Apartment in Port Grimaud, Var, Provence-Alpes-Cote DAzur, France - Beautiful Central Serene Location. Beach 200m. Waterside Restaurants. Markets. Boat Hire/Trips 5mins
Just 10mins from the beaches,and the Prarie de la Mer classy 'village',with its exotic palm trees,and lodges, and summer entertainment: with superb views across the water to Saint Tropez,from the chic bar: and mins from a unique stroll to the headland walkway by the marina: and also from a 'Plat Du Jour' or seafood restaurant, or pizzeria,or boulangerie, or a market, or a boat to hire, or just a very relaxing canal waterside walk, is our airy comfortable 1st floor waterside apartment.
Situated in the Chic water town of Port Grimaud, 'floating in Provençal pastel colours, warmed by Cote d'Azur sunshine all year round', it has 24hr security,giving a feeling of safety and exclusivity. PG is a mini-Provencal Venice, with lovely canals, crossed by tiny Rialto style bridges adding ambiance,boats gently meandering underneath them. Also within, it has a small square, embraced by shops and restaurants, where boules is played, and a market is held every Sunday and Thursday,selling the usual Provencal fare, creating a wonderful atmosphere. By the church, at the main bridge, the water taxis leave to chug around the canals,(free to you) or to go to the private beach, which is exclusive to residents,(also free to you as a tenant). Or a cruise to St Tropez, (20mins),which is an absolute must, passing the wondrous yachts, and from where the beaches can be seen in a crescent shape, the area on show sparkling, through the white trail of the blue boat.
We are on the waterside of the square, on the 1st floor of the building. There is a lift. The attraction of the apt is the long balcony, which boasts 2 sets of French doors. One from the lounge and one from the bedroom. It is wide enough to recline upon, or sit or dine at the table, and just watch the boats below, or the people crossing the bridge, photographing the splendid views, or the Venetian style arches, which when lit up at night, are gorgeous, and introduce a warm ambiance into the apt area. Or just see the fish lazily flapping around nosing maybe a piece of bread, in the water, from one of the restaurants above. The sun hits the balcony usually mid morning, but as it moves around it stays, and shines all day lighting up the apt frontage. Easy to lounge on the recliner, and sunbathe. Gradually the evening light becomes slowly exquisite, soft yellow, apricot, peach. Absolutely perfect for an evening glass of chilled pink rose, or beer, with maybe some shell fish, or whatever, bought at the market. And then the atmosphere slowly changes. Just a gentle percolation, as people cross the wooden bridge further down, seeking a restaurant;and the boats continue to meander;and the quiet music drifts.
There is plenty to do locally when staying here. Why not visit St Maxime, with its fantastic beach and marina, or world famous eclectic St Tropez with its opulent yachts and citadel,artists and cobbled pavement bistros,and enjoy its superb atmosphere. There are also plenty of coastal walks, as well, including vineyards to visit,other Provençal markets,and medieval Villages, e.g., Grimaud, Gassin, Ramatuelle,Cogolin, all having superb views across vineyards, and down towards the Mediterranean, with their own unique character. One of the best walks is at la Croix Valmer, at Gigaro beach, with its splendid views, with its nook and cranny inlets. Enjoy a drink at the beach restaurant as the water laps, and similarly at Cavalaire 20-30mins away, great beach, and marina. Relaxing places.
The whole area is a delightful experience. Try it!
Top Traveller Review
Fantastic Apartment in a Perfect Location
About the Owner
1 holidaymaker review
Fantastic Apartment in a Perfect Location
The apartment is fantastic, very clean and everything you need for a relaxed holiday is in the apartment! Great Shower, washing machine, al fresco dining on the balcony! The location is superb, a stones throw away from the main square, where all the shops and restaurants are situated and I think twice weekly the market, which is great! fabulous food to take home and heat up for dinner on the balcony! ....Thank you for a lovely stay! x
Activity and Interests
The nearest main beach is Port Grimaud, 10 mins away, from the apt, which has superb views across to St Tropez. It is near Prarie De La Mer 'village', a superb complex of lodges/supermkt/rest/palm trees. PG bay sweeps around, so great for walks. There is also 'Le Petit Plage', a private residents' beach, reached by water taxi, (free to you as a tenant), which cruises past the apt to it. A fantastic experience. Sit at the bar, by a palm tree and watch the boats passing to/from St Tropez.
NICE-99KM.Journey times can vary, especially on the Cote d'Azur in summer, but generally about 1 to 1-1/2hrs, depending on Rd conditions etc.
TOULON HYERES - 50KM. Time about 50mins - I Hr.
ST RAPHAEL TGV TRAIN STATION-31KM. About 40-45mins
Generally staying in PG, a car is NOT needed, if you want to be bolted in a beautiful setting surrounded by water and sand. However the villages are a treat, shame to miss them, although GRIMAUD is accessible by 'Le Petit Train'.
PLACES OF INTEREST: ST TROPEZ-8KM -10-15mins,car, 20mins ferry.
