shower. Close to station, seafront and the bars, restaurants and shops. Ideal for a weekend away.
From the Owner
“I was living in West Sussex and I had friends in Seaford and was surprised how lovely it was when I visited them. One Sunday, after a very nice lunch, we had a look at some properties and the rest is history!”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Seaford is very popular with Hikers who like to explore Seaford Head and the Stunning surrounding countryside.
There are 2 small theatres in Seaford. One Amateur Dramatics and The Barn Theatre where Comedy Acts on the London Circuit often attend.
Only 20 mins drive from Glyndebourne.
There is also a Sailing Club if you like Sailing.
You can go fishing on Seaford Beach.
There is an Art Gallery at The Crypt.
3 Minutes walk from the beach, Seaford has a large sweeping pebble bay, with sand at lower tides. There is a sand area, close to a local Beach café, where children can play in the sand.
Seaford is a very natural bay and you will enjoy walking along the seafront and enjoying a good Coffee, Tea, Cakes, Bite to eat etc.
You can easily walk along to "Splash Point" where you will see a stunning view of the Chalk Cliffs of Seaford Head.
50 minutes drive from Gatwick Airport.
1.5 hours drive from Southampton / Eastleigh Airport / Portsmouth Harbour.
10 minutes drive from Newhaven Port.
30 minutes drive from Shoreham Airport.
3 minutes walk from the Railway Station and Bus Stops.
Use of a car is recommended to make the most of the surrounding areas if you are not a Walker / Hiker. There are two spaces at the property, or you can hire a car from Gatwick, Southampton, Eastbourne or Brighton Marina.
Brighton: 12.5 miles (25 minutes drive)
Eastbourne: 9.5 miles (20 minutes drive)
Lewes: 10.5 miles (16 mins drive)
East Dean and Friston Forest: 5.5 miles (11 minutes drive) - inc. Chalk Man.
Alfriston: 4 miles (10 minutes drive)
Gatwick Airport: 42.7 miles (50 minutes drive)
Portsmouth: 65.3 miles (1.5 hours drive)
Morrisons Supermarket is right opposite the house. There is also a Co-Op and Tesco Express in Seaford, and a large Sainsbury's in nearby Newhaven.
There is a very good restaurant called Ollivers in Seaford (booking recommended)
The Front Room is open 7 days a week and does lovely food all day and also on Friday and Saturday evenings (booking recommended ).
There are also other very nice cafes (Sea Salt, Pomegranates etc), Pubs etc.
The Golden Galleon Pub just out of Seaford towards Eastbourne is a good venue to eat as well.
Banks in Seaford: Lloyds TSB, Nat West, Barclays, HSBC, Halifax and Santander.
There is a Gym and Sports facilities in Seaford and this is twinned with the Eastbourne Club where there is a Pool.
There are 2 Theatres (see above)
Excellent Fish & Chip Shops as well
Useful Link: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Seaford,_East_Sussex
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
16 Dec 2016 - 3 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
To book, please call Korinne or email.
Payment accepted: Bank Transfer, PayPal (+4% fee) & Cheque. Credit/Debit Card payment via Owners Direct
An advance of 50% is required at time of booking to secure dates, with the balance payable at least 2 months before arrival.
A Security Deposit of £200 is also required against damages/missing items. If all is OK, this will be refunded within 21 days of departure.
Changeover Day will usually be at the weekend. However, this can be flexible, according to bookings.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“I love the Town, the beach and how accessible it is. There are some lovely little places to eat or have tea, coffee or a drink and so much to do and see in the area. For shopping, there are some nice shops in Seaford and for the larger stores, Eastbourne, Brighton and Lewes are nearby. There are very few self-catering places to stay in Seaford. If you would like to stay at mine, you will enjoy the location, the comfort and facilities. I hope you come and enjoy Seaford soon too!”
- Away From It All
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Library ...
- children welcome
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair inaccessible
- city centre
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- bird watching
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- bay fishing
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower
- Main bathroom has bath / shower over, sink and wc. Newly decorated, this is a light and functional room with large mirror and cabinet for toiletries. There is an additional wc with sink on the ground floor.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 is a large light and airy room with 1 double bed, hanging and drawer space, dressing table, desk and chairs. Bedroom 2 is a smaller double room, with Double bed (Orthopaedic Mattress - very comfortable), cupboard space, toy chest and chair.
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have recently had new carpets fitted through the stairway and politely ask you to remove outdoor shoes/boots and leave in the Entrance Hall downstairs. Ground floor:Entrance Hall with cloak/shoe Cupboard.. South-facing enclosed patio to the rear, with outside table, chairs and 2 sun chairs. There is a small utility room with washer / dryer and clothes airer. There is a toilet with sink on the ground floor. (There is a storage room here you walk through to reach the patio and utility room. The patio can also be reached via a passage to the rear when returning from the beach if you wish to use it) First Floor: Living Room, Kitchen and Bathroom. Second Floor: 2 bedrooms and airing cupboard. The Gas is included (within reason-summer months). Free Wi-Fi is provided. There is a key to pre-pay your electricity (Meter just outside front door). Top up at Co-Op. Security Deposit required for damage/missing & unpaid items. If all OK, this will be refunded within 14 days. Outside: There is a pleasant south-facing patio to the rear, with dining table, 4 chairs and 2 sun chairs. Ideal for barbecues. Whilst there is no barbecue, you can bring your own, or use disposable ones (on the patio floor). There is a gate to a passageway that you can use to go to the beach if you wish (provided you lock the patio doors). Utility Room: There is a small Utility Area with a Washer / Dryer and is close to the outside patio area on ground floor. There is a good rack for hanging out washing. (You will need to provide your own soap, fabric conditioner etc.) Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: There is Linen, Towels, Tea towels, Pillows, Duvets etc. You would be required to maintain / clean the property and do your laundry during your stay. There is a Cleaning and Laundry service on your departure to prepare the property for the next guests. Other: There is another room on the ground floor used as a storeroom by the owner but you can walk through this to the Patio and Utility Room.