Five Bedroom Period Villa Self-catering Rental,5 Mins Walk To Sandy Beach,Town Shops, Restaurants. Sleeps 10+cot. 1930's House, Meschers, Nr. Royan
Period 1930's villa, at Meschers, near Royan. Spend your family holiday at the seaside. The Atlantic coast's sandy beaches are only five minutes stroll away, as is the town centre for all your self-catering needs.
At Meschers you can buy fresh crossiants for your breakfast or walk to restaurants, bars (over 20 within 20 minutes walk) shops, supermarket, fresh produce market and pleasure/working port.
Our house is ideal for all the family, large and small - even teenage guests have been impressed! Brightly decorated with some '30's period furniture, but with the family in mind.
Wifi. Kid's TV/play room, with UK and French TV channels, games and DVD player. Second lounge/dining room, 2 bathrooms and toilets. Equipped kitchen and breakfast room. 12 seater table under covered patio for BBQ and al fresco eating, relax whilst the children play in the large safe garden, with mature fruit trees. Off street parking.
Five bedrooms (2 doubles, 2 singles, one family, cots available), one with romantic balcony for a starlit drink. See below for some ideas as there is lots to do and see in the area and further afield. That's if you wish to do anything more that relax in the garden with a chilled glass of Pineau, and a shrimp (or mussel) on the BBQ!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
Hi, our names are Shelley and Carl. We bought Rose Mousse in 2002, just after we'd moved permanently to France with our, then, young children.We did the renovation ourselves, using our skills in building and renovation. We also used to own two successful antique/collectable shops in London, so have an eye for vintage furniture and decoration. Since then we have done up and rented other properties, with another house here at Meschers.
We are now in our 11th successful season, and still really enjoy meeting guests.
Guestbook comments from the owner
We wanted a large house, near the beach and village for our 3 young children (7, 5 and 2). Rose Mousse definitely ticks all these boxes. There is plenty of room inside and out and the owner has made a huge effort to ensure many mod cons are available. Notwithstanding this, the property retains a certain period, almost rustic charm.
The owner is very attentive and accommodating but without being intrusive.
Meschers village is an easy walk away and although small has a decent supermarket, shops, restauarants and markets. The port also has a number of nice restaurants.
We enjoyed being in the house - appreciated the 1930s detail and spaciousness. We had 4 young adults and ourselves and everyone had enough space and shops and cafes were in easy walking distance - 3 boulangeries also for breakfast and less than 5 minutes to the beach or SuperU on foot. The beach is lovely and sandy with rocky cliffs at each end. Great location and we would recommend it.
2 holidaymaker reviews
Very friendly and helpful owner met us on arrival. Large house was clean and had all equipment we needed. Large, walled garden meant we could let the children play outside without worry. Parking right outside or to rear in garden if desired. Lovely beach is 5 mins away in one direction and the town centre 5-10 mins away in the other. Super U on the way into town centre. La Rochelle airport close by and Royan nearby.
We spent a happy week here, 2 families, age ranging from 8 to 81 years old. This house was ideal with its close proximity to a lovely sandy quiet beach, town (Meschers is charming with market, port and shops), and the locals who were relaxed, friendly and patient as we practised our French. Rose Mousse has a spacious garden, great for the kids with shaded areas, and nice to have a choice of places to dine, 8 of us fit comfortably around the table in the conservatory off the small kitchen, in the dining room and at the large table outside. The house has lots of traditional character, and was clean and tidy, more like a home from home than a posh residence. Would definitely stay there again. Thanks also to Shelley who went out of her way to make us welcome and answer our questions.
From the Owner
“We love Meschers as it is a small town by the sea. Everything is easily accessible on foot - the beach, shops, bars, restaurants, supermarket, pleasure port and fresh produce market. Lovely large safe garden to relax in, the house is spacious without being rambling. It is a great base for exploring the area too, there is so much to see and do if you want to go out and about. If not, it's a lovely part of the world to wander - pine forests, cave dwellings in the cliff face, or just sit, relax and let the world go by. Easy access by road (A10 motorway is 30mins away), Bordeaux and La Rochelle airports.”
Activity and Interests
Rose Mousse is five minutes easy walk to the seaside and beautiful sandy beaches of the Atlantic coast. No long car journey, enjoy the beach whenever you want to, swim in the sea, build sandcastles, sunbathing, rock pooling. You can take sailing lessons and there are two beach bar/restaurants, often with live music in the evenings.
Sailing lessons, nearby jetski hire.
Cote Sauvage about 30 minutes drive, for surfing etc.
Royan and St Georges de Didonne, 10 minutes drive or cycle lanes
A car is not essential at Rose Mousse. Car hire is available from the supermarket or at Royan. Local buses go to Royan, La Palmyre etc. Trains from Royan.
