Apartment in Albufeira, Central Algarve, Portugal - Close To All Amenities.Oura Beach On Your Doorstep.Famous "Strip" 5min Walk
2 bedrooms, 1 bathroom, brand new apartment (as it has never been used) with incredible sea views and romantic sunsets everyday. South-West facing with plenty of sunshine during your holiday. Situated in one of Albufeiras most modern tourist complexes. The complex contains 2 swimming pools, a bar and a restaurant all set in tropical gardens with a children's playground area. The property is furnished to the highest level of luxury and is ideal for all ages. The famous Oura beach is only a flight of wooden steps down. Despite Oura Beach being on your doorstep, Aveiros Beach is a small quaint beach, not to be missed next to Praia da Oura. Forte de São João Beach is a long beautiful Beach leading to the Old Town of Albufeira only a 20min walk away, and worth the visit. Stª Eulália Beach with its magestic palm trees is one of our most treasured beaches, and well worth the visit. With the "Giro" bus system at your doorstep, you will not have to walk if you do not wish to do so. The turistic train is also a major attraction especially for children but the adults also join in the fun.A Taxi fare within a 4km radius should not cost you more than €6-00. With plenty well priced restaurants, coffee shops and bars to choose from at your doorstep, you will have a hard time making a choice. "Intermaché" supermarket, is a 1 min walk from the apartment, with quality and well priced products. For the lovers of Golf, Balaia Golf is your closest Golf Course followed by Salgados Golf in Galé, and then Vilamoura being the next Mecca of Golf with plenty Golf Courses to choose from, only a 15min drive away.
Top Traveller Review
The Durell Family
About the Owner
4.7 based on 3 holidaymaker reviews
We are a family of four, our sons are 24 and 19. Well what can I say apart from that we had a fabulous time. The apartments location is perfect for the beach, the strip, supermarket and restaurants, no car is needed as everying is on your doorstep but far enough away from nightlife so you are not disturbed. The apartment is spotlessly clean and has everything you could possibly need for a self catering holiday.. It worked great for us as a family but would return with or without the boys. We were picked up from the airport by Paula who was lovely and showed us where the pool, shops and strip were before taking us to the apartment. Branca picked us up to take us back to airport, she is such a lovely person and was always contactable if we needed any holiday advice. Would definitely recommend and we will definitely be going back. Thanks again Branca, we had a brilliant holiday and can't wait to come back.
The Durell Family
Great apartment with stunning views
We were warmly met at the airport by Branca who greeted us like old friends. She then took us for a guided tour of the area, stopping off at the supermarket to pick up supplies and this was the perfect start to our holiday. The apartment is spacious and really well equipped so we were able to cook proper meals. The view is gorgeous and we spent hours relaxing on the balcony looking at it. Although there were 5 of us and we are all adults there was plenty of room for all - even with 4 females getting ready for a night out!
Fantastic family holiday
We stayed in this excellent apartment for ten nights. Our holiday started in earnest when we met Branca at the airport. What a wonderful person she is! She was just so friendly, charming, informative and generous with her time. She initially took us to one of the local supermarkets to get our essentials and showed us many important landmarks to help us get our bearings. She is an absolute character and a wonderful host.
The apartment surpassed our expectations. What views! It was spotlessly clean, tastefully presented & all our needs were catered for – generous supply of towels, sun umbrellas, large fridge/freezer, washing machine etc. At all times we felt secure in the apartment.
The photos on OD are representative but cannot give a sense of space. As a family of five, we had ample room. The kitchen/lounge was generously size as were both bedrooms with large built in wardrobes. We coped well with the heatwave we experienced as each room was equipped with a large electrical fan. Along with the coastal breeze, it was a very pleasant temp in the apt for the duration of our stay, both night and day.
The apartment is well situated - just a brief walk to the relaxing pool area which is set in well maintained gardens. The coffee shop had a very reasonably priced menu. The staff were pleasant & helpful. There are three pools, two for children and one for adults. The latter was busy at times and as Branca helpfully pointed out, quite deep at 2.5m. Sunbeds were provided free of charge.
We visited Praia da Oura once. This is a small, picturesque beach, serviced by an excellent coffee shop. It was very relaxing walking along the beach front or basking in the sun. Our children preferred the pool for playing in but we will explore more beaches on our next visit.
While the apartment is just a five minute walk from the Strip it is sufficiently far away that there is little intrusive noise or crowds. The Giro bus stop is just across the road & we also used the tourist train. There is a taxi rank just opposite the front door. All are reasonably priced.
We would recommend this apt without hesitation. It is well looked after, well located and has access to a range of shops, a great supermarket and lovely restaurants. As previously stated, Branca is an incredible individual and we were all very sad leaving her. We will holiday with her again, possibly in this apt or one of her villas for a different experience and hire a car to see more of the region. Can't wait :)
From the Owner
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
For those of you who like a bargain, there are loads of markets to visit, just don’t forget to haggle!
Albufeira - Market days: 1st and 3rd Tuesday every month
Almancil - Market days: 1st and 4th Sunday every month
Lagoa - Market days: 2nd Sunday every month except July and August
Loulé - Market days: every Saturday. Very popular, busy market within and around the market hall in the centre.
Monchique - Market days: 2nd Friday every month
Portimão -Market days: 1st Monday every month
Quarteira - (Also known as the Gypsy Market) - Market days: every Wednesday. One of the busiest weekly markets of the Algarve.
