Chateau near Thury Harcourt, Nr. Caen, Calvados, Normandy, France - Peaceful Location Set In The Suisse Normand Close To The Normandy Beaches & Historic Towns
Beautiful historic château set amongst the fields of the french countryside. The chateau is set in its own grounds of 5 acres of mature gardens & woods. The house is mentioned in the book by G Le Notre which is based in the times of the French Revolution. The house has been refurbished to a very high standard with an Aga, a fully equipped kitchen, log burners & wifi but still retaining the original charm & features of the property. There is a heated swimming pool in the grounds & ample room for the kids to run around with a vast rear lawn. All the bedrooms are double in size with a games room, play room & gym available as well. There are numerous grand rooms with fireplaces, antique furniture & paintings. The house is situated in the heart of the Suisse Normand with its numerous possibilities for walking, cycling & kayaking. It is in a central position close to the events of the World Equestrian Games. It is also only a short drive away from the D Day beaches & the resorts of Cabourg, Deauville & Trouville. The historic towns of Caen, Falaise & Bayeux are all equally accessible. Mont St Michel & Monet's Garden & Giverny are all within easy reach.
About the Owner
Guestbook comments from the owner
'Wonderful stay in a lovely château full of historic interest in a wonderful part of Normandy'- Mrs G, W. Sussex.
'Fabulous time staying at a beautiful château. Can't wait to return' Mrs S, Hampshire.
'Had a fab time at the château. Thank you for allowing us to stay at your wonderful home' Mr & Mrs W, Nr Fareham.
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Kayaking, walking, horse riding & cycling all available locally.
40 minutes by car to the nearest beaches. There are numerous beaches available from the D Day beaches to resorts such as Merville-Franceville, Cabourg & Houlgate. The chic resorts of Deauville & Trouville are approximately an hour away by car.
For those coming by boat: the property is 45 minutes from the port of Ouistreham & approximately 1 hour 20 minutes from Le Havre. If flying, the airport at Carpiquet is 40 minutes away. Dinard is 2 hours away, whilst Charles de Gaule is approximately 2hours 45 minutes by car.
Donnay is 0.5 km away. Thury Harcourt is approximately 7km away & has shops, restaurants, bars & a boulangerie. The historic towns of Falaise & Caen are 20km & 30km respectively. The D day beaches are 40km away & the resorts of Merville-Franceville & Houlgate are approximately 45kms away.
Local shops, restaurants, supermarkets & banks are available in Thury Harcourt which is approximately 10 minutes away by car. There is a swimming pool in Thury Harcourt. The town of Clecy is in the heart of the Suisse Normand & is a haven for kayaking, cycling & walking & is approximately 10minutes away by car. For hypermarkets & clothes shopping the towns of Mondeville & Caen are approximately 30minutes away by car.
|Rental Period||Minimum Price||Additional Nights||Weekend Night||Weekly||Monthly||Event Price|
My Standard Rate
5 night minimum stay
for 5 nights
Additional pricing information
|Fees||No additional mandatory fees|
A deposit is taken at the time of booking. The balance remaining is taken six weeks prior to arriving. There is a refundable security deposit of £200 which is taken to cover any breakages.
Flexible depending on the time of year.
Notes on prices:
10 per cent discount available for second week.
10 per cent loyalty discount available for return bookings.
5 per cent friends & family discount if recommended by a friend or family member who has stayed at the Chateau.
Owner's Cancellation Policy
- 50% refund for cancellations more than 30 days before check-in date.
- 100% refund for cancellations more than 60 days before check-in date.
- Available arrival
- chateau / country house
- Fitness Room / Equipment
- Hair Dryer
- Iron & Board
- Linens Provided
- Living Room ...
- Towels Provided
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Wood Stove
- Dishes & Utensils
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Dining Area
- DVD Player
- Game Room
- Pool Table
- Satellite / Cable
- Video Games
- Video Library
Pool / Spa
- Heated Pool
- Private Pool
- children welcome
- horse riding
- sight seeing
Local Services & Businesses
- medical services
Sports & Adventure Activities
- equestrian events
- 800 m²
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Ensuite bathroom 1 to bedroom 1(tower) with roll top bath, wc, shower & 2 sinks. Ensuite bathroom 2 to bedroom 3 with bath, wc & 1 sink. Ensuite bathroom 3 to bedroom 5 with roll top bath , bidet, wc, shower & large sink.
- 5 Bedrooms, Sleeps 10
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 10 (5 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: Bedroom 1(Tower) with a king size bed Bedroom 2 with a king size bed Bedroom 3 with 2 twin beds & a double bed Bedroom 4 with 2 twin beds Bedroom 5 with a king size bed
- Notes on accommodation: Five large bedrooms with three en-suite bathrooms. Travel cots, high chairs & steriliser plus a variety of baby equipment available.Well stocked library. Games room with Xbox plus flat screen TV. Pool table. Well equipped kitchen. Heated swimming pool(9m x6m). Extensive private grounds. Outside: The property is set in 5 acres of mature gardens & woods. There is a large lawn to the rear of the property perfect for leisurely lunches or for the kids to run around. Alternatively, there is seating available at the front of the property which is perfect for a summer evening BBQ. There is a kids play area with slide, swings & a climbing ladder. There is a private, heated swimming pool measuring 9 x 6 metres(heating included) & a patio area surrounding it with many comfy chairs & loungers. The property is well screened by trees but backs on to fields & is private, peaceful & secluded. The mature woods are perfect for a game of hide & seek or to build a den. There are numerous country walks available in the countryside nearby. Utility Room: Microwave, washing machine plus sink. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Towels & linen included. Towels & linen changed once weekly. Property cleaned at start of stay. Other: Dining room: large with flag stone floor. Large oak table plus antique wooden benches plus chairs. Comfy sofa. Murano glass chandelier, antique furniture plus paintings. Log burner. Ipod connectivity. Library: Well stocked with books & magazines.