Cottage in Lonlay-l'Abbaye, Orne, Normandy, France - A Hidden Gem in Quiet Rural Location
Lovingly restored by its owners, the cottage lies in the heart of Normandy mid-way between Flers and the walled town of Domfront, close to the ancient village of Lonlay-l’Abbaye famed for its medieval abbey-church – and biscuits! Set in a stunning location with outstanding views, this luxurious home from home is the perfect place to unwind and relax. For families seeking fun and adventure a great day out can be found within the 7,000 acres of woods and forest around the spa town of Bagnoles-de-l’Orne (25 min drive), with over 250 kms of cycle, horse-riding and trail walks, golf course, lakeside kayaking and swimming. There’s also ‘velo rail-riding’, outdoor karting, canoeing, rock-climbing and boating nearby to provide fun for all the family.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Normandy D-Day beaches - 1 hour
Caen (Ouistreham) - 1 hour 15 min
Cherbourg - 1 hour 30 min
St Malo - 1 hour 30 min
Calais - 4 hours
Domfront - 8 min
Le Mans - 50 min
Mont St Michel - 1 hour 15 min
Normandy D-Day beaches - 1 hour
The village of Lonlay (5 min walk) has a charming local restaurant, two friendly bars, a supermarket, pharmacy and charcuterie. The biscuits of Lonlay-l'Abbaye are internationally famous and the tour of the biscoterie is not to be missed by either adults or children. Don't leave before stocking up!
Tennis courts are available locally. The beautiful medieval walled town of Domfront (8 min drive) has a wide choice of excellent restaurants and bars, excellent shops, several supermarkets, a bank and many other facilities.
- Booking Notes:
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
LOW SEASON (1 Oct - 30 April) excludes Christmas, New Year and Easter - please contact us for availability.
SHORT BREAKS: Long weekends and short stays are often available - please contact us for availability
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- First floor main bathroom with bath (inc. overhead shower), basin, heated towel rail and WC Ground floor bathroom with bath (inc. overhead shower), basin and heated towel rail Separate ground floor WC
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 7 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Master Bedroom: Huge first floor master bedroom with king-size double bed and beautiful vaulted ceiling Family Bedroom: First floor bedroom with king-size double bed and single bed. Stunning views Ground floor: Attractive third bedroom with double bed
- Golf ...
- Outside: The cottage has a large, enclosed lawn perfect for children, and the property is surrounded on all sides with stunning views. Garden furniture is on hand in which to unwind and relax at the end of the day. Ample parking for 3 cars. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Luxury linen, towels and five-star toiletries are all provided with a weekly cleaning and linen change included.