Rabastens / Tarn (village) - peaceful location , 15 minutes walk to the village or river Tarn or 5 minutes drive.
The Château de Foncoussieres was built at the beginning of the 18th century by the Family Chastenet de Puysegur who had been established in the region for centuries.The Property, which was always kept in its original architecture by its various owners , is surrounded with a beautiful quiet park of 2,5ha that has many centuries old trees, pond and French garden.Rabastens, our nearest village, 1,5km away, is situated between Toulouse and Albi and at the Gate of the Pastel region and the Gaillac vineyeard.
About the Owner
About Marie-Noelle Raynal-Bechetoille
The owner bought the Property in 1984 , having fallen in love with it at first glance!He was a famous American musicologist whose family roots were French from Normandy.
I came to share his life ten years later having given up my artistic agency and I continue to love the history of the region and its beauty as well as the kindness of its inhabitants.
Marie-Noelle Raynal-Bechetoille purchased this chateau / country house in 1980
Why Marie-Noelle Raynal-Bechetoille chose Tarn
The main reason was to be in the Albigenses region, fascinated by the Cathars history. It was also a wonderful way of sharing the quietness of the countryside together with the activity of a nearby large city like Toulouse whenever. We both liked music, operas, exhibitions and we would frequently enjoy them.
What makes this chateau / country house unique
We enjoy the beauty of the park , the songs of the numberless birds, the red squirrels community as well as the couple of herons in the pond, or the charming moorhen's family. But at the same time we are connected to the modern world. It is a special pleasure to take a drive on back roads one after the other and let oneself be temporarily lost , going village after village among the beautiful Gaillac vineyards, the Bastides (Castelnau de Montmiral, Puycelsi, Cordes, etc,.) A small church in a sunflower field , a new auberge, an unexpected flee or flower market, then returning home for a swim in the pool or tea in the garden.This is life at its best.
From the Owner
“The main reason was to be in the Albigenses region, fascinated by the Cathars history. It was also a wonderful way of sharing the quietness of the countryside together with the activity of a nearby large city like Toulouse whenever. We both liked music, operas, exhibitions and we would frequently enjoy them.”
Activity and Interests
We are three hours drive from Biarritz to the West (Atlantic Ocean); and 2 hours from Narbonne, 3 hours from Perpignan and Spain (Mediterranean sea), 4 hours from Barcelone.
The main airport from us is Toulouse-Blagnac , 40 kms from here, forty minutes drive (highway). Cars rental are available at the airport and recommended. Detailed itinerary to be sent with contract.
Beautiful Rabastens is our nearest village, 1,5 km away. Church of Notre-Dame du Bourg , listed as a the UNESCO World Heritage Site, a jewel of the southern Gothic style. The local cellar is opened every day and you will find a great selection of local wines, red, rose, white or champagne-like.
Lisle-sur Tarn is 8 kms from us, Gaillac 17kms away, is a town with roots going back to the Middle Ages and Renaissance time and worth places.Albi is 35 kms away as well as Toulouse.
In those cities you will find medical facilities, cinemas, banks with automatic withdrawal services, restaurants , tea salons, and supermarkets. There are cultural events , various music festivals, fireworks events, celebration Summer all over; Friday morning open market in Gaillac, Saturday morning in Rabastens and Sunday morning in Lisle sur Tarn as well as Summer night markets. Albi (Toulouse-Lautrec famous painter's birth place and included on the UNESCO World Heritage since 2010) is a wonderful city .
We are in the heart of the famous Pastel region which developed in the 16 th century and brought huge prosperity to the region until the 17th when Indigo from India took over . Pastel is now back in the region again and seems to develop very successfully. The vineyard area , one of the oldest in France and reminiscent of Tuscany, has a wealth of winery to explore.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
20 May 2017 - 1 Jul 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
2 Jul 2017 - 2 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
3 Sep 2017 - 30 Sep 2017
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
|Refundable Damage Deposit||£254|
|Stay tax||€1 per night, per person. This amount will be due to the owner upon arrival. Does not apply to children under 18 years.|
We receive payments via wire transfer , 50% of one week 's rental period time of booking , with the remainder due four weeks before arrival (except of course for late minute booking). A damage deposit of 200euros is payable upon arrival (check or cash) and will be returned within two weeks of your departure .
Preferred changeover day is Saturday, with arrival no earlier than 4p.m and departure no later than 10a.m
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“We enjoy the beauty of the park , the songs of the numberless birds, the red squirrels community as well as the couple of herons in the pond, or the charming moorhen's family. But at the same time we are connected to the modern world. It is a special pleasure to take a drive on back roads one after the other and let oneself be temporarily lost , going village after village among the beautiful Gaillac vineyards, the Bastides (Castelnau de Montmiral, Puycelsi, Cordes, etc,.) A small church in a sunflower field , a new auberge, an unexpected flee or flower market, then returning home for a swim in the pool or tea in the garden.This is life at its best.”
- chateau / country house
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Washing Machine
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Private Pool ...
- botanical garden
- winery tours
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- laundrette - serviced
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- freshwater fishing
- golf pass optional
- whitewater rafting
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Two Bathrooms each with washbasin,bathtub with shower and toilets .
- 2 Bedrooms, Sleeps 4
- Bedroom 1
- Bedroom 2
- Description of sleeping capacity: One bedroom en-suite and bedroom with study Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom1: A double Bedroom with double bed , high ceiling, exposed beams, attractive tile floor, overlooking the park, old 18th century pièces of furniture , plenty of space. Bedroom 2: with double bed View on pool.. Bedroom 3 with single bed . View on pool.
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: Mosquito net in every bedroom Soap and linen are provided Non-smokers please If you like we can put some supplies in the fridge in advance, just let us know. Outside: The Gîte of the Chateau de Foncoussières is settled for five (2 double bedrooms and I single room )in the oldest part of the Château and offers more or less 180m² in an 18th century atmosphere. The private pool is not shared with owner and available for your enjoyment . Your private garden area is approximately 1ha in the park. We invite you to the plums,cherries,apples, walnuts, etc.. Utility Room: Washing machine, iron & ironing board, clothes lines outside . Shared pool. Parking. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels , linen and soap provided and changed every week. Cleaner included three hours a week and on departure day. Other: TVroom/Library , next to the living room, is a very cosy room with exposed beams and furnished with Louis Philippe style sofa and armchairs.TV satellite and Wi-Fi. An inner staircase leads to the second bedroom and bathr