Cottage in Kingsbridge, South Devon, England - Peaceful Location Part Of The High House Farm Estate. 150m From Estuary And 15 Minute Walk Into Town
Located in the heart on the South Hams at the head of the Kingsbridge and Salcombe estuary. Just 150 m from Bowcombe Creek and the easy walks along foreshore road to bird spotting platform, Quay and old stone bridge. Kingsbridge town centre is a 15 minute walk over the field into town centre. High House Farm is a wonderful if not unique location for its tranquil setting and accessibility to the wider South Hams.
About the Owner
I live locally with my wife and two children and latest family member Tully our puppy as of May 2014 - Work full time but spend as much time as we can at High House.
From the Owner
“High House has been in the family for a number of years. More recently my brother and I have been steadily making improvements to the accommodation and wider estate. Otter cottage and High House is a wonderful if not unique place in the heart of the South Hams just a stones throw away from the Salcombe and Kingsbridge Estuary and a 15 minute walk across the fields and footpaths into Kingsbridge centre or the Crabshell Inn on the foreshore. It is just a short drive on one of the many exquisite beaches the South Hams has to offer (Bigbury, Bantham, Hope Cove, Thurlstone, Slapton, East Portlemouth to name a few.) the south west coast path and the many village with their unique local character including the bustling Salcombe just a short drive with its busy waterfront and designer outlets.”
Activity and Interests
Kingsbridge estuary at end of drive and High House point quay 5 minutes walk- Great for crabbing and swimming at high tide. Slapton sands and Torcross 10 minute drive. Salcombe and beaches by road 15 minutes although there is a daily seasonal ferry service to / from Salcombe and Kingsbridge.
You can walk across the field public footpath for a 15 minute walk to the centre of town - or Crabshell pub on the estuary - a great place of a drink and meal right on the waters edge or try one of the many restaurants in Kingsbridge town and enjoy a lovely walk home.
Nearest train station is Totnes approximately 20 minute drive
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
10 Sep 2016 - 17 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please contact owner.
All weekly prices are for full occupancy (4 people) - Note we offer discount for smaller parties (2 or 1 person). Saturday is the normal changeover day for weekly rentals. Short breaks can be taken out of July and August. Please note that our short break prices are based on a daily rate being the the weekly rate / 5 * times number of nights for a minimum of 3 nights. EG. weekly rate 550 = daily rate of 550/5 = £110 times minimum of 3 nights = £330. We offer discounts for low occupancy for 2 people or less.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“At High House you will get away from it all with the peace and tranquillity shared only with the sounds of wild birds and waders from the creek and resident sheep roaming the fields. You will have access to over 80 acres of farm land with amazing views down the estuary to Salcombe. The drive opens out directly onto the peaceful estuary road with Bowcombe creeks constantly changing views and wildlife. A 5 minute walk and you reach High House point and quay which is a local hotspot for crabbing and bridge jumping at high tide for the brave. On the Farm we maintain a large front Paddock stretching towards the creek with a small football pitch and two golf greens (putter and chippers available for your use.)”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Kitchen ...
- children welcome
- near the sea
- bird watching
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- One bathroom on the first floor with Bath and over bath electric shower
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 has a double bed with rural views. Bedroom two is a twin with two single beds.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Otter cottage opens out to a private garden with garden furniture and washing line. Parking for the cottage is in the car park behind the main house. From the cottage there is access to all the surrounding fields that form High House Farm estate and link to the many public footpaths with stunning views down the salcombe estuary and easy walk into town. We are sorry that we do not accept pets. Utility Room: The cottage has access to the shared laundry with washing machine and drier. Alos available are BBQ crab lines and beach equipment - including windbreaks buckets spades etc. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen is included in the rental. Guests should bring their own towels.