: ST MAXIME-6KM - 10 Mins, 30mins by Ferry.
: CAVALAIRE SUR MER - 14KM-18mins
: LA CROIX VALMER-10KM-12m
VILLAGES: GRIMAUD -6KM - 10-15Mins Car
: RAMATUELLE-10KM -15Mins
: GASSIN -8KM - 12Mins
: COGOLIN -7KM - 8Mins
Within Place Du Marche there is a Provencal market every Sunday and Thursday, until lunchtime. Also Artisan markets appear selectively. At St Tropez every Sat/Tues there is a wonderful market, including antiques, which is a must to see.
Also in Place Du Marche, there are several shops including the PG Presse 1 minute from the apt, a big newsagents, selling souvenirs, newspapers,books,postcards,cigarettes,full fare, including internet usage, one terminal, about 4 Euros a short time. There is a bank also, with cash dispenser next to it, Societe Generale. In PDM there are several outlets for souvenirs,but mostly restaurants, bars, and brasseries. But also over the bridge by the church a general store which sells most items, including fresh croissants, bread, and pain au chocolat.
In Place des Artisans the 1st square,near the entrance to PG, there are more shops,odd cafe,some restaurants,a Boulangerie, and fine delicatessen. The markets usually spill over to this area.
PARKING: IS ACROSS THE RD.24HR SURVEILLANCE.GUARDS.CCTV.A visitor's section and a residents' section, barrier controlled. You will be provided with a parking card which raises the barrier. Also one for your windscreen, which identifies you as a 'resident'. the Security Guards see this and wave you through into the PG1 area. It just facilitates your comings and goings. You will have to park though in the CAR PARK. Parking is severely restricted in Place Du Marche, because there just isn't the room. But you can drive in and unload luggage,shopping etc.
There are several leisure activities close by, or not too far away:
Water Skiing,Snorkelling,Caneoing,Water Surfing,Wine Tasting,Fishing,Boat Hire,Outlet Shopping,Tennis,Hiking,Cycling,Superb Walking,Theatre,Swimming,Jet Ski,Scuba Diving.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
WINTER LOW 16
30 Oct 2016 - 31 Dec 2016
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
My Standard Rate
3 night minimum stay
for 3 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£252|
After accepting an enquiry, we will send our standard reply which sets out costs and provides information about the apt and surrounding area. If interested a Booking Form will then be sent. A 25% non-refundable deposit is then needed to secure the Booking. The balance is due 8 weeks, before the holiday start date. At this time a separate Security Deposit of £250.00 is also req'd, which is NOT banked but held on file until your return.
Linen/Towel packages are also available-£26.00 FULL/£13PT
Changeover dates are usually SAT-SAT, especially in HIGH season, but some flexibility is available certainly in LOW-MID season months.
We request departures are by 10.00am, and arrivals can be restricted to 4.00pm,due to cleaning of previous client.
Notes on prices:
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Ceiling Fans
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- near the sea
- Ocean View
- winery tours
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- fly fishing
- bay fishing
- water skiing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- The newly renovated bathroom has a walk in shower, with sink above modern drawers. Also a toilet, and washing machine. It also houses the new electric water heater. There are 3 book shelves, with numerous books.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed, has a set of French doors which leads onto the long balcony. Against a wall there are 2 spare bunk beds,above each other. In the lounge is a modern convertible double sofa bed.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: There is one double bedroom, which also has 2 single bunk beds one on top of the other. There is a set of French doors from the bedroom which leads onto a very long balcony, with instant superb views all round. Linen and Towel packages are available. There are also very spacious wardrobes. Also in one of the cupboards is a hoover, ironing board, iron, beach chairs,boules. In the lounge, there is a separate modern convertible sofa bed, which is also double. This also has another set of French doors, also leading onto the balcony. At one end of the lounge is a fully equipped American kitchenette, with gas oven, microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge with freezer etc. Both room have fans. Outside: The absolute attraction of the apartment is its balcony, and wonderful views, to the left across the wooden bridge, out to sea, in the middle across to the hills, and to the right, the Provencal Venetian arches, by which the water taxis and other boats constantly cruise by. When the arches are lit up and glowing at night the ambiance is exacerbated enriching the experience of just being on the balcony. Beneath them is Delice, a place to sit and eat or drink, or just have an ice-cream, and reverse the view across to the bridge to the balcony. It is so relaxing, just to be there and to enjoy water life per se:the fish flapping, eating bread are a joy to watch. But relaxing on the balcony is a sumptuous treat, not just the views, but to see the people on the bridge, posing their friends or family, the gentle pace, the tiny boats, and the odd cruise or power boat negotiating around the water taxis. And at night drifting quiet music, from the odd restaurant, not noisy,just charming. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Cleaning is included in the overall price. A FULL Linen & Towel package is extra,& in a sealed unit.2 x D.Sheets/Pillow Cases/2 x Lge Towels/2 x Hand Towels/2 x Tea Towels/ 1 x Bath Mat.