Cottage in Alfriston, Sussex, England - In The Heart Of Peaceful Downland Setting, Close To Glyndebourne And Only Five Miles From The Sea
The cottage is one of the many historic buildings in Alfriston that includes the C14th Clergy House on the Tye (or village green) which was the first property acquired by the newly-formed National Trust in 1896. The small market square is a stone's throw from the front door and it is only a few more yards to the South Downs Way that drops down from the Downs to cut across the High Street. There are a number historic pubs in the village, including The Smugglers and the George, which recorded its first licence transfer around 1380. The cottage itself is well-equipped and has a four-star rating under the Visit Britain Quality Assurance scheme.
About the Owner
I am a solicitor in private practice living in Hertfordshire. I first began letting a holiday home in the Lake District in 2000.
Armed with that experience, I set about achieving a similar four star standard in Italy. It was important to make sure there were new, comfortable beds and a well-equipped kitchen such as we would want for ourselves.
I am interested in old properties and enjoy travelling within Europe. It is always a pleasure to arrive at Naples Airport and drive down to Laureana. In the summer there may be people enjoying live music in the little piazza.
Outside the summer months the area has a character of its own. I have swum in the sea in October. In winter I can enjoy a meal in front of an open fire in a local pizzeria, or see the sights when they are quiet.
Guestbook comments from the owner
"Couldn't have been happier with this delightful cottage in the heart of Alfriston. A charming, cosy base for our walks in the countryside."
Activity and Interests
Five miles to the coast
Gatwick Airport and Newhaven ferry terminal
Lewes 8 miles, Eastbourne 8 miles, Glyndebourne 6 miles, Brighton 15 miles
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 1 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
We ask for a 25% deposit on booking with the balance payable one month before the beginning of your stay
Saturday is the normal changeover day, although we try to be flexible in the winter months when we also offer short breaks
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom one has a WC, washbasin and shower Bathroom two has a WC, washbasin and small bath
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom one has a standard double bed Bedroom two has two three-foot single beds
- Outside: There is a sheltered back garden that is ideal for eating out of doors or simply relaxing. There is a bench, a table and two hardwood reclining chairs, along with a barbecue. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and tea towels are supplied and the cottage is cleaned on a weekly basis between lets.