Apartment in Chateau D'Oex, Lake Geneva / Vaud, Switzerland - Lovely Apartment in a Quiet, Peaceful Location Within Walking Distance of Family Friendly Village.
This lovely 3 bed apartment on the ground floor of a very quiet chalet and is a wonderful base for both summer & winter activities for all ages. In summer the large terrace is perfect for relaxing.The apartment is within easy walking distance of the village shops & restaurants. Chateau-d'Oex is famous for its annual balloon festival and the fact the actor David Niven made the village his home.Gstaad hosts the Swiss Open Tennis Tournament,The Cartier Polo as well as the Menuhin Music Festival.The Montreaux Jazz Festival is also popular. There are wonderful facilities for children including a playground with ariel slide, a bowling alley, tennis courts, football pitch and outdoor swimming pool. There are banks, new hospital, cafes & doctor surgeries. Chateau-d'Oex is situated in a beautiful valley where there are lots of walks ( easy to testing!), plenty of skiing & activities for those who love nature. La Pierreuse, the largest nature conservation area in western Switzerland contains rock areas,forests,abundant flora and flat moors.The Pays-d'Enhaut offers a large network of marked mountain biking trails along the tracks of the 1997 world championships for amateurs and the more experienced. A section of the 2009 Tour de France took part in the area. One of Switzerland's most beautiful river rafting routes lies between the wild vanel and gerignoz gorges. There is also canoeing and kayaking. In winter there is skiing, tobogganing, heli-skiing,sleigh rides, paragliding and snow shoe walking. Something for everyone!
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
About Sally Toogood
We are a big family & we all love visiting our 'home from home' in a very special part of Switzerland.
Sally Toogood purchased this apartment in 2008
Why Sally Toogood chose Alps of Vaud
The apartment has everything we need for a holiday home in the mountains. We adore the area because it is 'low key', relaxed & brilliant for families.It is a wonderful place to get away from busy lives & to enjoy skiing in a place where waiting for a ski lifts is practically unheard of. Summers in the area are wonderfully tranquil. A perfect place to stay!
What makes this apartment unique
The position of the apartment suits us very well. We could not have chosen better! Close to the shops, restaurants, pub, swimming pool. Everything within walking distance. Wonderful walks & a short drive to some ski slopes but local slopes accessed from the village.We can walk to to station to catch the train to Geneva & access other areas in the region with ease.
The area is a well kept secret!
Guestbook comments from the owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
(2 traveller reviews)
Very helpful owner and a very comfortable apartment. We stayed for skiing and it was conveniently situated for the cable car and for the station if you want to go to Saanenmosser for the altitude. It also has an underground car park which very useful when the weather is very cold. The shops and supermarket are also within walking distance.
The apartment has everything you need, very well equipped kitchen, the only slight disadvantage is that it is rather small.
Overall, it is highly recommended for winter or summer holidays.
Sally was so helpful with our booking and provided everything for a very comfortable stay.The appartment is in a great location near station and ski slopes.It was always warm and homely with plenty of hot water to ease our aching legs after skiing.We all had a very relaxing holiday in beautiful Chateau d'oex.
From the Owner
“The apartment has everything we need for a holiday home in the mountains. We adore the area because it is 'low key', relaxed & brilliant for families.It is a wonderful place to get away from busy lives & to enjoy skiing in a place where waiting for a ski lifts is practically unheard of. Summers in the area are wonderfully tranquil. A perfect place to stay!”
Activity and Interests
Outdoor public swimming pool 5 mins walk from the apartment.Indoor pool in Gstaad is 5 mins walk from the Gstaad train station or 20 mins drive from the apartment.There are lakes 30mins away by car and Lake Geneva is an hour away by car or train.
By train: 2hrs 15mins from Geneva. Change at Montreaux.
By road from UK: Ferry/tunnel to Calais. Approximately 9hrs from Calais.
