Farmhouse in Levice, Nr. Alba, Piedmont, Italy - Peaceful Location A Short Walk From The Picturesque Town Of Levice With A Local Shop And Restuarant
An inspired renovation 'La Cascina Matare' is a lovingly created countryside getaway. Enjoy world class views, savour spectacular red wines and fresh local produce.
About the Owner
We bought this house primarily as a home but living in Hong Kong we have limited use. We have twin babies and want to give them a taste of countryside living. We love the outdoor life whether it is playing outside in the garden, going for a hike or having a leisurely lunch on the terrace.
From the Owner
“The views and red wine are nothing short of spectacular. In fact UNESCO designated 'The Vineyard Landscape of Piedmont' World Heritage Status this year. Secluded but not remote; private but not isolated, in the countryside but not far from some very special towns; Alba, Asti, and Genoa are all within one hour. The Ligurian coast and Alpine ski resorts are around an hour away. Should you wish to combine your visit with a city break Cuneo airport, offers internal flights or take the Strada Principale to visit Turin and Milan.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
If wines are your speciality our location offers ease of access to the world famous and UNESCO designated 'Vineyards of Piemonte'. Our wine cantina also offers ample storage to keep your purchases in good condition.
About an hour from Savona beach
1hr 15 Genoa
1hr 45 Turin
2hr 30 Milan Milpensa (international)
45 mins Cuneo (internal flights)
45 mins Alba
20 mins Barolo
Walking distance to local village. Local large supermarket 15 minutes by car.
- Booking Notes:
20% deposit required on booking and the full payment 8 weeks prior to arrival.
Please contact owner
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“A short walk to the local village will offer you a gelateria, two restaurant/bars and a warm welcome. The fabulous position offers not only amazing views but all the land and space your little ones need to explore and run wild. Ideal for entertaining (and the odd glass of wine!) the courtyard and two terraces offer adults a more sophisticated outdoor retreat. An inspiring act of conservation the house has been lovingly restored and ancient stone walls carefully rebuilt. The house offers warm sanctuary in the Winter and cool spaces for the Summer. Unlike many other renovations this house has been renovated to the highest standard with underfloor heating throughout, wood burning stoves and an open fire.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Beautifully designed and brand new; 1 en-suite to the master bedroom with bath and in-bath shower 1 family bathroom with good size shower 1 w/c with toilet
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 adults or 2 adults, 2 child and 2 babies Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 huge master suite with en-suite and spectacular views over the valley Bedroom 2 Large double with 2 cots, and either 2 single or 1 double bed. Your choice. Bedroom 3 Large double with king size bed
- Ski & Snowboard ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: We have twins so we have everything to accommodate two babies. Outside: Private courtyard garden, three terraces (upper furnished for sunbathing, kitchen terrace for eating, and back terrace for a relaxing coffee) and 6 acres of natural woodland. The hayloft offers a shaded play area for hot Summer days. There is also a larger grassy flat area great for a game of football. Utility Room: Washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: An incredible service offered by our local dynamo and produce supplier. Cleaning once a week. Linen change and towels twice a week. Plus local bread, meat and cheese as well as local honey and wine. Other: Wine Cantina. A very special wine storage area. To keep your purchases in perfect condition.