Villa in Drasendorf, Sankt Veit an Der Glan, Lake Worthersee, Carinthia, Austria - Villa. Sleeps 6. Ski Slopes A Short Drive Away.
Beautiful Villa. Sleeps 6. Near to lakes and ski slopes. Sun terraces, table tennis,wood burning stove etc..
Top Traveller Review
Great location for a quiet holiday
About the Owner
I am a 58 year old male
I have 3 children
Live in Hertfordshire UK
Hobbies include composing music,skiing,travel
Guestbook comments from the owner
4 based on 2 holidaymaker reviews
Great location for a quiet holiday
Very quiet area (and very hot when we were there). House is very spacious with good outdoor areas, but is a bit dated. Local lake was a godsend in the heat and very friendly/relaxed - no worries about leaving bags, etc while you all go for a swim. Good walks in the local area and some brilliant castles. All in all a very relaxing week. Seconding the other reviewer - if you don't speak german, take a phrase book as much of local literature will need translating - mind you, this was one of the charms of the place - a very friendly area.
Spacious accommodation, ideal retreat location
We drove to the house. Not sure about transport connections for non-drivers as it's quite isolated, but that's one of the perks if you drive; it's quiet.
House is spacious and comfortable just a little dated, and close enough to the local lake to walk. Very nice lake for swimming, and the local monastery does a very nice and reasonably priced buffet.
We spent most of our time in Klagenfurt, 20 min drive south. The lake there, Worthersee, is superb with diving boards, water slide, restaurants etc. A walk along the canal will take you to the city square with cobbled streets and a great collection of restaurants.
Numerous castles within a short drive which are worth a visit too.
Also within driving distance we visited: Vienna (3 hours), Ljubliana (capital of Slovenia, 3 hours), Lake Bled and the Vintgar Gorge (half way to Ljubliana, and a hidden gem of a beauty spot!), and if you plan your route in advance you can stay in Innsbruck on the way down/back.
One suggestion, if you don't speak German, take a phrase book. You aren't in a city, so you can't assume everyone will speak English or print English menus.
Reliable owner too! Thanks!!
From the Owner
“Southern Austria is beautiful and ideal for all seasons. Wonderful Ski Resorts all close by Lake Langsee a short walk from the house. see www.seegasthaus.at for video of the area”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Short walk to Lake Langsee see www.seegasthaus.at for details and video
20 min drive to Worthersee (Klagenfurt)
nearest airport: Klagenfurt or Ryanair to Venice,Salzburg or Graz
Car Hire advisable
The house is in the village of Drasendorf and close to St Georgen and St Veit.
25 mins to klagenfurt. 5mins to St Veit
Local shops, supermarkets, restaurants 5 minutes away
castles, walks, boating swimming, skiing, bikes. . . Etc
day trips to Venice, Salzburg,Turrach mountain resort (we also have an appartment here)
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£200|
£200 deposit (returned against breakages) to secure your booking. final balance 6 weeks before you arrive.
Notes on prices:
Price on request, varies during Low/High Season Average price £700 a week all inclusive.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Total peace Mountain views Lakeside location Cosy traditional Austrian interior Day trips to Venice (3 hours) Salzburg (3 hours) Garden with Table Tennis Bikes Large Living Room with Baby Grand Piano, Wood Fire,TV etc”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 1 with large bath, shower, bidet, wc Bathroom 2 with walk in shower,WC
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom1 with twin continental beds. Bedroom 2 with double bed.Bedroom 3 with twin beds. Extra single bed in Living room available.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Short walk to lake. lovely peaceful gardens. Short drive to St Veit town. Seperate appartment in mountains available. See. www.sundance.at next to ski lift! Outside: Large private garden with fruit trees,hammock,table tennis,badminton,bikes available at no extra cost. Sun terrace with outside eating area. Utility Room: With Washing Machine, storage space for bicycles, skis,lawnmower etc Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels and bed linen provided. House cleaned before and after your visit. Other: Dining room with large table and double doors leading out to terrace for al fresco eating, sunbathing etc View to far distant snow capped mountains