AIRPORTS - La Rochelle: 56 Miles, Bordeaux: 75 miles, Poitiers: 115 miles
Nearest FERRY - St Malo: 251 Miles
Nearest TRAIN - Royan: 7 Miles
Nearest MOTORWAY - Saintes: 30 Miles
At Meschers: pleasure port, boat rides, fishing, sailing lessons, kid's beach club, bowing alley with play area, pine forests walks, cycle lanes, tennis courts. Leave the car, plenty to do on foot or using local buses. A short drive for surfing, windsurf, horse riding, tree adventure park, paintball, quad bike hire, karting,vineyard visits and more beaches. Indoor swimming pools at Saujon and Royan, indoor and outdoor swimming pool complex at Saintes, heated sea water swimming pool at Royan.
The interesting town of Royan is a 10 minute drive (train station). The zoo at La Palmyre, golf and 'la cote savage' (wild coast) are within half an hour's drive. Days out to chic La Rochelle, Cognac distilleries, Romanesque Saintes, Bordeaux vineyards and shopping, Venise Verte for punting, fantastic Futurascope near Poitiers or Puy de Fou theme park.
Along with all the other shops and banks there is a tourist office at Meschers and up to date tourist info at the house.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Jan- end April
7 Jan 2017 - 28 Apr 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
May - 7 July 2017
29 Apr 2017 - 7 Jul 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
8 Jul 2017 - 1 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Provided free of charge - Wifi, bathmats, pillow cases, mattress protectors, tea towels, cleaning products, dishwasher tablets. Electricity,heating, water, gas bottle. On request - cots and high chairs.
Linen and towels can be hired at the time of booking.
Cleaning fee - 80€
Pets considered out of season
Saturday changeover in July and August, flexible out of high season.
Arrival after 4pm, departure before 10am.
Notes on prices:
Off season 6 persons or less discounts.
We suggest that you take out appropriate holiday insurance.
A refund will be made if the cancelled holiday can be rebooked. Any last minute price reduction will be deducted before a refund is made.
Cleaning can be paid for on arrival (80€).
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 0% refund for cancellations more than 0 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Spacious house and garden. No long hot car journey, enjoy the beach when you want, great for relaxing, playing, sailing, jet skis etc. available to hire either at Meschers or at nearby St Georges de Didonne. Walk down to a local restaurant, or get BBQ provisions from the market or supermarket. Relax in the garden or go out and about.”
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Internet ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Oven ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Refrigerator ...
- Hob ...
- Toaster ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- children welcome ...
- non smoking only ...
- pets considered ...
- wheelchair inaccessible
- near the sea
- botanical garden
- live theatre
- recreation centre
- theme parks
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- pier fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- 136 m²
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Hot water boilers on 24/7
- Bathroom 2 - Bath with Shower, Hot water on 24/7
- Both bathrooms have baths, great for kids. Hot water heaters (2) on 24/7. Both toilets are downstairs. Bathroom 1 : Toilet, Bath with Shower, downstairs Bathroom 2 : Bath with Shower, upstairs - no upstairs toilet Towels can be hired. Bath mats included.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Double Bed, With balcony
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Double Bed, Double bedroom with balcony and sink. Cot if required.
- Bedroom 4 - 1 Single Bed, Access through family room
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Single Bed, Access through family room
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, Family room, dbl + 1 bunkbeds. Access to single rooms.
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Max 12. Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 : 1 antique double bed, sink, balcony Bedroom 2 : 1 antique double bed, balcony Bedroom 3 : 1 Double Bed, bunk beds Bedroom 4 : 1 Single Bed Bedroom 5 : 1 Single Bed Possible to use the tv room as a 6th bedroom, double sofa bed. NB you need to walk through the family room to access the 2 single bedrooms Linen can be hired. Duvets, pillows, with cases included.
- Balcony ...
- Terrace ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Veranda ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Tea towels, bathmats, duvets, pillow and cases, cleaning products are provided. Good quality double sofa bed in the TV room. This can be used as a 6th bedroom if required or if mobility is a problem - toilets and bathroom downstairs. Free Wifi Car and bicycle rental available at the Super U supermarket, 5mins walk. We maybe able to arrange to collect you from La Rochelle airport, if not we can arrange for taxis and help with car hire. Just ask us for any extra requirements you may have - we will always try and help. Outside: Large secured garden with fruit trees and lockable gates. Covered terrace eating area with large table and 14 garden chairs. Big bbq. Sun loungers, alley way can be used for boules - provided. Beach and garden toys. Utility Room: Washing machine in the basement. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Duvets, pillows and pillowcases are provided. Linen for hire £4 single/cot. £5 double. Beds will be made up for your arrival. Set of 3 towels, 1 hand, 1 beach 1 bath £6 per set. House will be cleaned for your arrival. Cleaning products provided.As per the booking conditions, you are required to leave the house in the same clean and tidy condition as you found it. Or subscribe to cleaning service - £75 Other: Large, lockable basement for your bikes, surfboards etc.