Cottage in Rye, Sussex, England - Peaceful Location Ideal for Hiking/Walking/National Trust. Fishing and Mooring Rights
This unique property is set in a rural position to the North East of Rye and fronts onto the River Rother where it joins the Military Canal. Riverside enjoys widespread far reaching views across open farmland to the old Saxon foreshore and Isle of Oxney. An excellent base for touring the many National Trust properties in the area, together with the many established gardens open to the public. Camber Sands beach with its long stretch of sandy beach is approximately four miles away. Brighton, Eastbourne, and Tunbridge Wells are within easy driving distance. Trains from Rye Station go to London.
About the Owner
Activity and Interests
Camber Sands approximately 4 miles - long sandy beach
Winchelsea approximately 6 miles - stoney beach
Brighton approximately 40 miles - good restaurants/shops/popular with tourists
Eastbourne approximately 30 miles - good shopping centre
A car is essential at Riverside.
Approximately 1 hours drive from Channel Tunnel
Approximately 2 hours drive from Gatwick/Heathrow
2 miles from Rye train Station which connects to Ashford - London
The Cinque Port Town of Rye is approximately 2 miles with its cobbled streets, harbour, restaurants, antique shops, and many places of interest.
Tentereden is approximately 6 miles with its antique shops, restaurants, steam train museum and many independent curios shops.
There is a farmers markets on the harbour on Wednesday selling local produce.
There are banks in both Rye and Tenterden.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
1 Oct 2016 - 4 Nov 2016
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
£100 deposit per week on booking, balance payable one month prior to arrival.
Changeover day Saturday
Arrival after 3pm - Departure before 10am.
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- near the sea
- autumn foliage
- recreation centre
- winery tours
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- deepsea fishing
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- bay fishing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- En-suite shower room to Bedroom 1 Family bathroom with bath/shower over, wc
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 Large bedroom with king size bed and balcony over looking river Bedroom 2 Large bedroom with king size bed and balcony over looking river Bedroom 3 Large bedroom with two single beds
- Golf ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: Due to Riverside's location, children must be supervised at all times Outside: Riverside's garden is private and there are table and chairs on the decking by the river. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: The normal turnaround day is Saturday when the cottage is cleaned and linen and towels are changed for new quests.