By air: Easy Jet, Flybe, British Airways,Swiss Air
10mins to Rougemont
40 mins to Villars
2hrs to Geneva
1hr to Montreaux
25mins Gruyeres( cheese)
30mins to Bulle( Market)
15 mins to Etivaz ( cheese making)
There is a large Co-op in the village, small grocery, banks, restaurants, cafes, pub, train station, tourist information office plus much more!
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
27 Mar 2017 - 28 May 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
29 May 2017 - 3 Sep 2017
4 night minimum stay
for 4 nights
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
50% of the rental amount secures booking & the 50% balance to be made 6 weeks before start of rental period. Full payment is due if booking 8 weeks or less before arrival date.
A returnable demage deposit of £200 or 200chfs to be paid with the first payment & returned within 2 weeks of departure,providing the apartment is left in a respectable condition. Our 'house keeper' in the village will check after your departure. Breakages & damage to be paid by guests on a trust basis.
We have flexible changeover days.
Arrival is after 3pm on day of arrival.
Departure is required by 10am on the morning of departure.
Notes on prices:
50% of payment amount + returnable demage deposit of £200 or 200chfs on booking.Final 50% of payment to be paid 6 weeks before arrival date.
Additional charges: 120chfs cleaning
30chfs per person hire & laundering of bed linen & towels. (guests travelling by car can bring their own if they prefer.)
Owner's Cancellation Policy
From the Owner
“The position of the apartment suits us very well. We could not have chosen better! Close to the shops, restaurants, pub, swimming pool. Everything within walking distance. Wonderful walks & a short drive to some ski slopes but local slopes accessed from the village.We can walk to to station to catch the train to Geneva & access other areas in the region with ease. The area is a well kept secret!”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Lift ...
- Fireplace ...
- Garage ...
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Kitchen ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room ...
- Ping Pong Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Television ...
- Toys ...
- Video Library ...
- suitable for elderly or infirm
- wheelchair accessible ...
- scenic drives
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
Sports & Adventure Activities
- ice skating
- mountain biking
- mountain climbing
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- Large bathroom with basin & loo.There is a shower over the bath & big cabinet & shaver point.The shower room has an excellent shower with loo & basin plus cabinet & shaver point.The bathroom & shower room are fully tiled. Plenty of hot water!
- 3 Bedrooms, Sleeps 6
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 6 (3 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1. Large 6 foot bed with memory mattress topper,large wardrobe, trouser press, doors that open onto terrace & face the view. Bedroom 2.2 single beds, wardrobe. Bedroom 3.Bunk beds & doors to terrace & face the view. All rooms are nicely carpeted
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Tennis ...
- Max. occupancy: 6
- non smoking only
- pets not allowed
- children welcome
- Notes on accommodation: The apartment is on the ground floor of a small,quiet chalet. There are 3 bedrooms, a large sitting room with dinning area. Hatch through to the kitchen.There is a large bathroom & shower room.The entrance hall has plenty of coat hanging space. Each bedroom has a built in wardrobe. The compact kitchen is well equipped with a large fridge freezer, oven & hob & dishwasher. The apartment is in excellent condition & well cared for. Cot & high chair available. Outside: The terrace & garden are in front of the apartment. There are several sun loungers, garden chairs, two outside dinning tables & chairs & sun shades. There is a barbecue. The garden is shared but seems to be used only by our apartment as the other apartments have their own balconies! Utility Room: There is a big laundry room containing a washing machine & tumble dryer & plenty of hanging space. Located opposite our front door & very handy for our apartment! There is a charge for the machines but only a few francs! Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Linen & towels are available to hire at the cost of 30 frs each person.Some guests who travel by car bring their own. A cleaner/housekeeper comes in at the end of your stay & charges 120 frs.We ask for this to be left for the cleaner after your stay. Other: The apartment has a tiled entrance hall leading into the sitting/dinning room. There are 3 bedrooms, kitchen & bath & shower room. There is a table tennis room near the apartment, with laundry room very close. There is a ski / boot room in the basement.