Cottage in Gros, Nr. Neuvéglise, Cantal, Auvergne, France - Peaceful And Private Location In Large Garden Yet In The Heart Of The Hamlet
A beautifully converted Bergerie offering comfortable accommodation for up to eight people. Maison Erica is situated in a large garden at the heart of this authentic hamlet of Gros. There is a private pool and attractive pool house ( converted pig house) which contains a high quality sauna. The garden is large and flat with plenty of room for games and there is a very nice terrace to enjoy a barbecue. Gros is approximately 5km from Neuveglise where there is a baker, butcher and convenience store. St. Flour, an historic market town, is approximately 20 km away with a good selection of supermarkets and shops. There are a number of attractive villages within a short driving distance and many ancient volcanoes to visit. This house is located in a very traditional part of France, with very few British tourists and offers extensive walking, hiking, cycling, fishing and other outdoor pursuits. The Mediterranean is approximately a 2.5 hours drive away.
About the Owner
About Jeremy Smith
We have owned Maison Erica since September 2007, we bought it from a dutch couple that had lovingly restored it from a sheep barn (bergerie).
The hamlet of Gros is small but very well looked after, the Auvergne is an agriculturally rich area, the cows always look incredibly healthy. We love the fact that you can hear the cow bells at milking time.
Cantal has a fantastic variety of birds including some large birds of prey and the Aubrac area, just to the south east, is lovely too with limestone hills, pretty villages and fantastic flora.
We are a family of five with one well behaved Golden Retriever called Alfie which we occasionally take for summer holidays. We visit Gros most years in May and September when it is not rented.
Jeremy Smith purchased this cottage in 2007
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Gros is situated very close to the Lac du Barrage de Grandval with very good boating and fishing facilities. There is also canoeing and other outward bound pursuits available within 5 miles of the house.
Gros is not a coastal location, however, you can reach the Mediterranean beaches in around 2.5 hours.
Rodez Airport: 75 mins
Clermont-Ferrand Airport: 75 mins
Montpellier: 150 mins
Approximately 7 hours driving time from Channel Ports (Calais).
This is a rural location and the use of a car is essential.
Located in the heart of Gros which is a hamlet of approximately 50 inhabitants.
5km to Neuveglise with convenience store, baker, butcher and tennis courts.
20km to St Flour with variety of supermarkets, shops and restaurants.
This is a French speaking region of France and our guardian and cleaner speak only French (but are very friendly).
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
22 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
Changeover Day: Saturday
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Change Over & Clean||£145|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
Reservation deposit £150 which becomes the security deposit and is returned within 14 days of departure.
50% of Rental 60 days before arrival
50% of Rental 30 days before arrival
Late Bookings (within 30 days of arrival): Full payment of Rental and Deposit with reservation.
Changeover day is Saturday.
Arrival between 2pm and 6pm - you will be greeted by the guardian.
(for later arrivals there is a key lock-box).
Departures by 10am please.
Notes on prices:
Please contact us for short break prices.
Please contact us to discuss Ski bookings (Dec-Apr).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Books ...
- DVD Player
- Games ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- bird watching
- horse riding
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- mountain biking
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- Upstairs bathroom with shower and wash basin. Upstairs toilet. Downstairs bathroom with shower and wash basin.
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 8
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 8 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with Super Kingsize bed, 2 single beds each with roll-away under-beds. Wash basin. Bedroom 2 with Kingsize bed and wash basin. Bedroom 3 with Double bed and wash basin.
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: This house is located in a very pretty hamlet in a traditional region of France. You will get plenty of opportunity to practice your french as very few locals speak English! If you like the outdoor life and are looking for something genuinely french then look no further. WiFi: We now have WiFi :) care of Orange.fr Outside: There is a large flat garden with lovely far reaching hill views. There is a heated swimming pool and pool house with changing facilities, sauna, shower and wash basin. The pool is not large (approx. 8m x 4m) but does have "swim against" system installed. Utility Room: Washing Machine, vacuum cleaner and general cleaning equipment. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: We supply one set of towels per person per week (1 bath towel, 1 hand towel, 1 swim towel). Bed linen is provided. Cleaning costs are included at the end of the week based on the house being left in reasonable order. Other: There is a pool house adjacent to the private pool (converted from an old stone pig shed) which contains a high quality sauna, cold shower, wc and wash-basin.