Sagres - Market days: 1st Friday every month
The nearest beach is Oura Beach on your doorstep.Forte de Sao Joao, is a 15 minute walk away.It is a Long flat sandy beach w/ rocks and cliffs to the sides-One can walk along this beach all the way to the old town of Albufeira. Quaint Aveiros beach is a 10 min walk West and well worth the visit.There are countless beautiful other beaches-nearby are Arrifes, São Rafael, Coelha, Castelo, Evaristo, Manuel Lourenço, Galé, Aveiros and Oura to the West and beautiful Santa Eulália to the East.
Quinta Pedra dos Bicos complex is approximately 40km from Faro airport, which is a 40 minute taxi ride away. We can arrange a private and reliable and competitive taxi service.
Car hire is not required.
Albufeira is in the very middle of the Algarve, so it is convenient for visiting all the other towns, villages, beaches and places of interest. It is about 2 hours by road to Lisbon and also 2 hours to Seville in Spain. Albufeira is 1 hour by road from the Spanish border. There are plenty of coach trips on offer - these are excellent and good value for money. A variety of scenic (Caves & Coastline) and Dolphin boat trips as well as Para-Sailing are on offer from the Marina of Albufeira.
Quinta Pedra dos Bicos Resort, is within very easy walking distance from bakeries, supermarkets (Intermaché), restaurants and night life. The larger supermarkets (Modelo/Pingo Doce) are only a 20min walk away, as are more shops, banks etc.The "Old Albufeira Town" is a 20min walk away, making it easier walking along the beach of Forte de São João. The famous "Strip" is a 5min walk away. Aveiros Beach, a quaint and very secluded Beach is only a 10min walk away.
There is a fruit and fish market in Albufeira. The Gypsy market in Albufeira is monthly. There is a popular gypsy market in Quarteira every Wednesday. All the towns in the Algarve have regular markets and you can find unusual bargains as well as Portuguese pottery and leather goods at excellent prices.
Just outside Albufeira is Algarve Shopping (15 min by car), a large shopping mall with lots of quality shops, restaurants and a multi screen cinema. The Algarve beaches offer every type of watersport - surfing, windsurfing, water skiing, jet ski, fishing to name but a few. Balaia golf is only 2 min drive away. Salgados Golf only 10min drive away in Galé.There are a lot of waterparks, like Slide & Splash, Aqualand & Zoo Marine for the children and parents to enjoy as a family, within a 20min drive. Scuba-Diving, Snorkelling, Reef Fishing, Dophin searches, Caves and Coastline Boat Tours can be found at the Marina of Albufeira, within a 7 minute drive. Vilamoura with all its top golf courses is only a 20min drive away.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 31 Oct 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Nov 2016 - 30 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£150|
At time of booking we require a 25% non-refundable deposit and the balance payable 8/6 weeks before your holiday. We accept direct bank transfers to our Portuguese Bank Account.
We have a flexible changeover day, any day of the week.
Notes on prices:
Prices are in £ (Pounds) per week.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Tourist Attractions
- Ceiling Fans
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- naturist beach
- theme parks
- water parks
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- gambling casinos
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- paddle boating
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
- whale watching
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- equestrian events
- freshwater fishing
- jet skiing
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- pier fishing
- roller blading
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- water tubing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Bidet
- Large new modern bathroom with jacuzzi bath and shower over, WC, sink and bidet. Bathroom has a window for ventilation.
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 7
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Extra Lg. Double Bed, 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2 - 1 Large Double Bed, 1 Double Bed, 2 Single Bed, 1 Cot, 1 Sofa bed/Futon
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (2 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1, spacious with double bed, bedside tables table, chair and double doors leading onto terrace, w/ sea views. Bedroom 2, extremely spacious with double bed, and 2 single beds(not on photo as put up when required),w/big window. Wardrobes in both.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: PLEASE, No smoking inside the apartment - only on the balcony. An excellent secure complex for children, with safe high railings on the balcony. It is also suitable for small children with the use of a travel cot and high chair (Please request if needed). The apartment is very central close to all amenities. Oura Beach is on your doorstep and the famous Montechoro strip with its countless shops, bars and restaurants, is a mere 5 min walk away. There are restaurants, shops, a bank and large supermarket ("InterMaché) within 1 min walk. Due to its central location, it is ideal for those not wishing to hire a car, with taxis and buses ("Giro") cheap and readily available. Transfers can be easily arranged from the airport and to just about any attraction on the Algarve. Outside: This top floor apartment has a large South-West facing terrace with never ending sea views, with outdoor furniture to enjoy, meals alfresco and sundowners, enjoying the stunning sunsets everyday, in the privacy of your own terrace,with plenty of sunshine throughout the day. The complex has a large communal swimming pool with large and lush lawn areas with a playground for children, as well as snack bar. There is access to the complex pool for sole use of residents, where there is also a children’s' pool and a play area. The pool is set in secure gated gardens and has free sun loungers on a terraced area. There is space available to spread out under shady trees and there are toilets/showers and a pool side bar & cafe during the summer months.You have your own "Private Parking Space" in the underground garage, with access with your own remote control/zapper, with direct entry into apartment via lift to 3rd/top floor. Only 2 apartments per floor, making your apartment very private. Utility Room: N/A Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All bed linen, bath and hand towels supplied. Pool/beach towels are included. The property is cleaned and towels and linen are changed each week. Other: Large entrance hallway leading to all rooms, with video entry phone for security in letting/buzzing in wanted guests via main entrance to your block in Quinta Pedra dos Bicos.