House in Camel Estuary, Nr. Wadebridge, Cornwall, England - Wonderful Location, Close to Many Beaches
Stunning property on the edge of this very popular and beautiful estuary. Wonderful views in a very quiet location but with all the advantages of being close to many lovely beaches and good shops in local towns. The house is set in the middle of gardens facing across the water. We have a new kitchen and the house is comfortable if a bit vintage in places. If the weather is not so good we have night storage heaters and a woodturner - but NB - we do not have central heating! Electric blankets on the beds in winter. NB - New Year - 5 night minimum stay.
Top Traveller Review
A brilliant place to stay!
About the Owner
About Susan Gore-Langton
We are an out-going and convivial family who like nothing better than big get-together - and Tregunna is ideal for that!
Why Susan Gore-Langton chose North Cornwall
The house was bought in the 1930s and has been a much loved family home and now holiday house since then. It has been up-graded over the years and is now very comfortable and spacious, and makes a perfect holiday whether you want to sit and gaze at the ever-changing view of the tidal estuary or go off surfing, sailing or just sitting on one of the many local beaches.
What makes this house unique
The house is right on the Camel Estuary, at a point where the estuary is about 1/2 mile wide. The views are wonderful! The house is big and comfortable, easily accommodating 12. It is close to Wadebridge by either bike or road, with good shops. The Camel Cycle Trail right behind the house takes you to Wadebridge or Padstow, or up to Bodmin (we have a motley selection of bikes which you can borrow). There are golf courses, sailing clubs, and any amount of out-door activities nearby.
(1 traveller reviews)
A brilliant place to stay!
The location of this house was just amazing. Watching the estuary change by the hour was lovely, including watching a great variety of sea birds. The kitchen was very good and well equipped, the rest of the house was charming in a 'retro' way, certainly well-lived in! We even managed without a TV (which we hadn't realised) and enjoyed sitting in the garden or crab fishing off a rock in front of the house. We had a great family holiday and would definitely want to stay there again.
From the Owner
“The house was bought in the 1930s and has been a much loved family home and now holiday house since then. It has been up-graded over the years and is now very comfortable and spacious, and makes a perfect holiday whether you want to sit and gaze at the ever-changing view of the tidal estuary or go off surfing, sailing or just sitting on one of the many local beaches.”
Activity and Interests
There are lots of really good beaches within about 20 minutes drive, and many more a bit further away. Family favourites are Polzeath for surfing any time of year, Constantine beach for walking or sitting about, and Bedruthen Steps a bit further away for fabulous scenery.
The house is about 5 hours drive from London, 3 hours from Bristol. Bodmin Parkway is 25 minutes drive or 1 hour cycling ( nearly all off-road). Newquay Airport is about 30 minutes away.
Wadebridge,a very good local market town, is 5minutes by car, or 15 minutes cycling along the Trail, or 25 minutes walking. Padstow, a pretty if rather touristy village on the mouth of the Camel Estuary is about 20 minutes drive, 45 minutes cycle or 75 minutes walk away.
The most famous restaurants are in Padstow - Stein's Seafood Restaurant is very well- known ( you need to book early) and there are a host of other local eateries in Padstow to compete, notably Stein's Fish and Chips!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
21 Apr 2017 - 29 Jun 2017
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
30 Jun 2017 - 31 Aug 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
1 Sep 2017 - 26 Oct 2017
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
My Standard Rate
2 night minimum stay
for 2 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please email or phone to discuss booking. You will need to pay a deposit of half the fee upon booking, the remainder at least 7 days before you go to the house.
Friday. This is to avoid the worst of the Saturday change-over traffic in high season. Please try not to arrive before 3pm and to leave by 10.30am.
Notes on prices:
The prices quoted are for full weeks, Friday to Friday. Should you want to stay at the house for a weekend, or at any time out of peak season for as long or short as you wish, then the rates are (usually) £30 per adult per night, £15 for children 5-16 and under 5's are free. Please phone to discuss - we are open to reasonable offers!
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
From the Owner
“The house is right on the Camel Estuary, at a point where the estuary is about 1/2 mile wide. The views are wonderful! The house is big and comfortable, easily accommodating 12. It is close to Wadebridge by either bike or road, with good shops. The Camel Cycle Trail right behind the house takes you to Wadebridge or Padstow, or up to Bodmin (we have a motley selection of bikes which you can borrow). There are golf courses, sailing clubs, and any amount of out-door activities nearby.”
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 2 - Shower Enclosure
- One family bathroom, 2 separate showers. Most rooms have their own basin. 2 separate loos.
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 12
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 12 (6 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: 3 double bedrooms (all with a view of the estuary), 2 twin rooms and 1 bunk-bed room. The beds are all good quality and very comfortable, the rooms spacious and light.
- Golf ...
- Max. occupancy: 12
- pets considered
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: There are quite a few steps inside the house, because it is an old house and has developed bit by bit it's not all on one level, but we do have hand-rails by all the stairs. There are wooden floors throughout most of the house and rugs/carpets. Outside: The garden surrounds the house on all sides. There is plenty of room for parking at the front, 2 garages ( one full of bikes, the other with fire-wood) and lots of slate paths and a field to explore. There is a fairly level orchard which is ideal for playing football or volley-ball. Utility Room: Washing machine, dryer, microwave. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen is included in the peak season lets ( July and August) and is available upon request at other times. Towels are not included. The house is, of course, cleaned between lets and once a week for those who come for a fortnight.