Manor House in Kingsbridge, South Devon, England - Situated In The Heart Of The South Devon But Within Easy Reach Of Beautiful Beaches And Villages
Stancombe is a unique hamlet set in 21 acres of beautiful South Hams countryside. The properties consist of a Georgian Manor House, Farmhouse and cottages and apartments converted from old farm buildings. There are many leisure facilities inlcuding heated indoor pool, sauna, snooker room, indoor games/playroom, pitch and putt and acres of communal gardens. Stancombe is less than 10 minutes from the charming estuary town of Kingsbridge and well located for the many unspoilt beaches along the South Devon National Trust coastline. The property is approximately half an hours drive from the sailing towns of Salcombe and Dartmouth. The Manor House sleeps 9 in 4 bedrooms and has it's own private garden with barbecue and trampoline. The property is ideal for 2 families and or groups of friends. The nearest shop/bakery is located five minutes away in the village of Frogmore. There are good shops and other facilities in Kingsbridge and we can recommend good local family friendly pubs and restaurants.
Top Traveller Review
About the Owner
(1 traveller reviews)
Thank-you for a wonderful stay at the Manor. The house is amazing , with beautiful Georgian architecture. We fell in love with its charm and character. The decor is relaxed giving a nice homely feel. The kitchen is very well equiped and clean. The family had more than enough to do and especially loved the pool and tennis courts. Doggy friendly with walks from the garden gates. Centrally located for beaches . Especially liked east Portlemouth/Salcombe. The owner was lovely and easy to communicate with, nice touches like bottles of wine and a card waiting for us on arrival and flowers in vases. Another shower would have been good but overall I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this property.
Activity and Interests
Selection of beaches within a 10 to 20 minute drive including the famous Slapton Sands, actually shingle (where D-Day landings were practised), large stretches of sandy beach at Bantham, Thurlestone, South Milton and lovely sandy coves around Salcombe Estuary, Hope Cove and Soar.
Exeter airport approximately 45 minutes drive. Totnes station approximately 20 minutes drive and Plymouth Ferry port approximately 40 minutes drive. Use of car is essential.
Nearest shop/bakery is in Frogmore which is 5 minutes drive. Kingsbridge is less than 10 minutes drive and has a Tesco/Morrisons and a good selection of local shops including butchers, fishmonger, bakeries and delicatessens. There is also a Farmer's Market twice monthly. Totnes - approximately 20 minutes drive is also renowned for it's markets, local produce and interesting shops.
There are several good local, family friendly pubs and restaurants within 10-20 minutes drive. Various local takeaway services will also deliver to Stancombe.
Kingsbridge has a leisure centre, library, cinema and paddle boarding school. There are stables within a 10 minute drive and water sports hire/tuition at various beaches.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit of 50% of total required on booking with balance payable eight weeks prior to commencement of holiday.
Access to property is from 4pm and vacation by 10am on day of departure.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- Satellite / Cable
Pool / Spa
- Communal Pool
- children welcome
- pets considered
- near the sea
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Bathroom 1 with bath, separate shower, wc and basin Bathroom 2 with bath, wc and basin Downstairs separate wc/utility room
- 4 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (4 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1 with double bed Bedroom 2 with double bed Bedroom 3 with twin beds Bedroom 4 with four single beds
- Golf ...
- Notes on accommodation: All bed linen is provided (except for cots but we ask you to bring your own towels. Cots and high chairs are provided by arrangement. We are very family friendly and happy to accept well behaved pets. Shared facilities Outside: Large paved verandah with wooden benches overlooking private garden, mainly laid to lawn. Barbecue, large Supertramp trampoline. Private parking for 2 cars. Direct access to public footpath/bridal way ideal for lovely country walk with dogs down to the village of Sherford. Utility Room: wc and hand basin Washing machine Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen provided apart from towels. Other: Spacious hallway with original tiled floor with area for hanging coats. Front door leads out onto verandah. Original wooden staircase leads to small conservatory from half landing which looks out over the whole of Stancombe and surrounding countryside.