Cottage in Mosset, Nr. Prades, Pyrenees Orientales, Languedoc-Roussillon, France - Panoramic Views, Supermarket And Restaurant In Village. Thermal Baths On A Few Minutes Drive
Maison Amandier is located in a quiet cul-de-sac and is semi-detached. The adjoining property is almost never occupied, which ensures that Maison Amandier is nice and quiet. As the house has 3 free sides with many windows it is clear and sunny.
Living kitchen: you enter the house in the large and modern living kitchen with a ceramic (electrical) cooking place, oven, extractor, dish washer, fridge, micro wave, modern kitchen equipment (with croque monsieur apparatus, Philips Senseo coffee machine, squeezer, mixer, toaster), old table with 4 chairs, antique cupboard, wood stove.
From the kitchen you can enter the hall way which has a hat- and coat stand and a mirror.
From this hall way you have 3 options:
The Bathroom: a bath (with shower facilities), wash-bowl, washing machine, drying facilities, hair dryer and a chair. Cleaning devises, vacuum cleaner, iron and ironing board are available. The Toilet with fountain.
The Master Bedroom: equipped with a double bed (2 x 80cm x 200cm) with 2 wellness mattresses on 2 flexible bases, 2 duvets and 4 pillows (2 hard and 2 soft), 2 bedside cabinets with each a reading lamp, electric fan, a chair, a ward robe, an alarm clock.
Living room with two benches, 2 relax chairs, flat screen TV with satellite connection, DVD-player (with a selection DVD’s for use by guests), radio/CD player, reading lamp.
In a separate part you will find an escritoire with a chair to work or write.
Balcony with bistro table and 2 chairs, with scenic views over the Castellane valley and the Mont Canigou.
A 2nd bedroom with 2 separate beds (both 90 x 200cm, each in a corner) with 2 bedside cabinets with each a reading lamp, an antique ward robe. 5th bed available.
- Free WIFI in the house.
- Electrical heaters and fire alarm in all rooms.
- Unloading your car (when normal sized) is possible in front of the house.
- Parking on 30 metres.
- The village offers a restaurant, supermarket (with bakery), sporting area, a play yard and a jeu de boules field. Jeu de Boules set is available.
- Mosset is passed by the river Castellane, which offers a ‘cool down’ possibility in the summer.
- Maison Amandier is a non smoking house.
Up to 45 minutes drive you can visit:
- Medieval villages, castles, abbeys.
- The lake of Vinça (swimming!).
- The lively city of Prades (15 min) with restaurants and shops.
- The station of the yellow train, the highest and longest mountain train in France.
- The stalactite caves of Villefranche.
- The fortress of Liberia (Vauban architecture, UNESCO).
- The thermal Bath of Molitg les Bains (on 5 minutes).
- The geological monument of Ille sur Tête (the Chimneys of Fairy).
- Many sporting facilities, like canoeing, wild water rafting, horse riding, accompanied nature hike.
About the Owner
I am Dutch with a life long passion for France. I fell in love with the Pyrénées-Orientales during a vacation and bought Maison Amandier as a ruin. The view just knocked me down.
This view and the medieval village of Mosset were (and stil are) so very inspiring that I wrote a literary thriller that is set in Mosset. This thriller (named 'A Free View') was released in November 2013. In May 2014 I received the highest grade on the Dutch Crimezone Forum ever given to a Dutch author. Moreover my book (A Free View) was nominated for 3 thriller awards in the Netherlands.
At this moment I am working on my 2nd thriller, called 'The File'.
From the Owner
“It was a 'Coup de Foudre' like the French say. An emotional decision taken during a vacation, without a lot of considering. It turned out to be my best impulsive action ever. As my beloved Pyrénées-Orientales have ALL under the Catalunian sun: mountains, sea, wine, fruit, welcoming residents, a long history, culture, art, great food, and the best climate of France with 300 days of sunshine.”
Activity and Interests
45 minutes drive to beach. 20 minutes drive to the lake (with beach) of Vinça.
Perpignan Airport 45 minutes
Girona Costa Brava Airport 1 hour and 45 minutes
Up to 45 minutes drive you van visit:
• Medieval villages, castles, abbeys
• The lake of Vinça (swimming!)
• The lively city of Prades (15 min) with restaurants and shops
• The station of the yellow train, the highest and longest mountain train in France
• The stalactite caves of Villefranche
• The fortress of Liberia (Vauban architecture, UNESCO)
• The thermal Bath of Molitg les Bains
• The geological monument of Ille sur Tête (the Chimneys of Fairy)
Supermarket and restaurant are in the village of Mosset.
Large hyper-supermarkets and a large offer of restaurants, banks, hospital are on 15 minutes in the city of Prades. Here is also a regional weekly market on Tuesday and biological market on Saturday.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
29 Oct 2016 - 16 Dec 2016
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
17 Dec 2016 - 6 Jan 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Deposit is € 150
25% down payment at booking. Remaining amount is to be paid 8 weeks prior to arrival.
During summer: Saturday
Off season: every day of the week
Notes on prices:
-> Cleaning costs € 60: these cleaning costs are per stay. So not per week. To be paid cash in € at arrival.
-> Electricity € 0,30 per kWh: the costs for the use of electricity are also excluded. These are charged by use at € 0,30 per kWh. From April to November these costs usually will be quite low as one will ot be needing the heaters. The meter is taken at arrival and again at departure. Guest pay the difference cash in € at departure.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“It is my little corner of paradise where I can make long walks, have a beach visit, go to the loverly regional market in Prades, sit on my balcony and watch the stars... So I enjoy the simple life while I am in my home in France.”
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bath room on ground floor with window for fresh air, with bath-tub (with shower facilities), wash-bowl, washing machine, drying facilities, hair dryer and a chair. The toilet is in a separate room with window and fountain.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 5
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 5 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: -> Bed room ground floor: 1 double bed with 2 wellness mattresses of 80 x 200 cm each on 2 flexible bases with 2 duvets and 4 pillows (2 hard and 2 soft) -> Bedroom 1st floor: has 2 beds on 90 x 200cm each. Plus a holiday bed
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Outside: Balcony with bistro table and 2 chairs, with scenic views over the Castellane valley and the Mont Canigou. The village has gardens and places with outdoor furniture. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The rental of linen (beds made up at arrival and towels for the bathroom and kitchen) is possible at € 10 per person. Cleaning service is available. Other: Balcony with bistro table and 2 chairs, with scenic views over the Castellane valley and the Mont Canigou.