Apartment in Edinburgh, Lothians, Scotland - Luxurious Accommodation With Private Parking Within Walking Distance of the Old Town
This is our lovely bright home when we are in Edinburgh. Fantastic 1st floor apartment recently constructed by one of Edinburgh's most respected builders to the highest standards as part of this redevelopment of a Victorian school originally constructed in 1882. The development Won the 2014 Herald "Best luxury home award for 2014 ! " The apartment benefits from your own private parking space and automatic entry/exit gates , a real bonus in a city ! It is a short stroll through the Meadows park to the Historic Old Town of Edinburgh or take one of the regular buses to all parts of this wonderful city. The property is accessed through a spacious well lit and carpeted communal entrance hall and stairs and has an entry phone system. The furnishings are all new and both modern and cosy at the same time as they have been bought to ensure our comfort when we stay there. All our bedding is top quality Egyptian cotton and the beds are new and wonderfully comfortable. In the immediate area is a lovely eclectic range of shops ( great health food ,greengrocers , wet fish , quality small supermarkets ), coffee shops, restaurants, pubs and some excellent takeaways to suit all tastes.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Sally Dickie
We love Scotland and my Scottish husband , Campbell , who has worked in some far flung parts of the world over the years, but has been working in Gibraltar for nearly 30 years has finally acceded to spending more time in Scotland whilst continuing to work in Gibraltar.
We have been coming to Scotland on a regular basis for the last few years and fell in love with Edinburgh ( he is from Glasgow ! ) This is our first step into living more of our lives in Scotland and , although we will not be there personally , we have very trusted people in Lynn and Gabor who will " meet and greet " you and assist you whenever they can.
Thanks for taking the time for looking at our Scottish home.
Please email me if I can be of any assistance.
Sally Dickie purchased this apartment in 2014
Why Sally Dickie chose Edinburgh
Close to everything !
A really vibrant community with lovely, friendly people and many great wee shops and restaurants.
Lots of parkland in the immediate area which has many events , picnicking , cafes , walking , cycle friendly and great views of Arthur's Seat to the East and the universities to the north.
Park your car in your own private space and explore the city on foot !
What makes this apartment unique
Able to walk everywhere but excellent bus services although my husband drives everywhere possible and the property benefits from its own private car parking space - a bonus in a city , easy links to the Edinburgh link road and the road systems to the south , west and north ,but even he is enjoying the lovely walks in and through the parks and into the Auld Toon.
Great yoga centre just round the corner.
Try the home crushed nut butters from the deli round the corner and the lovely breads ,veg and fruits.
Eddies fish shop deserves a mention as it supplies to restaurants all over Edinburgh - Get there early on a Saturday !
Try the Italian food from across the road and the owner playing stylish piano when not cooking ! - BYO wines.
(41 traveller reviews)
Wonderful home base in Edinburgh
We spent a week in and around Edinburgh and could not have found a better place to stay. The location was perfect for our needs and having the dedicated parking spot was so helpful as we had a rental car. The apartment was fully equipped and the extra touches were very much appreciated (e.g. robes, slippers, starter toiletries, and basic groceries). Sally was quick to respond to inquiries and made sure we had what we needed. A great experience all the way around. Thanks! Kathy/Jon
Great accommodation, comfortable, with warm welcome, great location for Edinburgh visit.
We enjoyed our stay. The apartment was tastefully decorated and comfortable. The warm welcome of fresh bread, tea and milk was most welcome after a day of travel. The location was also ideal for our visit to Edinburgh University- everything was within walking distance.
Great location and lovely apartment. Bathrobes and slippers were an added bonus. We would definitely return.
The master bedroom was advertised to have a fan, but the fan was non-functional and as a result the room became hot and had no air movement. Location was great. Private parking was a plus. Apartment was quite spacious and renovated with modern amenities. Would stay again.
Beautiful Apartment great location spotless had everything we could need would def come again
From the Owner
“Close to everything ! A really vibrant community with lovely, friendly people and many great wee shops and restaurants. Lots of parkland in the immediate area which has many events , picnicking , cafes , walking , cycle friendly and great views of Arthur's Seat to the East and the universities to the north. Park your car in your own private space and explore the city on foot !”
Activity and Interests
The coast can be reached quickly by car or train. There are numerous golf courses and coastal walks and the Kingdom of Fife is close by with it's lovely fishing villages and , of course , St Andrews , the home of golf.
