House in Strathcarron, Wester Ross, Scottish Highlands, Scotland - Surrounded by Most Beautiful Highland Scenery With Lots of Sights and Activities in the Area
Glencarron Lodge is the main house on a 12,000 acre estate in a tranquil Highland glen and is the perfect venue for an extended family or groups of friends to enjoy Highland activities and each other's company or for corporate entertainment. Cocktails in the drawing room, convivial meals at the large dining table, all after a day clay pigeon shooting, walking, fishing, boating, sightseeing with bucket and spade on the beach, holding a ping pong tournament in the basement or just enjoying the romance of the Highlands. Glencarron Lodge is in the West Highlands one hour's drive due west of Inverness and is centrally located for sightseeing in much of the highlands, from fairytale castles and the Isle of Skye to the most idyllic fishing villages viewed on descending the highest mountain roads in Britain. The sandy beaches on the west coast are among the most beautiful in the world with vast sand dunes and rocky pools. And scattered throughout are the quaintest of highland pubs with fresh langoustine and shrimps, often cooked to London standards.
About the Owner
Toad Hall is privately owned.
Guestbook comments from the owner
Some visitors who spent a long winter's weekend at Glencarron Lodge wrote, "The Lodge is wonderful and the location far more beautiful than we had anticipated. The whole weekend went so well - the clays shooting and walking ... was a perfect combination. The remote lodge where we stopped to have our lunch was very romantic and beautiful - what a stunning house it would make [now fully renovated]! All in all it is a weekend we will never forget - it really was very special indeed. We feel very fortunate to have found Glencarron and you have been so helpful and kind with all your suggestions."
From the Owner
“The area has outstanding natural beauty”
Activity and Interests
Special interest holidays:
Stalking, trout and Salmon fishing (with tuition if required), photo-stalking, guided walking, nature walks, clay pigeon shooting and golfing plus sea life watching can all be arranged on site or nearby for beginners or the more experienced.
The West coast of Scotland near us has some of the most beautiful beaches in the world with vast sand dunes and rocky pools. The best beaches are about 40 minutes in the car.
Nearest stations: Achnasheen 5 miles (or Achnashellach request stop) and Inverness, 50 miles. Airports: Inverness (1 hour's drive), Aberdeen (3 hours) and Edinburgh (4 hours) all have flights from London, Bristol and Exeter etc. See Easyjet for cheap flights.
Achnasheen 5 miles. Lochcarron 12 miles. Kyle 20 miles. Dingwall 40 miles. Inverness 50 miles. Eileen Donan Castle 20 Miles, Plockton 18 miles, Applecross 20 miles.
Lots of good food and particularly sea food in the area. Guests will receive the Estate directory which extensively details local facilities and useful information.
- Booking Notes:
We require a 40% or rental deposit to book with the balance 8 weeks before your stay please.
Usually Saturday but in the autumn can be Sunday or other days
Notes on prices:
Prices include Aga oil, logs and Wifi internet but exclude linen and towels which is charged at £8 per person-bed change and electricity is metered and charged at cost price. Please email or phone Kate Douglas for full price information at other times.
- Available arrival
From the Owner
- Iron & Board
- Living Room ...
- Tumble Dryer
- Washing Machine
- Kitchen ...
- Child's Highchair
- Satellite / Cable
- children welcome
- pets considered
- Bathroom 1 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 2 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure
- Bathroom 3 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 4 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Bathroom 5 - Toilet, Bath (no shower), Shower Enclosure, Bidet
- Toilet 1 - Toilet
- Toilet 2 - Toilet
- Toilet 3 - Toilet
- Shower room 1 - Shower Enclosure
- There are six bath/shower rooms, 4 with roll top baths (2 being carefully restored genuine beautiful antique baths) each with WC and two additional WCs. The bathrooms have been entirely refitted in Victorian style and produce ample filtered hot water.
- 11 Bedrooms, Sleeps 20
- Bedroom 1 - 1 Cot
- Bedroom 2
- Bedroom 3
- Bedroom 4
- Bedroom 5
- Bedroom 6
- Bedroom 7
- Bedroom 8
- Bedroom 9
- Bedroom 10
- Bedroom 11
- Description of sleeping capacity: Sleeps 20 (11 Bedrooms) Notes on bedrooms: One en suite double (with additional single bed); one family suite comprising a double room, a twin room and a bath/shower room; 6 further large twin rooms (one having an extra bed) and 2 single rooms one with extra bed and en suite WC. There are 2 cots.
- Golf ...
- Ski & Snowboard ...
- Notes on accommodation: Our High chair is suitable for toddlers but not babies. You use all baby/child equipment at your own risk and are advised to check its safety for your child. Outside: The large garden has a raised patio all along the rear of the house and steps down to lawns with a children's climbing frame (use at our own risk, please assess risks for your child). Utility Room: The utility room serves as a drying room after winter hill walks and includes a drinks fridge and sink. It is where the water is filtered and UV sterilised and contains two large water heaters. Cleaning / Towels / Linen / Maid service: Bed linen and towels are supplied at £8 per person-bed change and you can have clean linen as often as you choose. The property is cleaned weekly but we can arrange more frequent cleaning/help if you require it. Other: Large Dining room surrounded by stags heads with table to seat 16 or 18 and side table to seat 6. Large stag candle holders - a splendid room.