Yurts in Coxbridge, Nr. Glastonbury, Somerset, England - Peaceful, Secluded, Endless Walks, Birdlife, 10 Mins Glastonbury Town, Local To Wells & Bat
This is an unusual opportunity to experience something very special. The yurts are situated in the private and secluded grounds of lower coxbridge house. Surrounded by sheep pasture with a small river running adjacent to the yurt, the outstanding feature about this property is the location which is second to none. Prolific bird and wildlife. Bicycles and breakfast boxes are available for guests who stay in our very special yurts. Interior is tastefully and comfortably furnished, and the owner is happy to supply you with anything you may need which is not provided. Please ask! Beautiful showers and compost loos are for your exclusive use and there are electric sockets if you need to charge your phone etc. One yurt is fitted with a super king bed, the other a large double, both have a small gas hob, pans and cutlery for you to cook up simple meals. We also supply a bbq with charcoal and a limited supply of fire wood for the burner on chilly evenings.
You will also have access to the hot tub from which you can lie back and relax while watching the sun set behind Glastonbury Tor.
Top Traveller Review
Beautiful yurt in a stunning setting with a warm and welcoming host.
About the Owner
My husband and I bought this stunning plot of land in 1995, we designed and built the house which now stands on the land. It is a pocket of paradise, and anyone who comes is moved by the beauty of the place. I am never happier than when I am here enjoying the peace and unique energy of this extraordinary place.
The yurts are a new addition to Lower Coxbridge House and arrived slightly by accident, but are now a permanent summer fixture of the property. They are very beautiful, tastefully decorated with all that you need to enjoy a comfortable, cosy night. The views from the doors are second to none and you wake with the gentle sound of the horses grazing against the back drop of Glastonbury Tor
Why sarah chose Mendip (Glastonbury)
Once you step foot in this property you will realise that you are somewhere very special. In an unusually peaceful and secluded location, we are a small and intimate venue for people looking to get away from the rat race and "re connect" with nature and silence. Both yurts are beautifully furnished, comfortable beds and pure cotton linen add to the experience of a good night sleep
What makes this cabin unique
Above all, the property boasts possibly the best location I have ever enjoyed. It is totally secluded with panoramic views all around. Guests never cease to be amazed by the location of Lower Coxbridge. The yurts are set in an open paddock with enormous skycap landscape all around.
I have never been to another property with such open far reaching views including the magnificent back drop of Glastonbury Tor.
You have to come to visit to appreciate the uniqueness of this little pocket of paradise.
(3 traveller reviews)
the view of Glastonbury Tor from the yurt was priceless. The yurt was clean and comfortable and the bed was huge. We had a wonderful experience; just lying in bed with the door open listening to the sheep was wonderful and relaxing .
Beautiful yurt in a stunning setting with a warm and welcoming host.
We arrived at the accommodation in torrential rain. The host very kindly let us use a separate out building with a kitchen, which was just what we needed with a toddler. The yurt was extremely clean and beautifully decorated. When the sun finally came out there was a bbq, cutlery and crockery we could also use. Our toddler loved the setting and was in his element surrounded by horses and sheep. There's a great farm shop a short walk away with an excellent butcher. The views are amazing and the setting is very relaxed and secluded. We had a wonderful time and would definitely go back.
Traumhafter Urlaub mitten in der Natur
Der Urlaub in der Yurte war unbeschreiblich schön. Die Yurte ist sehr schön eingerichtet und es schläft sich wunderbar unter 'fast freiem' Himmel. Wir sind tiefenentspannt und völlig erholt wieder nach Hause gefahren. Sehr zu empfehlen.
From the Owner
“Once you step foot in this property you will realise that you are somewhere very special. In an unusually peaceful and secluded location, we are a small and intimate venue for people looking to get away from the rat race and "re connect" with nature and silence. Both yurts are beautifully furnished, comfortable beds and pure cotton linen add to the experience of a good night sleep”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
cycling, walking, yoga , swimming, birdwatching,
The stunning Jurasic coast is a 50 minute drive from the property, my favourite beach, Burton Bradstock one hour. This is a perfect day trip where there is a wonderful beach restaurant from which to admire the stunning beach and ocean.
Glastonbury and all its wonders are a few minutes drive from the property.The ancient town of Wells is a 15 minute drive. Baltonsborough has a well stocked shop and post office, the farm shop can deliver local food for and during your stay please enquire. Numerous pubs and restaurants all around. River for wild swimming in the village. Wells and Mendip golf courses are 15 minutes in the car.
We have a thriving village shop and post office in Baltonsborough which is a mile away. There is also Baltonsborough Farm Shop suppling local home grown produce. They will supply breakfast boxes to order, fresh croissant and home made pies.
Numerous bike rides and walks on your doorstep.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly *||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
1 night minimum stay
for 1 night
* Approximate monthly price. Actual pricing will depend on the days of the month you stay.
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
Please enquire on booking. Check in is 2pm, check out 11am. Please discuss with the owner if you need to be flexible with timings
Please contact owner
Notes on prices:
Pricing is based on two people staying for a minimum of two nights. One night only for two is £100, a week for two in one yurt is £500.
Please enquire on booking
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 7 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 14 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
“Above all, the property boasts possibly the best location I have ever enjoyed. It is totally secluded with panoramic views all around. Guests never cease to be amazed by the location of Lower Coxbridge. The yurts are set in an open paddock with enormous skycap landscape all around. I have never been to another property with such open far reaching views including the magnificent back drop of Glastonbury Tor. You have to come to visit to appreciate the uniqueness of this little pocket of paradise.”
- Away From It All
- Linens Provided ...
- Parking ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer ...
- Washing Machine ...
- Wood Stove ...
- Coffee Maker ...
- Dishes & Utensils ...
- Hob ...
- Dining ...
- Dining Area
- Table Football
Pool / Spa
- Hot Tub ...
- children welcome
- limited accessibility
- non smoking only
- pets considered
- bird watching
- eco tourism
- horse riding
- outlet shopping
- scenic drives
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- fitness centre
- laundrette - serviced
- massage therapist
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- 14 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Shower Enclosure
- Outdoor showers and composting toilets for exclusive use of yurt guests. Hot showers with stunning views towards the tor. Organic toiletries provided.
- 1 Bedroom, Sleeps 3
- Bedroom 1
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 4 (1 Bedroom) Notes on bedrooms: Super king bed with pure cotton linen and down filled duvets and pillows. Blankets and extra covers for the more chilly nights and hot water bottles Second yurt has a large double with pure cotton and down filled duvet and pillows we can add another z bed, perfect for a family.
- Garden ...
- Barbecue ...
Learn more about this holiday rental at the owner's website
- Notes on accommodation: The two yurts are available to book together or individually. They are far enough away from each other not to impact on one. This assures a peaceful and private stay. You are welcome to have a fire outside and / or barbeque. Bicycles can be booked and breakfast can be pre ordered and delivered to your yurt door. It is possible to book the yurts and Lower Coxbridge House as one unit if you have a large group wanting to come and stay in this magnificent property. Outside: Beautiful gardens, fields literally on your doorstep. You have your own fire bowl, bench and table if you decide to bar be que. Mugs and a kettle are provided and the owner is happy to lend you kitchen equipment if you need. There is an outdoor pool in street between May and September, or various rivers near by which are popular wild swimming spots. Hot tub on site between June and August 2014 Utility Room: Use of large utility room if wet, washing machine and freezer Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: All linen included. Towels provided on request Other: The yurt is situated a short walk away from the main house where you have full use of the toilet and shower facilities. T