Fly to Edinburgh airport and from there the new tram link will take you into the city centre as will the dedicated bus service and from there a short taxi ride will bring you to our apartment. The cost of a taxi from the airport to our apartment is slightly over £ 20 or hire a car and park it in your own private space. Waverly station is Edinburgh's mainline station which services the rest of the UK.
Edinburgh is a lovely wee city and you can walk most places from the apartment. Within easy reach by car or public transport is Glasgow and the towns and cities which guard the approaches to the Highlands and the border regions all of which are easily visited in a day trip.
Edinburgh has so many things to do that the best way to plan your trip is to purchase a guide book on Scotland or go on line and see what "wonders" can be seen and done in the fabulous city and country ( we do have guide and other interest books in the apartment )
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
14 Apr 2017 - 17 Jun 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
18 Jun 2017 - 31 Jul 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
1 Aug 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
4 Sep 2017 - 21 Dec 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
22 Dec 2017 - 7 Jan 2018
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£250|
£ 250 of the total cost on booking to secure reservation , the balance paid 6 weeks prior to arrival plus a £ 250 damage deposit for serious damage beyond fair wear and tear. This will be refunded in full when our local lady checks that everything is in order.
Cancellation within 8 weeks of arrival 20% charge , cancellation within 6 weeks of arrival 40% charge and cancellation within one week of arrival 100% charge. 100% damage deposit refund upon cancellation - travel insurance is recommended.
Changeover days are flexible but we appreciate your arrival between 3pm and 7pm and your departure before 11am BUT we will always try and accommodate if your travel arrangements make these timings impossible.
Notes on prices:
For stays of more than 14 days a 10% discount will be appled to the daily rate. For stay longer stays we can discuss a greater discount excluding The Festival period. Last minute bookings - funds must be cleared before access is given.
Payments by bank transfer only.
The £ 250 deposit against serious damage will be refunded within a day or so of your departure after the apartment being checked out.
We have an annual travel insurance cover us for our travels and we would recommend that you take out an insurance policy to cover you for the unexpected.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“Able to walk everywhere but excellent bus services although my husband drives everywhere possible and the property benefits from its own private car parking space - a bonus in a city , easy links to the Edinburgh link road and the road systems to the south , west and north ,but even he is enjoying the lovely walks in and through the parks and into the Auld Toon. Great yoga centre just round the corner. Try the home crushed nut butters from the deli round the corner and the lovely breads ,veg and fruits. Eddies fish shop deserves a mention as it supplies to restaurants all over Edinburgh - Get there early on a Saturday ! Try the Italian food from across the road and the owner playing stylish piano when not cooking ! - BYO wines.”
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Telephone ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Stereo ...
- wheelchair inaccessible ...
- city centre
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- pier fishing
- 104 m²
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Heated towel rail
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, En suite to main bedroom. Heated towel rail.
- Bathrobes for stays of 5 days and more are provided. Towelling slippers , small soap and mini bottles of shampoo and conditioner , body wash and lotion , large tube of toothpaste and showercap provided on arrival to reduce your packing.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, Can be made into two single beds.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: One double bedroom on mezzanine level with built in wardrobe and fully carpeted floors , this bedroom utilises borrowed light from the surrounding rooms through lovely fixed glazing panels. One other double or twin bedroom ( with a zip lock bed for either one king size bed or two single beds ) with built in wardrobe and fully carpeted floors. Both bedrooms are heated by radiators.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 4
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- Marchmont is quite laid back and very friendly , we love it as it benefits from being central but not too central , quiet but not too quiet ! It is our home away from home ! Easy access to the city and some great local places to eat or grab a bite , have a coffee or a drink and with the two parks on our doorstep we have all the outside space we could ever need. We love animals and have a dog and two cats but they stay in Spain when we visit and this sets the precedence so unfortunately we do not accept pets. We cannot increase the sleeping arrangements and this extends to cots. We want everyone who stays here to enjoy the space. The apartment is STRICTLY no smoking. We provide XL bathrobes for stays over 5 nights & towelling slippers along with starter pack toiletries of toothpaste , shampoo , conditioner , soap , body lotion and shower cap along with basic foodstuffs for a cup of tea/coffee when you arrive etc as we want our guests to maximise the comfort of our apartment and reduce your packing requirements ! Outside: Bruntsfield Links and The Meadows parks are a few minutes stroll away , have a game of putting or stretch out on the grass and watch the world go by. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Quality towelling is provided weekly or on changeover and the bedding is also changed on this basis. All the downstairs living area has wooden floors and the impressive sash windows can be easily opened with "café style" plantation shutters in the lounge/dining areas. ENJOY ! Check in 3 pm to 7 pm , check out 11 am