South Cerney, The Cotswolds, Gloucestershire, England - Contemporary Scandinavian Holiday Lodge In A Waterside Location With Views Across Lake Pochard
Iris lodge at lake pochard provides a wonderful relaxing setting for a weekend break or holiday.
We are proud of our highly acclaimed 5* reviews and do our utmost to help our guests with help and information.
Location is a haven for nature lovers and the adventurous.
This wonderful setting provides the perfect location to relax and unwind.
There are numerous walk and cycle routes to suit all levels. The lodge is well located for the many water sports available.
This small development of high specification scandanavian lodges are located on the Cotswold Water Park, which consists of 133 lakes covering an area of 40 square miles within Gloucestershire and Wiltshire countryside, is 5 miles south of the delightful old Roman town of Cirencester.
Stylishly designed & furnished this is an ideal base to enjoy & explore the delights of the Cotswolds and the Cotswold Water Park.
On site fishing - well stocked lakes & idyllic rural setting • Fishing in the Match Lake • Fishing in the Specimen Carp Lake
• Pet friendly -No charge for guide dogs • Flexible short breaks available outside school holidays • Many watersports locally - canoeing, water ski, sailing, paddleboarding, powerboats, kayak etc
There is also a man made beach nearby. This has an array of facilities which include boat hire, adventure playground, volleyball and BBQ hire
Wonderful nature reserves are on your doorstep.
Numerous cycling & walking trails which include the Thames path (source of the thames) and the historic severn and thames canal.
Horse riding and 3 golf courses within 5 miles makes the lodge central to the many attractions nearby.
For those indoor days I would recommend The Corinium Museum in Cirencester
Located 3miles away Cricklade has a sports centre which includes large indoor pool and racquet sports hire
Swindon has two large sport centres for which you can easily spend a whole day.
Oasis leisure centre has many facilities, of which includes a large pool with slides .www.oasisleisure.co.uk 01793 517110
Link centre facilities includes a large 'olympic' style pool and Ice skating
www.leisureinswindon.co.uk 01793 445566
Waterside Cafe - open 7 days a week (on site) • Free internet access at the on-site cafe • The lodge is wheelchair accessible.
The lodge is spacious and very well insulated. it has been furnished and equipped to a high standard.
Wireless wi-fi (subject to coverage) is now available in our lodge
The recently installed wood burner provides comfort and style to the lodge.
There is a large verandar with a large gas BBQ looking over the lake .
A great location to stay relax and enjoy the beautiful rural surroundings, explore the area and enjoy visiting Cirecencester and the many beautiful Cotswold villages close by.
The excellent water clarity within Lake Pochard allows a special weed to grow which attracts large number of diving ducks called ‘Pochard’ amongst many other breeds of ducks, geese, waterfowl, kingfishers, and birds of prey.
** New woodburner is installed ready for the New Year**
Top Traveller Review
A perfect weekend retreat.
About the Owner
I am fairly Local to South Cerney and therefore know the area well
To help you in your stay, I am happy to provide information and offer advise on the many activities and places of interest that the lakes and surrounding areas will offer you
Happy to meet or call in when staying at the lodge if required?
Guestbook comments from the owner
Great lodge in Idyllic location - Neil from Sunderland July 2014
A wonderful cabin - Kim from Swindon July 2014
Beautiful log cabin - Jessica from London June 2014
4.9 based on 15 holidaymaker reviews
A perfect weekend retreat.
This was our first visit to the Cotswolds and we couldn't have chosen a more perfect setting. A wonderful lodge, beautifully presented and equipped and spotlessly clean. We found lots of cycle routes and walks and even fitted in a visit to Cirencester. We enjoyed a BBQ on the terrace and the home comfort of the wood burner finished the evenings off perfectly. The owners had been very helpful from the start with emails and helpful hints and they had left lots of local information in the lodge. We stayed for 2 nights with our children, aged 11 and 7, and wish it could have been for longer. We would definitely like to return soon.
