4 self-contained apartments provide ideal accommodation for groups up to 13.
La Casa del la Caldera is a beautifully restored historic Canarian Finca located in the village of Las Casitas de Femes and has wonderful views across the surrounding volcanic hills and the Femes valley. It is situated in a large walled and gated garden that contains a 10M swimming pool, extensive sun terraces and pergolas and a full size Canarian bowls court. the gardenis planted with palms, succulents and cacti. The Finca is built around a shaded and secluded internal courtyard that provides communal alfresco dining and a wonderful place to relax in the sun or shade. La Casa de la Caldera offers peace to those that wish to relax, swim, read, or paint, it is very well located for those that wish to be more active and walk, cycle or ride into the surrounding hills. Good restaurants and bars are within easy reach in the neighbouring villages of Femes, Uga and Yaiza and the marinas at Puerto Calero and Rubicon. The larger resort of Playa Blanca and Timanfaya National Park are close by and some of the best beaches on the island at Papagayo, Playa Quemada and Playa Dorada, are within 10 minutes drive.
Details for holiday farmhouse La Casa de la Caldera, 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14, 4 Bathrooms
La Casa de la Caldera comprises 4 self-contained apartments sleeping up to 13.
El Patio & Puesta del Sol each ap't has 2 double bedrooms one with king size and the other twin beds. Valle de Femes ap't has 1 double bedroom with double and single bed. El Aljibe has 1 double bedroom.
All bedrooms have fitted wardrobes.
El Patio, Puesta del Sol and Valle de Femes ap'ts have modern fully tiled bathrooms with full size bath with shower over, vanity unit with sink plus toilet and bidet. El Aljibe has a shower room with vanity unit and sink plus toilet.
The 4 kitchens are equipped with fitted units, double-sink, oven, hob, microwave, toaster, kettle, fridge-freezer and coffee pot, dining table and chairs. El Patio and Puesta del Sol have dishwashers and washing machines. El Patio, Puesta del Sol and Valle de Femes apartments have comfortably furnished, spacious lounges equipped with CD player, DVD and satellite television. They also feature Canarian open fire places.
Top Traveller Review
A great find...
we were so happy to have you stay in val De Femes and we are delighted that you had a wonderful time.
thank you for the kind words and we hope to see you soon.
Regards Rossi & Kelly
About the Owner
We are Chris and Raquel and with our family run a rural house in Lanzarote. Raquel is also a kundalini yoga teacher and we have yoga classes in casa el morro, 5 minutes away from Femes.
Guestbook comments from the manager
Great place for families or couples to relax with a nice pool, and just a 15 min drive to some of the finest beaches of the island or great restaurants and bodegas in the wine area or El Golfo. We keep returning and love it. By the way, very nice owners too, in case you happen to meet them on one of their stays at the island.
We were back in September for our second stay in La Casa De La Caldera. It’s an absolute delight, so peaceful and relaxing, great recommendations from Ben & Sue of places to eat and things to do if you can drag yourself away from the beautiful beaches of Papagayo. Highly recommended to our families and friends. We’ll be back again.
2 holidaymaker reviews
A great find...
This a quirky and characterful property in a peaceful location, yet near enough to any facilities you might need. It definitely works best to have your own car, though. We were very lucky with the weather - warm and sunny all week! The pool and pool area are very good and each apartment has its own outdoor seating area. We stayed in Val de Femes, which is a great size for a couple. We did a mixture of self- catering and eating out and found the kitchen and cooking equipment perfectly adequate for our needs. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay and like the idea of returning with a group to take over the whole property.
A relaxing time!
A great time with lovelanzavillas at Casa Caldera, away from the crowds this old renovated farm is very relaxing and convenient. Large pool, easy access with a car to the shops and the beautiful beach of Papagayo which is great for young kids as the water is calm and clear! Easy also for an early flight in the morning to get away!
From the Owner
“This is a beautifully restored traditional Canarian Finca set in a tranquil rural setting in the Femes valley. We love the original Canarian architecture and particularly the internal courtyard which is a shaded oasis, ideal for outside dining. It is a wonderful place to unwind and recharge the batteries.”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
The Finca is very well located for those that wish to be more active and walk, cycle or ride into the surrounding hills.
The Finca sits on the border of Los Ajaches national park which stretches South and East down to the coast. This has many marked trails providing both coastal and ridge walks. Maps and guidebooks are provided in the apartments.
Diving is an increasingly popular activity on Lanzarote. The owners, one of whom is a diving instructor, can provide advice and guidance on the best dive schools and dive sites.
Whilst the Finca is in a rural village setting, it is ideally located to explore the beaches, resorts, marinas and other places of interest in the south of the island. The beautiful and unspoilt golden sand beaches of Papagayo are 10 minutes drive. The beaches of Playa Quemada, with its rustic charm, are 10 minutes drive as are the more child friendly sandy beaches of Playa Dorada. The Rubicon marina in Playa Blanca and the Puerta Calero marina are within 10 and 15 minutes drive respectively.
The Finca is in the south of the island and is 20 minutes drive from the airport.
Car hire is essential to get the best from your holiday.
The Finca is exceptionally well located for those wishing to explore Lanzarote's many attractions. It is 5 minutes drive from the beautiful villages of Femes Uga and Yaiza that offer a variety of cafes, restaurants and bars and 10 minutes drive from the major resort of Playa Blanca.
The dramatic volcanic landscape of Timanfaya National Park and El Golfo are 15 minutes drive away.
The fascinating wine growing region of La Geria is in the next valley.
Local well stocked supermarkets are available in the neighbouring villages of Femes, Uga and Yaiza.
Due to the rural aspect of the Villa we are offering a catering service with the ability to hire your own private chef who will offer you the opportunity to hold your own private functions, Special event nights or simply just cook for you morning, noon and or night. For more details please ask on booking......remember this applies if you are booking one apartment or the whole Finca.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
7 night minimum stay
for 7 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Bookings will be confirmed on receipt of payment of a 20% deposit.
Full payment will be due 6 weeks prior to the start of your holiday.
Changeover day is flexible. The villa will be available to occupy at 2.00 p.m. on the day of arrival and should be vacated by 10.30 on the day of departure. Some flexibility may apply to these timings based on whether the apartments are required that day.
Notes on prices:
Prices for the whole of La Casa de la Caldera are quoted per night for 6 guests occupying all 4 apartments. Add £49 per week for each additional guests over 6 up to 12.
La Casa de la Caldera can be let in various combinations of apartments. Refer to the owners for full details and prices.
A deposit of 20% is required to confirm booking.
Manager's Cancellation Policy
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“For us the Casa offers a perfect location. It is quiet, private and secluded and is the perfect getaway to chill and recharge the batteries.”
- Away From It All
- Sports & Activities
- Tourist Attractions
- Fireplace ...
- Hair Dryer
- Heating ...
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided ...
- Living Room ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Dishwasher ...
- Kitchen ...
- Microwave ...
- Pantry Items ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Satellite / Cable ...
- Television ...
- Toys ...
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Outdoor Pool
- Private Pool ...
- Private Chef
- children welcome
- non smoking only ...
- pets not allowed
- water parks
- winery tours
- bird watching
- horse riding
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Sports & Adventure Activities
- mountain biking
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, El Patio modern tiled bathroom
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Puesta del Sol modern tiled bathroom
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath with Shower, Shower Enclosure, Bidet, Valle de Femes - Modern tiled bathroom
- Bathrooom 4 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure, El Aljibe - Modern tiled shower room
- 6 Bedrooms, Sleeps 14
- Bedroom 2 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, El Patio -Twin beds plus folding bed if required
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Large Double Bed, El Patio - King Size double bed
- Bedroom 3 - 1 Large Double Bed, Puesta del Sol - King Size double
- Bedroom 4 - 2 Single Bed, 1 Sofa bed/Futon, Puesta del sol - Twin beds plus folding bed if required
- Bedroom 5 - 1 Double Bed, 1 Single Bed, Valle de Femes - Double and singel beds in same room
- Bedroom 6 - 1 Double Bed, El Aljibe - I double bed in circular bedroom
- Bicycles ...
- Terrace ...
- Golf ...
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
- Notes on accommodation: The accommodation is highly flexible to meet the needs of couples, individual families with children through to larger groups of family and friends, up to 13. Each apartment is fully self-contained with bedrooms, lounge, bathroom and kitchen and dedicated outside terraces and barbeque area. When let in combinations, the apartments in the main building all open into the courtyard for shared dining and relaxing. However when needed the apartments offer an element of privacy. The main house has an internal courtyard (el patio) that is a wonderfully sheltered outside space for alfresco dining or relaxing in the sun or shade. When let in combination with El Patio all apartments have access to this space via double doors. All bed linen and hand and bath towels are provided and will be changed each week for those staying more than one week. The apartments are cleaned ready for arrival and each week for those staying more than one week. Beach towels are not provided. WIFI NOW AVAILABLE!!! Outside: All apartments have private sun terraces equipped with barbeque and table and chairs. When let in combination with El Patio all apartments have access to the inner courtyard which is equipped with a large dining table and chairs, sun shades and sun loungers. One of the highlights of the Finca is its large, volcanic rock walled and gated garden, planted with palm trees, succulent plants and cacti. Set in this garden is a large 10 x 5 metre solar heated pool. This is surrounded by extensive sun terraces and pergolas with inbuilt seating. The pool area is equipped with 10 sun loungers, tables and chairs and a range of children's toys. The garden has the novel feature of a full sized Canarian bolas (bowls) court. Over the years, this game, played with volcanic rack balls, has provided hours of competitive fun to our guests