A lovely property set in calm surroundings
Our second visit, and hopefully not our last. My husband and I visited with our 2 daughters (15 and 12). The property is comfortable, love the fire and great view. Straight out onto our bikes, or walking. So many lovely routes. Also good for teenage activities - watersports, clay pigeon shooting and paintballing we have tried. Next time archery! Lots of good local pubs and a couple of take aways if you don't fancy cooking. Steve - super helpful - thank you!
Amazing! Totally perfect
My husband and I have just come home from a perfect anniversary weekend at this gorgeous lodge. The owner Steve is very helpful and the lodge is exceptionally clean and well equipped. Everything has been thought of and we were very impressed. The log burner is a lovely touch for cosy nights in. We took our cocker spaniel with us and enjoyed hours of relaxing walks in this beautiful place. There are many pubs for good food locally but I'd advise to book. We had Sunday lunch at The George which was 5 minutes away and it was very nice. We will definitely be returning in the near future!
end to our hard working summer
our first impression as we drove into the Water park and saw Iris was omg! what a beautiful location and when we met Steve and went inside to the Lodge it was amazing really 5 star, clean and well equipped a home from home.
Steve was so helpful went thorough where to go and where to eat and places which gave good value for money. we have to whippets so he went through great walks which were spot on and our dogs had a great time as did we the beds and furniture in the lodge was very very comfortable a great nights sleep and the bedding cool crisp and white cotton superb! we will be going back again to this fantastic place and if you want a great break with a great host then this is the place to stay thank you Steve so very much Nikki and Gary Leeds and family Ace and Gem
Myself and my partner, two friends and our pug had a wonderful time at this gorgeous lodge. Beautiful and peaceful setting and a very reasonable price. It was also extremely clean and well-maintained. Steve was extremely helpful when we arrived and was able to recommend local pubs and lovely walks. My partner left behind some clothes, which Steve very kindly returned to us, which we really appreciated! Would definitely recommend this lodge to anyone looking for a great short break.
Lovely lodge in beautiful and peaceful location
We have just returned from a perfect weekend away in this wonderful lodge. The lodge was spotless, comfortable and had everything you may need including a large BBQ on the deck, which overlooks a charming lake. It is also dog friendly which was a bonus for us. The owner, Steve, was very friendly and helpful and gave us excellent recommendations on where to go and what to do in the area. The surroundings are beautiful and ideal for long walks.
We would highly recommend and we will definitely return soon.
From the Owner
“This property provides a fantastic balance of relaxation with an array of activities right on your doorstep Located at Cotswold lakes, you can cycle, fish,sail, jet ski etc or utilise the many well signposted walkways at your leisure. The wonderful 'Roman' town of Cirencester is just 5 mins by car. Thames path (source of the thames) is just minutes away”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The area is rich with fishing options throughout, from river fishing in the Thames, coarse fishing, specimen carp lake fishing to fly fishing for trout there is something for everyone from the novice to expert. The many different fisheries offer day tickets and club membership facilities. The Tackle Den fishing specialists will help ensure you have all the right equipment and bait to enjoy your day.
Water sports courses with walking distance include
Paintballing 1 mile away
There is a lake beach just 2 miles away
This is a man made beach area, has an adventure playground, lakeside walks, peddalow, rowing boats,kayak hire,paddle boarding,crazy golf,volley ball nets and BBQ's on site
Bristol Airport 45 miles
Portsmouth ferry terminal 75 miles
Heathrow/London 85 miles
Cirencester 5 miles
Fairford Air base 4 miles
Bibury 8 miles
Burford 10 miles
Cheltenham 15 miles
The Cotswold Water Park - One of the fastest growing tourist areas in the UK, the Cotswold Water Park has for a long time been kept as a best kept secret and it seems that the secret is now out and is now becoming a major tourist destination! South of Cirencester and north of Swindon the Cotswold Water Park covers just over 40 square miles. The whole area which is made up of 150 different lakes, a series of lovely old Cotswold villages, the infant Thames is a haven for a wonderful array of wildlife and leisure activities.
• 150 different lakes
• Created from over 50 years of limestone extraction
• Covering 14 different villages
• 150 km of pathways, bridleways and cycle paths
• 74 different fishing lakes – many stocked with specimen fish
• 10 lakes specified as ‘Sites of Special Scientific Interest’ (SSSI)
• Home to over 20,000 waterbirds
• Range of protected Nature Reserves
• Great selection of lakeside holiday cottages and lodges
• Wonderful choice of watersports and activities
• Excellent carp and course fishing at Lake Pochard
• Fishing in the Match Lake - Tickets available on site.
• Fishing in the Specimen Carp Lake (which the lodges overlook) - Tickets available on site.
• Please note: there is no fishing permitted directly in front of each lodge however there are plenty of other fishing opportunities available at all other points around the lake
• The Waterside Cafe is open from 7am until late, 7 days a week during the Summer and from 7:30am to 4:30pm, 7 days a week in the Winter. The cafe has a wide range of home cooked meals, vegetarian options and home-made cakes.
• There is also a tackle shop within the The Waterside Cafe with a small selection of fishing tackle and bait suitable for on-site fishing
• Many good restaurants & country pubs close by
• 'Tesco and Waitrose Cirencester is 5 miles away
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Nov 2016 - 22 Dec 2016
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Xmas and new year
23 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
• 25% Deposit is required on booking, balance is due 8 weeks beforehand
• Electricity is included in price
• Cot & High chair available
• All duvets, linen bath towels are provided
• Pet Friendly - No charge for guide dogs
• No Smoking please
• Weekly breaks - Flexible on start days
• Short breaks available all year round - Fri/Mon start days
• Groups of single sex parties accepted if pre-arranged
Short breaks Mon-Fr or Fri-Mon
We do our best to offer flexibility
Please let us know what your holiday stay duration is and we will do our best to accomodate you.
Check in time is normally 2pm with departure by 10.00am.
Notes on prices:
• All lodges have been adapted for wheelchair access (extra wide doors & spacious bathrooms)
• Hire of manual wheelchair available - £15 per week (please advise in advance)
Payment terms: 25% deposit required when booking is made, followed by balance 8 weeks before the first day of your booking.
Standard terms 25% deposit with remainder payable 8 weeks prior to arrival (unless agreed otherwise)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Beautiful views from the spacious veranda overlooks the lake You can have a barbecue and drinks whilst looking out at the many varied species of ducks and birds. it really is a great setting. Great winter setting with the wood burner roaring!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player ...
- Games ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- children welcome
- pets considered
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- water parks
- bird watching
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- fly fishing
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- water skiing
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Family bathroom - bath & shower attachment, W/C, wash basin Heated thermastatic towel rail
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 1 double & 1 twin bedded room Fitted with black out blinds and curtains Wardrobes and further storage space High quality bedding and linen Travel cots if required
- Bicycles ...
- Golf ...
- Kayak / Canoe ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
- Water Sports Gear ...
- 1 bicycles
- Notes on accommodation: Detached property Excellent installation Wood burner and panel heaters source of heating In house wi-fi and free wi-fi is available at the on site at Waterside cafe some 3 minutes walk away Outside: Doors leading out to furnished verandah overlooking lake Outdoor grass area in front of the lodge allows you to play ball games, cricket badminton etc There is no fishing permitted directly in front of each lodge however there are plenty of other fishing opportunities available at all other points around the lake Utility Room: Utility cupboard and storage space Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen, duvets and towels provided Beds made up for your arrival Gas for BBQ Other: Electricity included, double glazed and centrally heated Cots and high chairs - £10 / week & £5 / short break Pets £10 (max 2) No charge guide dogs